Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I'm dumb in a lot of ways and I'm too dumb to do anything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I still tie my shoelaces the child way. I think i was sick the day they taught the adult lace method

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Icochet posted:

I still tie my shoelaces the child way. I think i was sick the day they taught the adult lace method

The child way? Is that where you take the shoe off, tie it facing forward then put the shoe back on like people do with suit ties?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

The child way? Is that where you take the shoe off, tie it facing forward then put the shoe back on like people do with suit ties?

If I could explain the difference between the child way and the normal way I wouldn't be in this pickle

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Screaming Idiot posted:

I'm dumb in a lot of ways and I'm too dumb to do anything about it.

too dumb, or too wise???

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

too dumb, or too wise???

nah, just dumb, a little earlier i tried to eat an orange and forgot to peel it

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Screaming Idiot posted:

nah, just dumb, a little earlier i tried to eat an orange and forgot to peel it

Some people eat the oranges with the orange shells

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Smugworth posted:

Some people eat the oranges with the orange shells

their power is humbling

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Icochet posted:

If I could explain the difference between the child way and the normal way I wouldn't be in this pickle

So you tie your shoes with both loops already constructed? I think the kid wording was bunny ears, if I remember correctly. I bet there are youtubes and wikihows showing both methods. One moment.

Bunny ears is the second method in the wikihow.

https://www.wikihow.com/Tie-Your-Shoes

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 22, 2023

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bored posted:

So you tie your shoes with both loops already constructed? I think the kid wording was bunny ears, if I remember correctly. I bet there are youtubes and wikihows showing both methods. One moment.

Bunny ears is the second method in the wikihow.

https://www.wikihow.com/Tie-Your-Shoes

Yeah bunny ears. The name makes the whole thing worse!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Just had a flashback to The Wire where some boat guy made fun of Bunny Ears The Knot. I've been poo poo on by TV and didn't even know it. gently caress!

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Icochet posted:

I've only known "the bunny ears" way myself. If it's any consolation, my understanding is it's technically the same knot so I don't think we're really missing out on anything.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

I've only known "the bunny ears" way myself. If it's any consolation, my understanding is it's technically the same knot so I don't think we're really missing out on anything.

Yes. In my native language there is only one word for the knot, no matter how one arrives at it. It's a good language for the dumb. But it's also a culture where we take our shoes off when we visit someone, so when it's time to leave i tie my shoes in the bathroom to avoid shame. My friends think I have IBS and i'm not gonna to correct them

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I struggle to remember passwords, because I make an effort to have a different one for everything, so I do the thing you're not supposed to and keep passwords in a little notebook in my desk

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Revins posted:

I struggle to remember passwords, because I make an effort to have a different one for everything, so I do the thing you're not supposed to and keep passwords in a little notebook in my desk

Future video game protagonists thank you for rewarding exploration. Just make sure you leave behind a proper environmental storytelling skeleton when you pass.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Until extremely recently I thought that scene in the simpsons with Jimbo and Bart's neighbour he was saying "this shirt is chiefin' me" and thought it was some slang I'd never heard, not the word chafing.

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao
Now my pants are chiefin’ me!

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
The notebook I keep at my desk, I write in it starting at the last page and moving towards the front as pages fill up.

I started doing this because I'm lefthanded with lazy penmanship from the days when ink would smear. I rest my hand on the page as I write; so I would smear the ink from one page as I write on the next. Going last page first essentially solved the problem.

Ink pens don't really smear these days, but I still do it out of habit.

E: I also write all my passwords in there, but you practically need a Rosetta stone to find them. I've also listed fake passwords just for additional confusion. It is a very, very, messy journal. Took me 15 minutes to find my Amazon password the other day. My brother was visiting and noticed it, asked what it was, and asked if he could take a peek. I let him, and after about a minute he said, "Jesus Christ. What's wrong with you?"

Internetjack fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 25, 2023

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Icochet posted:

Its where you shout at your parents that your shoes aren't tied until they are

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Internetjack posted:

The notebook I keep at my desk, I write in it starting at the last page and moving towards the front as pages fill up.

