Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
I can see it easily, but still nah. That being said, Olesh's point is more about what he expects Jade to be attempting, which is entirely fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Yeah, I'm with Olesh. It doesn't really look like one, but given who posted it and where its juuuust close enough that it was reasonable to conclude that it was.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:

Slaan posted:

That screams IUD to me, not dick

This. I was trying to figure out what it reminded me of, and it's definitely an i.u.d.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Why would you ruin a perfectly good Iced Tea with alcohol!??!?

You monster! ;)

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Got inspired to try drawing Preston Einstein

(no background version)

E: Forgot the scarf.

(no background verision)

Mikedawson fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 18, 2023

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I love friend brick and the attention to detail with regards to the groin guard.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

After getting the turbo-baud modem we technically have everything we need to find CA-5, where the New Skeleton Army is having a bit of a problem. But what's the rush? There's booze and broads in CA-4! So we're going to take some time to get to know The Beez.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I was half asleep and on my phone when I popped open the new video so for a minute I just figured all the art included in the video was just some really weird holiday-themed magazine ads from the late 90s.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I think this is the first time I have ever heard a multi-kill announcer in this game, I didn't even know it had that.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

I intend to go deeper into the cooler this time, breaking my 3 floor a video routine, but things didn't work as I had hoped so we stop for some booze on the sixth floor like usual. A new person sets up shop at the Ony Express. And I discuss the merits of rootbeer, even in a booze soaked wasteland.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Jade Star posted:

I intend to go deeper into the cooler this time, breaking my 3 floor a video routine, but things didn't work as I had hoped so we stop for some booze on the sixth floor like usual. A new person sets up shop at the Ony Express. And I discuss the merits of rootbeer, even in a booze soaked wasteland.

I had never heard of Birch beer, but I doubt that I could get it (here in sunny Sweden). Shame, it sounds quite nice.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Samovar posted:

I had never heard of Birch beer, but I doubt that I could get it (here in sunny Sweden). Shame, it sounds quite nice.

Turns out you can.
https://www.systembolaget.se/produkt/ol/northern-3738403/

Only one readily available but there has apparently been various microbreweries doing it in the past.
https://gammelbacka.se/vara_ol/bjorka/

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jade Star posted:

Birch Beer is sharper than Root Beer, but I really wouldn't call it spicy

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Yeesh, that is one expensive backpack. As if this game didn't have enough reasons to not let your character die.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Wouldn't be a Jade Star LP without talking about root beer.

I've had birch beer before from a local company that makes bottled soda. If you ever find yourself in Rhode Island, you might want to pick up a Yacht Club soda.

I also played a session of the game the other day. As someone who's played a lot of 3D Fallout, I like it quite a bit! The LP definitely helped out a lot information-wise.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Hey friends, i didn't freeze to death over the cold holidays. Let's get back into a cooler, try to bulk up as much as possible, do some performance enhancing drugs, and then fail to commit to the gimmick but still manage.

Special thanks to Bootcha for the drink this time around.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I was not expecting to see a Nuclear Throne reference in this game, it doesn't even have the same publisher as Nuclear Throne!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Yeah, for a game that is chock full of silly references and the like, that one was a bit off the wall.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
I was just wondering where Jade Star hat gotten to, and lo and behold, he posted an update.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

racerabbit posted:

I was just wondering where Jade Star hat gotten to, and lo and behold, he posted an update.

The answer to this question is always at the bottom of a bottle (of root beer).

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

We're all in on this one, so make a drink, or three like i did and join us for the finale. Secrets will be uncovered, plans will come to fruition or ruination based on my choices, mysteries will be uncovered and will anyone notice the terrible terrible secret in this video...?

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Jade Star posted:

We're all in on this one, so make a drink, or three like i did and join us for the finale. Secrets will be uncovered, plans will come to fruition or ruination based on my choices, mysteries will be uncovered and will anyone notice the terrible terrible secret in this video...?

Only if the secret is that the video is still processing.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
My wife loves apple juice, so now I know what I'm making her for Valentine's Day tomorrow. Good timing

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I was NOT expecting Everdraed to be involved in this. What the hell!

Still, thanks for the LP, dudes. Cheers!

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Feel like I should have made a prize or something. Like first person to screenshot the terrible secret of what i did gets a space marine named after them.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Well, that ending was not quite what I expected, although it certainly fit the mood of the game.

Thank you so much for LPing this game for us! I actually went and picked it up because of the LP and can't wait to play it.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

No! We were so close to getting the Mulligan! It was even more powerful than prophesied!

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Y'know, there weren't as many weapons as I thought there would be. You pretty much used that rifle the entire game and there really wasn't any better choice.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

That definitely felt like a post-apocalyptic story ending. At least for the player character. The second one was just kind of rubbing it in a little.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

That definitely felt like a post-apocalyptic story ending. At least for the player character. The second one was just kind of rubbing it in a little.

I mean, did you really see that part ending any other way?

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I have honestly never taken the Hangover Cure ending and don't know what it's like. I guess I could load up and film that and Sid 'Eugenics Thunderdome' Johns' endings.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I'm slightly curious if going in the specific freezer tank like you were told to has any effect on the ending TBH.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I'm slightly curious if going in the specific freezer tank like you were told to has any effect on the ending TBH.

I've done this almost every other time. Pretty sure it doesn't influence anything.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

So I googled if you could escape with the mulligan and found something interesting.

apparently, if you keep playing it goes into reclamation for 0 tp

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Oh the Mulligan also opens up New Game + if you load the save with it and hit the computer at the house. And it functions as a music player you can wear into coolers.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Thanks for the LP!

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I'm surprised this game isn't better known. Dead on Fallout 3 parody, to the point where I've misremembered it being a mod of it several times. A lot more lore and story than I'd expect from the premise. I'd love a sequel that fleshes out all the mechanics introduced here.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Y'know if people like the idea of this game but find some of the mechanics frustrating or off-putting, maybe there are some other games that would better fit the bill. One example I can think of is "Void Bastards", a game with a similar idea but it doesn't punish you as much when you die.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Tombot posted:

Y'know if people like the idea of this game but find some of the mechanics frustrating or off-putting, maybe there are some other games that would better fit the bill. One example I can think of is "Void Bastards", a game with a similar idea but it doesn't punish you as much when you die.

Hell, I thought this was made by the same developers earlier in the thread.

On that note, there is a spiritual sequel to Void Bastards coming out; Wild Bastards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1766101118105338271

Maybe not a happy note to go out on, but it looks like Warner Bros is deleting its entire steam catalog in 60 days as part of Zaslav's ongoing quest to rip all the copper out of the walls before he flips the husk and pulls his parachute. This does include Wasted, so, you've got two months to get a non-:filez: copy if this LP made it look interesting.