Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
Get a backup for the General, send our current General to investigate, buy fabrics, and invite Ada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

Volmarias posted:

Is it possible to marry the princess to the barbarian hordes and fulfill your oath?

No.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
I think you posted the wrong image for the weekly summary, it's still showing as Week 4 instead of Week 5.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

Flesnolk posted:

So we get nether Talys' troops NOR a new general? What was the point then? Seems like in choosing a general we just completely screwed ourselves and the entire thing is ruined

We still get his troops. Note that we have more than 3000 soldiers in the weekly summary, now. The request for a general was in addition to them.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
Accept the gold -- every little bit counts.

Send the man off -- his problems will not be solved this way.

Give supplies -- simple solution.

Arrest the man and call Ada -- we must reward loyalty.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
<sigh of relief>

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
Send Stan north.

Give her the medicine -- if we hold onto it for too long, it will likely go bad before it can help anyone, if it can help anyone.

Middle ground -- we should not go into debt, but given the expense we have already endured to decorate this wedding, dressing the bride so humbly is inconsistent.

Imprison Pietro at the earliest opportunity. He has passed from harmless folly to potential treason.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
The most important thing is to obtain enough evidence to ensure that His Grace can demonstrate he had no involvement in the tragic death of the visiting monarch; therefore, give Stan the letter.

As for the petitioner, we obviously can't send Stan to assist him. I would normally be inclined to offer him some compensation, but since we are presently paying off a loan that I advised against taking, I suspect that we will to save every coin for our own purposes. Therefore, send him on his way.

Finally, as Lady Lena has the largest assembly of troops at her disposal, as well as offering both gold and supplies, I would suggest that we invite her to at least hear out what she will ask for in exchange.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

Bregor posted:

Yet another village ravaged by the hordes. Each one is a tragedy, and yet they are so frequent as to become a statistic. First and foremost, our people need support. Give the villagers the supplies they require while we work on a permanent solution.

Speaking of, our best chance at long-term relief from the Radovian barbarians is some veteran leadership within our units. Fund the training grounds to help grow our army, and hopefully find some officers among the lot.

Lord Pietro's condition is as troubling as it is annoying. Repeatedly sending him away has not provided him (or Audry) any relief, so perhaps keeping him safe in our dungeon is the best course of action. After all, what do they say about the definition of insanity?

<nods in agreement with each point made and prepares to praise Bregor for their wisdom>

Bregor posted:

Lastly, invite Lord Etton back to Grevno, and get the full story about this illicit substance that drives the common folk to their doom. Perhaps it is truly dangerous, or perhaps Lord Lurs is motivated by misplaced virtue, a desire for over-incarceration, or simply wants to eliminate an economic rival. (Regardless, maybe His Grace could request some Dipu Dabu for his loyal council members to sample... you know... for scientific purposes and so forth...)

<closes mouth, lets out annoyed sigh>

Give the villagers supplies, fund the training grounds, imprison Lord Pietro, and invite Lady Lena.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

SimplyUnknown1 posted:

I mean, if he had more than 4 soldiers, maybe Lord Pietro would have felt safer?

It seems more likely that in that situation, instead of being worried about those four being out to get him, he'd have been worried about the larger number who were out to get him.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

wedgekree posted:

Oof, the loan for the dress was an even worse idea now.

Golly, if only someone had said that it was a bad idea to go into debt to pay for a wedding dress. Oh wait, I did. I suppose I should say, "Golly, if only people had listened to me when I said it was a bad idea to go into debt to pay for a wedding dress." But that's a very long sentence, and I suspect my fellow counsellors might fall asleep before I finish saying it.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
It's an engagement, not a wedding. It is simply an agreement that something might happen in the future. If we all die because we don't have enough gold, supplies, or soldiers, all of which are on offer, then there won't be a future. Regardless, His Grace has not solicited our opinions on this subject, so perhaps those who are offering theirs should keep their peace, the better to keep their heads.

Send the General to investigate the village.

No improvements until we are clear of the debt.

(pause) (deep sigh) Invite Lord Etton to discuss what Lord Lurs told us. I speak only for myself in that I have no interest in partaking in whatever follies will come from his ... trade, but we need money.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
Invite Sir Frederick so that we can see what ridiculous condition he wants for his services.

The forthcoming loss of public confidence that will come from this is on the shoulders of all of you who voted for that ludicrous dress; nevertheless, laugh them out of court. We could not afford this if we wanted to.

Give them 12 gold; we cannot afford to alienate more of the people than we already have this week.

As to the dust, I have made my feelings on this matter clear and will therefore abstain from any further discussion of it.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

Slaan posted:

This beggar dares to enter our King's throne room? Imprison the drunk bastard, or at least kick him out post haste.

Bregor posted:

It's as the old saying goes, buy a man a fishing rod... and he will trade it for a bottle. Wait, that doesn't sound right. In any event, it is not His Grace's duty to provide for the town drunk. Send the commoner on his way.

Black Robe posted:

And let us once again kick the drunk beggar out. If he ever shows up sober, perhaps we may be more sympathetic.

jkq posted:

Kick the beggar out again, and I suppose we'll see what story he comes up with next time. Maybe he's related to Noaksey?

... you are all fools.

<resigns from council immediately>

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
Okay, breaking my silence to let you know that there's a way to deal with the supplies issue. Once you get the army over 1000 soldiers, ideally quite a bit over it, stop paying them. This frees up the supplies going to the army at the cost of causing a small amount of attrition each week, but as long as you're over 1000 soldiers, you're okay.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

yet the game still forces you to invite someone even if it is just to kick them out the door as soon as they arrive.

No it doesn't. If you end the week without inviting one, the game will remind you, once, that you haven't done so, but if you then choose to end your turn without doing so, the game moves on.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

FoolyCharged posted:

Well, each of these kings is offering nothing but their army, and assuming the resource gains from alliances the first time match, we should probably put off forming any until the last second.

Also, king #3 is a major creep, and it looks like we can placate both of the others by peacefully removing the surviving radovians by providing them aid.

Um, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
Be advised that they released this demo without making it mouse compliant.