Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Up until very recently

- I thought a-ha was a British band (they're Norwegian)
- I thought Danny Boyle was from Ireland (he's from Manchester)
- I thought Aretha Franklin sang the hit 1960s song "Rescue Me" (it was Fontella Bass)
- I thought New Edition sang the hit 1980s song "Love Come Down" (it was Evelyn "Champagne" King)
- I thought you could get in trouble for throwing car batteries into the ocean (it's perfectly legal)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
I suck at resumes. I’ve certainly improved over the years. But, man, do I hate working on them. I also suck at interviews.

There’s plenty of other stuff I’m still stupid about, but that’s part of being a human. The resume thing is just something that should not still be difficult at my age.

Bored fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jun 14, 2023

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
>In what ways are you still dumb?

all of 'em.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I've never made a resume.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I still don’t have a primary care physician and never have and I’m drat near 43. If I don’t get blood work or X-rays or anything I’m clearly fine.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Passive Aggreeable posted:

I can't parse things that I hear if there's any distortion or static associated with it, if there's radio chatter I probably didn't hear it right for the nth time. And on that note, I eggcorn lyrics pretty badly and I don't remember song lyrics very well.

So you cover lyrics in egg and corn?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Someone once told me that if you adjust your TV's volume to even numbers over odd its more pleasing to the ear.

Never looked it up, do it without fail.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I tend to look down on superstitious people but I conciously avoid putting my tv volume on 13.

Actually that makes a lot of sense now I think of it

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Ape Fist posted:

when I'm having some sort of online pissing contest with someone I will often just skim-read what they're saying, or the sources they post, and then completely misinterpret it or get the facts wrong because I'm angry and will then respond to a point someone didn't make or just post something extremely dumb and just own myself and then I have to skulk off like a bitch and hide for days and not talk about it

Never back down. Become KenM unironically

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I'm as dumb as they come but at least I can honestly say that i've never tried to have a serious discussion on the drat internet

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Up until about 3 years ago I was convinced that Lauren Holly and Laurie Holden were the same actress, so I legit thought that Andrea from The Walking Dead used to be married to Jim Carrey.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
I bought a PS5.

The only games I play on it are Goat Simulator and Power Wash Simulator.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
I cannot properly articulate what my skill set is beyond “ i can simplify complex topics for other dumbasses by glossing over detail i dont care about”

I still think i am capable of doing my own plumbing and electrical work if need be

I once interrupted a colleague who was introducing me to a new guy as “this is the guy who knows how to do everything” by saying “ no do not listen to him i am dumb as hell i know nothing” and new guy leans back in his chair with a weird expression on his face and says “ you know, in my country, that means you are very wise”.

I still like the new star wars stuff post-disney

I dont want to write the 12 page report about how great i am that will lead to getting a promotion if i just loving would do it

I am ignoring a water leak from the shower thats a whole fuckload of work to fix but will eventually destory that corner of the house. Which i am not done paying for yet. Maybe ill caulk it more next week. Probably not. See #2

One way i know i am not dumb: i let my wife handle all the money. Shes loving excellent at keeping the books in good shape and preventing me from buying stupid poo poo we dont need.

Lusty Grundles
Jun 9, 2023

Dick Jones posted:

- I thought you could get in trouble for throwing car batteries into the ocean (it's perfectly legal)
Yeah, I think that's how they invented electric eels.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Genesplicer posted:

I was on the bleeding edge of technology back when DOS 6.0 was a thing. Since then I have been slowly falling behind. Today, I can't tell Instagram from Tiktok.

However, I always play it more stupid with my students than I really am. When they ask if I have an Instagram account, I say "No, but I'm on Myspace!!!!"

(That is not true. I have never had a myspace page.)

Like you weren’t around for the new dangled electric light.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Icochet posted:

I'm as dumb as they come but at least I can honestly say that i've never tried to have a serious discussion on the drat internet

Er… lots of people have serious discussions online daily. This might be a subset of your “I’m dumb” realisation.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

Creature posted:

I bought a PS5.

real talk I'm thinking about selling a lot of my gaming devices, I barely touch them oops. I'll keep the switch light and oculus I'm thinking, since I've touched both of those in the last year.... better to sell stuff while it still has some value (ps4 + games, gaming laptop etc)

thread content:
in what ways am I still dumb?

all of them

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Got a new one

Been so depressed I didn't check my SA Mart thread and 2 different goons wanted to buy something 6 and 7 days ago

WHAT AN IDJIT I AM

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Creature posted:

I bought a PS5.

