Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah Harris is just the natural foil for Desantis’s anti-woke agenda. It’s much more natural for him to attack a black woman with a name he can intentionally mispronounce than a white man. And it’s clear to his would be supporters what it’s really about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It’s a debate so I know but it’s genuinely impressive how so many people can never answer a direct question and just talk about whatever they want so consistently.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

All I know is Fox News is never inviting that Univision moderator back.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Vivek’s closing statement was to declare that Joe Biden is a puppet president and that Michelle Obama will be the real candidate.

He caught me by surprise.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually forgot that he opened the debate by saying it should be moderated by Tucker Carlson, Joe Rogan, and Elon Musk.

It’s like he’s an online chat come to life.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

At least he kind of acknowledges MLK’s actual views as opposed to all the “MLK wanted you to be color blind and not woke” conservatives?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ninjahedgehog posted:

So what's up exactly with the Nevada caucus and Haley not being on it? NBC keeps alluding to something weird happening there but isn't really going into any details

Nevada switched from a caucus to primary but the GOP got mad and somehow that ended up with them running a primary AND caucus but candidates can only compete in one of them. And Haley picked the primary even though the delegates are determined by the caucus. Presumably her strategy is that it will all be such a confusing mess that a primary win for her will be worth more than being beat by Trump in the caucus. But it’s all very dumb.

I’m sure someone else can explain it better or fix my mistakes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah I mean you could say she should be pursuing the delegates but as you said it’s winner takes all. So nothing is accomplished losing to Trump again. Might as well take advantage of the mess someone else created and salvage what you can out of it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Trump seemed very bitter in his speech that Haley isn’t dropping out and kissing the ring. So I wonder if that could kind of extend her viability. If he’s all salty and insecure about her even as he’s beating her that seems like it potentially makes her a bigger threat and effectively does for her what she’s unwilling to do with direct attacks. She can just be all southern passive aggressive about it.

I mean she’s still gonna lose.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I would guess those were basically default Trump voters. But yeah that couldn’t have gone much worse for Haley.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There’s certainly an argument to be made that Haley pulling decent numbers despite having all this loser energy is a bad sign for Trump. There’s also a bunch of exit polls with a significant chunk of her voters suggesting they wouldn’t vote for trump. It’s two states and one her home state so you can’t read too much in. But it’s there if you want to make the case.

And I think that’s why the GOP are so desperate for Haley to drop out. She poses no real threat to Trump winning the nomination and she’s made no indication that she’ll make substantive attacks on Trump. So calling for her to drop out after decent showings in 2 head to head primaries is ridiculous and feels pointless. But I think they don’t like the look of a split party when everyone is supposed to be united around their king and savior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I generally think the "other party comes to gently caress stuff up" thing is more of a political science fantasy than a significant thing. But for sure New Hampshire and South Carolina are unique states so far for Haley. Still they're also the only two states she's gone head to head with Trump in so that she has done decently and there are some scary numbers for Trump stand as the evidence we have at the moment. We'll see how things shape up down the line but I feel like there's not going to be a classic "coalescing around the front runner" thing here. Trump will win but you already love or hate Trump well before you started thinking about Nikki Haley. So I think as long as she's the last "alternative" standing she will draw a relatively significant number. But we'll see.