Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selecta84
Jan 29, 2015

I'm a 4th degree black belt and I'm doing Judo for 31 years now.

I absolutley love it and I'm a coach for 12 years now.

We still learn every technique and during randori we let everyone try everything.

I focus more on the technical side of the sport and enjoy it quite a lot as a full body workout. Also Kata is a lot of fun, if you are into studying and internalizing all the principles of Judo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

https://youtu.be/0xK6Tjfsr2Y

This was 16 years ago. What has time done?

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
Serious semi-related question: Does anybody else think of "Blow Job Junction" when they read BJJ?

BIG DICK DADDY
Sep 13, 2007

Heidely-ho, neighbor!
I see that you know your judo well

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Selecta84 posted:

I'm a 4th degree black belt and I'm doing Judo for 31 years now.

I absolutley love it and I'm a coach for 12 years now.

We still learn every technique and during randori we let everyone try everything.

I focus more on the technical side of the sport and enjoy it quite a lot as a full body workout. Also Kata is a lot of fun, if you are into studying and internalizing all the principles of Judo.

woah sounds cool, what about gun kata???

:blastu::blastback::cool:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I would say maybe 1 in 6 groups with access to a rubber gun has had that moment where they thought "Ha ha ha, John Wick, I wonder how that'd work?".

Followed by maybe an entire light session of just "I'm not saying it's a good idea, but we could do most of this".

Selecta84
Jan 29, 2015

Booty Pageant posted:

woah sounds cool, what about gun kata???

:blastu::blastback::cool:

Nah, too hard getting guns here in Germany

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Slam Pajamas posted:

Serious semi-related question: Does anybody else think of "Blow Job Junction" when they read BJJ?

I will now

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Good morning Judokas

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

YUKO

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Good morning Judokas

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Quiet day in the dojo eh

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Ted judo lasso is a bad bad show

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
An ex-neighbor posted a screen cap of Facebook recommending Jiu-Jitsu over 40 groups and he was only 37!!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

that’s clever, bet he can crush those geezers

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i have an idea for a TV show

during the day its about a mild mannered 37 year old who works in insurance but on the weekends he travels to various 40+ masters judo competitions and enters under falls pretenses and demolishes the competition until one day he meets his match. Another 37 year old. They flip each other over a bunch of times with no one having the upper hand. this goes on for hours until eventually they kiss right there on the matt. soon after they leave their wives and now travel together to different 40+ masters judo competitions and tag team the competition.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
He injured his wife sparring with her, so she obviously can't keep up with his passion for the sport, lmao

This has legs baby

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Delete my ChatGPT history when I die

quote:

INT. INSURANCE OFFICE - DAY

STEVEN (37, every bit the suburban dad) explains policy coverage to MRS. HENDERSON on his headset. The mundane scene is interrupted by a loud DING. Steven glances at his computer, smiles. An email confirmation for his next judo competition.

---

INT. JUDO COMPETITION - NIGHT

A pulsating EDM beat fills the air as Steven, now transformed into a judo warrior, enters the psychedelic-lit arena. The crowd is a sea of balding heads and bifocals. He's the youngest by a decade.

---

INT. JUDO MAT - NIGHT

Steven’s first match, a hulking 45-year-old man, rushes him. Time slows. Steven sidesteps, guides him to the floor with a graceful flip. The crowd gasps. Steven gives a cheesy bow.

---

INT. JUDO MAT - NIGHT

A 50-year-old competitor steps up. Steven lets him attack, then uses his momentum to send him sprawling. The crowd's laughter mixes with the throbbing music. Steven blows a kiss to the fallen competitor.

---

INT. JUDO MAT - NIGHT

Steven's final match: a grizzled 55-year-old champion. Steven dances around him, flipping him repeatedly like a pancake. The old champion's defeat is so embarrassing, it’s poetic. Steven bows deeply, the arena roaring.

---

INT. JUDO MAT - NIGHT

Amidst the cacophony, DAVID (37, as suburban as Steven) stands out. He's been studying Steven, a glimmer of challenge in his eyes.

---

INT. JUDO MAT - NIGHT

Their match is a brutal ballet of power and skill. Hours pass like minutes. Suddenly, they stop. Their heavy breathing fills the silent gym. They kiss. It's abrupt, surreal, and the crowd goes eerily quiet.

---

INT. INSURANCE OFFICE - DAY

Steven packs up his family photos into a box. The life he knew is over. He walks away from his desk, leaving the fluorescent hum of the office behind. He meets David at the door, their new life awaiting. Together, they'll keep flipping the script.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

numberoneposter posted:

i have an idea for a TV show

during the day its about a mild mannered 37 year old who works in insurance but on the weekends he travels to various 40+ masters judo competitions and enters under falls pretenses and demolishes the competition until one day he meets his match. Another 37 year old. They flip each other over a bunch of times with no one having the upper hand. this goes on for hours until eventually they kiss right there on the matt. soon after they leave their wives and now travel together to different 40+ masters judo competitions and tag team the competition.

My idea is old retired martial artists tell stories about making Steven Seagal poo poo his pants.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

KOKA

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

doing a perfect osotogari to Jeffrey's computer

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

☝️☝️☝️

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Siiiiiick!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

☝️☝️☝️

Big deal, I can do that :rolleyes:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

under current rules that's a tournament DQ for blue.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

yep, no bald headed FREAKS allowed to compete

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Bad Purchase posted:

yep, no bald headed FREAKS allowed to compete

I hate freaks and also weirdos

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Smugworth posted:

I hate freaks and also weirdos

He has the heart of a warrior. I will train him.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Good afternoon Judokas

Shania Twain
Aug 25, 2008
A little late here but Riner and Tasoev both being world champs is a stupid decision by the IJF

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Happy Father's Day Judokas. I guess you could say I'm the father of the Official GBS Judo Megathread

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z02xRfkQoVk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icEZE--mroQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-9c1CdJt28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEfwKgsFOmU

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
Smugworth clearly started this thread to learn a martial art and defeat the lunks that infest the Planet Fitness megathread.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dial A For Awesome posted:

Smugworth clearly started this thread to learn a martial art and defeat the lunks that infest the Planet Fitness megathread.

:haibrower:

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

"Hajime!" the referee calls, and I circle my opponent warily. Beige, lacking in RAM, and leaking strange fluids ... this is Jeffrey's computer, alright. And I'm going to kick its rear end.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

TOKETA

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I have two questions.

First, what judo moves would work during a sex?

Second, how does judo compare to the true emperor of martial arts, ninjitsu?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

syntaxfunction posted:

First, what judo moves would work during a sex?

Judo guys don’t need to worry about having sex

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Donkey chop ehehehehehehhrhehe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

so if an SH/SC member comes at me for posting too many times in a thread, what are some simple judo techniques i can use to subdue them and defend myself?