Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
This game is pretty great, feels kind of like nuclear throne on an acid trip.

Managed to complete a run on rogue on my second try, on the back of an insect leg melee weapon backed up by a bunch of different melee enhancing chilis and something that made it shoot lasers. Intense difficulty seems like quite a step up though, everything does so much damage.

Really looking forward to jump back in later tonight, feels like I've barely scratched the surface

Turin Turambar posted:

About the game itself, I would like to know what is the point of the weapon, powerups and boss essences you get. It seems they contribute to unlock... something. But do I have to wait until ALL is collected?

I don't think you need all of them, just a subset. You'll figure out what it's towards after you beat a run.

Edit: The starting weapon for the cloud guy is hilarious.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jun 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Ok, if you want a free win, just grab and upgrade every beacon powerup you see, then fight bosses next to one.

Also, if you knock a boss into phase 2 next to a beacon, it seems to break it, and leave an anti-void themed item behind.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Very fun last fight, every bit as chaotic as the rest, just a shame it's locked behind that long grind. Don't bring summons unless you also have the "Health pots also heals summons" powerup, they will get destroyed
Also, it unlocked a NG+ mode, but it doesn't say anything about what it actually does? Just "Greater challenges".

Anyway, really fun game, though it feels a bit... short on content? It really isn't though, with the sheer amount of weapons and powerups, but having only 3 zones, and 4 bosses per zone, some of which you often fight at the same time, makes things get a bit repetitive after a while.
Honestly, I feel the game might be a victim of its own quality, so to say. Everything is so well animated and has its own sound design/music theme, and it feels that might have affected just how much they could stretch the content.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
The snord gives you a kiss as an idle animation