You and me both brother. I bought one and playstation plus. Know what I played? Assassins Creed Black Flag. Same game I played when I bought a PS4. It's not like my TV is 4K, I'm just an idiot

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Extra row of tits posted:

Er… lots of people have serious discussions online daily. This might be a subset of your “I’m dumb” realisation.

:goonsay:

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Creature posted:

I bought a PS5.

i had a dream last night that I got a PS5, and the only thing I played was this dreamt-game where you ride a razor scooter (not very fast), and sneak into corporate parks and fenced off facilities to trim shrubbery. you have to avoid workers and security guards, and jump off the scooter and run like 5 times faster than you were on the scooter.

But, also, same with PS4 + Disgaea, and I only played it like 3 times.

I'm horrible at social cues, and if I'm in a group of 3 or more at work, and I get the information I need, I just walk away without saying anything instead of continuing to chat.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

blight rhino posted:

i had a dream last night that I got a PS5, and the only thing I played was this dreamt-game where you ride a razor scooter (not very fast), and sneak into corporate parks and fenced off facilities to trim shrubbery. you have to avoid workers and security guards, and jump off the scooter and run like 5 times faster than you were on the scooter.

But, also, same with PS4 + Disgaea, and I only played it like 3 times.

I'm horrible at social cues, and if I'm in a group of 3 or more at work, and I get the information I need, I just walk away without saying anything instead of continuing to chat.

you should try Goat simulator

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I bought a Pipo 7 inch laptop and should receive it within the next week. i cling to this notion that I enjoy working on small computers... I don't but I like the idea of it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tarkus posted:

I bought a Pipo 7 inch laptop and should receive it within the next week. i cling to this notion that I enjoy working on small computers... I don't but I like the idea of it.

did you get the computer?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

did you get the computer?

Not yet, within this next week. It's being shipped from China.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tarkus posted:

Not yet, within this next week. It's being shipped from China.

cool. don't trust those communists.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

cool. don't trust those communists.

True, gonna smoke out the OS that comes with it. I never trust the ones that are installed from China. Apparently the OS is some bizarre bootleg corporate version of Windows that they just cloned.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tarkus posted:

True, gonna smoke out the OS that comes with it. I never trust the ones that are installed from China. Apparently the OS is some bizarre bootleg corporate version of Windows that they just cloned.

Congrats. Also don't trust me

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
What have I become?
My Swedish friend?

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I stay up about 60-90 minutes later than I should almost every single night, despite knowing that a good night's sleep makes everything better the next day.

This has been going on for 3+ decades now.

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 18, 2023

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Parker Lewis posted:

I stay up about 60-90 minutes later than I should almost every single night, despite knowing that a good night's sleep makes everything better the next day.

This has been going on for 3+ decades now.

you and I need to be real angry at the Simpsons thread

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

For the life of me I can't get all my hair tied into a hair band and people make it look so effortless and easy.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nelson Mandingo posted:

For the life of me I can't get all my hair tied into a hair band and people make it look so effortless and easy.

you should cut your loving hair

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm brutally, insanely forgetful, to the point that I'm p-sure I have some kind of undiagnosed neurological condition (well, besides from my weird sleep one) and I have to write everything down in order to remember it.

Of course this for some reason doesn't translate to other things. I can probably quote the captions on pictures from CGW magazines I read in the 90s by heart, I also have like, encyclopedic knowledge of the history of videogames, gymnastics, and James Joyce, but if you ask me to remember your birthday or some work related thing without writing it down I absolutely never will.

I forget poo poo like the instant I do them all the time, more than other people do. I've literally gone upstairs to piss and been like "Did I just piss?" to myself. I forget if I've eaten earlier in the day, I forget passwords basically the instant I make them, I'm barely cognizant of what day of the week it is unless I look it up (although this may be because my hours are hosed up).

Ngl I'm wondering if this is sleep apnea related. Can it make you that forgetful?
Prob should get that checked out.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you should try Goat simulator

It is the pinnacle of goat simulation technology. Utterly realistic. I want a VR release.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i am loving terrible at tying knots even though i go fishing regularly

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I look at my bank account and it reminds me how dumb i am, then I see Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg being stupid dumb idiots, but they're billionaires. It hurts to be stupider than those two.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 18, 2023

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Sometimes, usually in the morning, I forget where the poo comes out.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I don't know gently caress all about cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

flubber nuts posted:

Sometimes, usually in the morning, I forget where the poo comes out.

there are a surprising amount of results when one googles "But I poop from there"