I started doing this because I'm lefthanded with lazy penmanship from the days when ink would smear. I rest my hand on the page as I write; so I would smear the ink from one page as I write on the next. Going last page first essentially solved the problem.

Ink pens don't really smear these days, but I still do it out of habit.
This is clever not dumb and would be a great idea for left handed artists

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Spinz posted:

This is clever not dumb and would be a great idea for left handed artists

As a fellow leftie, I solved this problem simply by never writing anything at all ever and in fact am slowly unlearning how to use teh englosh lanwich en it's writinm fomn

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Screaming Idiot posted:

As a fellow leftie, I solved this problem simply by never writing anything at all ever and in fact am slowly unlearning how to use teh englosh lanwich en it's writinm fomn

I'm right handed Mr. Connery

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Spinz posted:

I'm right handed Mr. Connery

u rogue, u've maed a fewl uv me

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Revins posted:

I think if someone already has access to your house and desk drawers then the hard copy of your passwords is the least of your concerns tbh

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
And its just not proper environmental storytelling when a brave adventurer roots through your decimated home in a post apocalyptic future and doesn't find any journals with clues

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Icochet posted:

I rhink I do bunny ears, but watching the video, i really have no idea what I do, until I do it.

then I double knot the bunny ears.

i'm bout to get those sketchers that have the built in shoe horn or whatever

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I just staple my shoes shut when I go out. Surefire method.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know how to drive stick.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Icochet posted:

If it's any consolation, I find it way easier to tie apron-strings that way.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
I'm in my 30s, and I take Drugs and go to All-night Raves.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

Peace, Love, Unity, Responsibility

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

okay but you need to post a dumb thing too

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

"Either way, it's going to hurt like crazy."
Anyone else not turn around when they drive in reverse? I mainly just use the mirrors.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I never look behind me when I drive; that poo poo's in the past, baby.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Verdugo posted:

I don't know how to drive stick.

I still drive stick in 2023

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Passive Aggreeable posted:

Anyone else not turn around when they drive in reverse? I mainly just use the mirrors.

I'm not a bad driver according to my insurance papers, but pretty awful at reversing and can usually spot a driver glaring at my side mirror as I'm crawling out of the parking spot. But that's just the tip of my iceberg of shortcomings.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

After visiting three waterparks and three amusement parks during the middle of June, I realized how out of the loop I am on leg ailments. Here's a couple that I witnessed and I'll add more if I remember them:

• Scaly, maroon calves that are larger than the thigh
  • Large, trunk-like legs that are the same diameter from crotch to foot with no visible ankle (imagine a summer sausage standing vertically with a baby doll foot glued to the bottom knot)

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Kirk Vikernes posted:

After visiting three waterparks and three amusement parks during the middle of June, I realized how out of the loop I am on leg ailments. Here's a couple that I witnessed and I'll add more if I remember them:

• Scaly, maroon calves that are larger than the thigh
  • Large, trunk-like legs that are the same diameter from crotch to foot with no visible ankle (imagine a summer sausage standing vertically with a baby doll foot glued to the bottom knot)

.....turn on your monitor?

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
I don't know how to start a fire on a grill but I can easily warp into the minus world on that super mario video game, I am 44

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
I work in the sciences and am one of few people employed at a very large research facility that doesn't explicitly have a BSc, or Masters degree for that matter.

I am surrounded by incredibly smart PhDs, who on a technical level are leagues beyond my mental capabilities.

I'm pretty savvy though; I can make myself either legitimately useful, or to appear legitimately useful to almost anyone. I am dumb in all the specialties, but I am a jack of all trades that just gets poo poo done out of fear of failure and I try to be honest when I think I'm over my head.

Luckily, the thing about scientists - a lot of them are very good at their one thing and not very good at everything else, so I've got a bit of a niche. It's still strange showing up to work day in and day out and feeling like the dumbest guy in the building, but then shooting the poo poo with your buddies on the weekend and being treated like "the smart one."

Szechwan fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jul 5, 2023