Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I became concerned when you brought up Georgian cuisine. There are opinions on collard greens and boiled peanuts, let me tell you. I'll take shawarma chat over those any day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Completely random aside, but to answer a question from the last video the British noble rank of "marquess" (MAR-kwess) is apparently what the VAs were using in FFXII but then they confused everyone by writing out the French spelling of Marquis (mar-KEY) which is what most Americans would be familiar with. As half the cast was apparently British perhaps that's how it was localized to them but the final game used basically a different word in the printed material. Whoopsie.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
That backstory about the nuclear apocalypse starting because someone dropped a socket onto a Titan II in Arkansas? It's 100% real, aside from the nuclear explosion: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Damascus_Titan_missile_explosion

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Olesh returns from his trip but something seems a little off with him. The drink of the day gets outsourced. And I put 20 seconds of Epic Sax Guy into the commentary version of the video because that was a thing I remembered exists after all this time. Also we fight a big-rear end tank and discover more plot! And make some plots of our own. Farming plots that is!

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Sep 10, 2023

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

That story the boss told was the story of Prometheus. Something something stolen mythos and ironically fatal mistake of forgetting just how much Prometheus suffered for bringing humans fire, leading to said boss Cervezman suffering for his hubris in wielding the tank (by being violently exploded).

e: Like seriously, Coyote McLorean thinks all that happened in the story was Coyote getting his tail singed when the real Prometheus was tied to a rock and got his liver eaten by an eagle every day. What a maroon.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 10, 2023

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Surely Olesh realizes we need a pic of his drink making companion pup

Bookthief
Jan 28, 2019
Sounds like a wasteland version of the Shoshone tale for the discovery of fire, which specifically involves coyote as a trickster working with a variety of other animals to steal the secrets of fire so humans don't freeze to death during winter.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

That story the boss told was the story of Prometheus. Something something stolen mythos and ironically fatal mistake of forgetting just how much Prometheus suffered for bringing humans fire, leading to said boss Cervezman suffering for his hubris in wielding the tank (by being violently exploded).

e: Like seriously, Coyote McLorean thinks all that happened in the story was Coyote getting his tail singed when the real Prometheus was tied to a rock and got his liver eaten by an eagle every day. What a maroon.

No, it was actually the story of Coyote. "A common theme is of Coyote benefiting the human community by organizing the theft of fire, or of the sun, from the supernatural beings who have been keeping it for themselves; in these myths he is portrayed as a benefactor of the people." Many myths have common themes across cultures, and the stealing of fire has a place in native american folklore as well.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Felinoid posted:

No, it was actually the story of Coyote. "A common theme is of Coyote benefiting the human community by organizing the theft of fire, or of the sun, from the supernatural beings who have been keeping it for themselves; in these myths he is portrayed as a benefactor of the people." Many myths have common themes across cultures, and the stealing of fire has a place in native american folklore as well.
Honestly, so many cultures all over the world has a myth of a hero/trickster/warrior stealing the secret of fire from the gods that I can only imagine a bunch of people tripping over themselves as they all try to filch it at the same time.

Sylphosaurus fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Sep 10, 2023

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Yeah there's a shocking amount of crossover in various mythologies, to the point you can get some fun conspiracy theories about it. But in the end, "hey this would make a cool story" is just an idea many different people can have.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

There's a lot of stories that come regularly and scientists studying them have outright indexed and numbered them so you get something like "EL-399-D, woman turns into birds for no real reason" and so on.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

There is a system that indexes fairy tales similarly as well. I remember it coming up when I did research for something I wrote last year.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

It's probably the exact same one, myths and folktales and fairy tales are more or less the same thing with varying levels of respectability.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Slaan posted:

Surely Olesh realizes we need a pic of his drink making companion pup

Nap bleps (a few months ago)

At the dog park with her best friend:

Bonus video: The best $5 spent

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
a good, nay great dog

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

We scour the Ony Express to find the mysterious New Skele Army, listen to Val anguish over his non relationship with the other Val, and head to a brand new cooler full of fresh new booze!

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Maybe if we can find more things to plant in our new garden, we can start bringing cooked food with us into the coolers, wouldn't that be nice.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Multiple good dogs in this video, voting 5

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

So I'm guessing you did Taekwondo?

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Samovar posted:

So I'm guessing you did Taekwondo?

Indeed

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Fun fact, CAN is an actual network standard for industrial uses.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

I take a break to have a drink with the Accursed Courier, I promise to help Val out again, and then get distracted in real life and forget to resume recording after an interruption. Oops!

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 15, 2023

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Chainsaw leg game is Turbo Overkill and is apparently quite good.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Back to the regular flavored coolers and we delve a little deeper into Junk Dogs Territory. I make a thematically appropriate drink. And I get a little bored down ther in the dorms and make a new friend.

He's a brick.

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 26, 2023

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I also had vague memories of that liquid bread song, which I am pretty sure is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzcEG_JoVuo

Seems to have been misattributed to everyone, Napster style. That's also the only time I've ever heard it called that.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I kind of want to see a brick-only run now.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Shei-kun posted:

I kind of want to see a brick-only run now.

Because you can't bring them between floors, it's almost certainly not possible at least as far as the boss fights go - if I recall correctly none of the boss arenas have any in the arenas. For the regular levels, it would mainly depend on whether or not you could find one on the floor before getting overwhelmed/killed.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Ah, the Father Jack strategy.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Olesh posted:

Because you can't bring them between floors, it's almost certainly not possible at least as far as the boss fights go - if I recall correctly none of the boss arenas have any in the arenas. For the regular levels, it would mainly depend on whether or not you could find one on the floor before getting overwhelmed/killed.
Well, that's unfortunate, but also makes sense. I suppose the next-best thing is "Once you find a brick it's Brick Time." Which we sort of had already, so that challenge run's been done.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Isn't there also that making GBS threads brick trait that makes every enemy let a brick fly when they die? Dangerous sure, but seems like the other next best thing.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

That's not going to solve the issue of boss arenas though, since they're not big on adds to a bossfight by the looks of it.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Is it just me or did the audio for this video disappear?

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Koorisch posted:

Is it just me or did the audio for this video disappear?

It's just you.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Olesh posted:

Because you can't bring them between floors...

So... this isn't true.

I recorded an interesting next run...

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Jade Star posted:

So... this isn't true.

I recorded an interesting next run...
Well, I'm super excited now.

I can't wait!

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Been quietly following this LP on youtube. I'd like to say that I've enjoyed it so far, and I've downloaded my copy to try it out at some point. I think I got it in a humble bundle some years back.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

The booze aligns to ensure I go with a silly brick based run this time. I discover I have programmed Olesh to expect dicks everywhere. I definitely didn't gently caress up recording the drink build portion of the video and live stream it on twitch instead of recording it to my hard drive. And we get to the bottom of the Junk Dogs' cooler. Good times.

And I think Olesh asked me to post this in his defense for his unusual dick perception;

So you can be the judge of dick island.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Jade Star posted:

The booze aligns to ensure I go with a silly brick based run this time. I discover I have programmed Olesh to expect dicks everywhere. I definitely didn't gently caress up recording the drink build portion of the video and live stream it on twitch instead of recording it to my hard drive. And we get to the bottom of the Junk Dogs' cooler. Good times.
Yeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss
Brick run and I get mentioned due to the Long Island Ice Tea.

Jade Star posted:

So you can be the judge of dick island.
It looks like a T to me. I have to force myself to see a penis, and I have terminal internet brain.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Yeah, there ain't enough testicle-ness for me to automatically go to 'that's a dick'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

That screams IUD to me, not dick