Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

drawkcab si eman ym posted:

In Similar News:

God bless 2016 for inoculating me against believing election surveys/forecasts ever again. Anything can happen, chaos reigns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

i say swears online posted:

statistical analysis was not invalidated by the 2016 presidential election

Of course not, but low odds of an outcome can still happen, especially if polling errors blind analysts.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Jesus III posted:

Just take him behind the barn and put him down!

I'm sure his wife would be up to the job, and she would do it with humility and love.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

E-Z Bake Vivek

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Vivek is taking the charade as far as he can to get humiliated by Nikki as many times as possible, it's the only sensible explanation.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

They remind you of the 4th of July?
:patriot:

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

DeSantis imagining his next showdown with Nikki Haley, who keeps using her line about "and when I kick back, I'm in heels"

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Mustang posted:

these are the same polls that said 2022 was going to be a red tsunami, polling just completely lacks credibility in the year 2023.

Which party will the narrative say was ruined by third-party spoilers? Greens hurting libs in 2016, Libertarians hurting cons in 2020... failure demands a scapegoat.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Space Fish posted:

DeSantis imagining his next showdown with Nikki Haley, who keeps using her line about "and when I kick back, I'm in heels"

Reposting in light of Nikki "they're not three inches, they're five" "ammunition heels" Haley. Ron wants to catch the kick on its way to Vivek.

I'm no fan of the GOP but she and Christie are the only coherent speakers on stage across all three debates so far. Did anyone catch the shot of Tim and Vivek chuckling on their end while Nikki was speaking? Looked like morons. Does that happen a lot in debates and it's just kept out of frame?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

DarklyDreaming posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You can't really out-fash Trump because most of his fans don't want that, they want permission. From a legal standpoint that's a distinction without a difference, from a psychological standpoint it's all that matters. Or to put it another way: DeSantis offers a world without Disneyland, while Trump offers a world where you can yell at your neighbors for giving money to Communist Disney but still go to Disneyland whenever you feel like

That Ron White bit about being on debate team and shocking his opponent into silence by saying "Oh yeah? Well, gently caress you!" as a political strategy.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

OctaMurk posted:

Dude kind of faded into the background. all he had were completely canned lines that he'd try to shoehorn in no matter how senseless

Tim Scott's primary debate answers were so bad that when the camera zoomed out you could see his opponents almost slack-jawed in listening to him. There was nothing to refute or worth attacking, his end was already assured.

(Edit: oh poo poo I actually took a photo in the moment. Behold!)

DeSantis is headed the same way with his scripted responses. "On day one I will take [Biden policy], tear it in half, and throw it in the garbage where it BELONGS!"

Space Fish fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Nov 13, 2023

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Papercut posted:

While going up against MNF just to really make sure no one watches it

...Monday Night Football, on Thursday? I admit, sports reruns are probably more compelling and original than a partisan debate, but still.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Nikki will continue to top Ron from coast to coast until he can't take anymore

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I mean, poo poo, I'm genuinely tempted to cross vote for her against Trump in the SC open primary.

Someone tell that to whomever handles her mailers. "A VOTE FOR TRUMP IS A VOTE FOR BIDEN" ah well, no need to even try and bump Haley's numbers then, is there?

Unless it's reverse psychology... :tinfoil:

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Pants Donkey posted:

Trump dying would be years of conspiracy theories as to how he was murdered. Like there will be no natural causes death his cult would accept, even a decade after his political career ended along with any incentive.

But the earliest conspiracies would be “he was murdered by the swamp” vs “he’s not dead! It’s a plot to trick the swamp!”

Plus he legally owns the Death Note, which only exacerbates all of the conspiracy theories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Zombie Dachshund posted:

I had the opposite experience with fentanyl for surgery. Going under felt so good, physically and even emotionally, that I absolutely saw the appeal. (My next thought was that I’d better stay away from anything like that or risk wrecking my life.)

Big same for when I was prescribed a painkiller (oxycontin?) after a minor operation. Worked great at numbing pain and almost felt like napping awake when I used it, very serene. They'd approved a month's supply, but I quit it as soon as the pain was gone because "stillness on demand" like that seemed profoundly habit-forming.