Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Huge fan of Nuclear Throne so bought this on Steam a while back but wanted to wait a while before playing due to early access. Looks amazing though and I love the little videos the devs share of new weapons they've made and other stuff. Looks like a really polished version of NT but I'm not sure if it gets as crazy with bullet hell and looping? The one issue with NT for me is the slow start of each run to really get going but once you do it's incredibly fun, I'm hoping Voidigo lets players get into the groove much faster. The bosses look very impressive as well.

Along these same lines, I saw this the other day which is also in the same style and looks really fun. Exciting to see people taking that NT formula and refining/polishing it so much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_rYd4Icm9E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

parthenocarpy posted:

They spent waaaayyy too much time on animations for the level of content. If you sit and watch the idle animations for The One, you'll be astounded. It is a sword, holding a smaller sword, holding an even smaller sword. The large sword and the medium sword HATE each other. The medium sized sword will swing the smaller sword at the large one, and they bark back and forth at each other. Now, keep in mind, this is one of 170 weapons, with several idle animations, in a game where you are constantly moving. Yikes!

Gotta admire the dedication :) How's enemy variety in comparison? More importantly, does the amount of enemies increase at a decent rate and does it reach the levels of Nuclear Throne where you'll be on loops with levels literally filled with enemies alongside those police enemies that teleport in?

I love NT but my one issue is how slow it starts and the repeated slog of getting to the point where there's a decent amount of action. Once it starts to snowball however it is fantastic and it's the one thing I hope Voidigo replicates since it seems similar but just with a much higher quality and polish, so I hope things get as batshit crazy as NT and they add fun little secrets to spice things up once the core is fully finished.

Hoping they bring it to consoles when all is said and done as well. I grab stuff on Steam but given the option I'd happily buy twice just to have on my Xbox, even if these games are a lot more difficult on controller compared to keyboard & mouse. I think the Hotline Miami games are the only ones I completely noped-out of buying on console after plugging a controller in to try on PC :stare: