Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

PurpleXVI posted:

Upgrade: Fix Market Stall. The sooner we get an investment happening, the faster it'll pay off.

Build the Inn. Investments are important. Also we can take Dusty there and many people can pet him.

Fix Pantry Roof. A constant drain on our resources is going to hurt us in the long run.

Also Pardon peasant. While he's in lockup we haev to A) Feed him and B) Guard him. A pardoned petty criminal will tell others about our benevolence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Yay! Had a fun time reading this.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

PurpleXVI posted:

Imprison the raider, maybe we can find a use for him later.

Ban the princess from the market.

Send Stan to find the peasant's child, the money wasn't guaranteed to work there.

Pay the ransom for Lord Etton's child, we know the money will solve the problem.

Leave the theater alone for now.

Agree

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Yeah, might as well build the theatre then.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

Why do I get the feeling that in getting help from the king to stop the barbarians, the cost is going to be our daughter's hand in marriage?

Unfortunate that we can't really do anything with the gold we have on hand - Take the loan

Let the daughter play in the council room

We have the supplies to spare for now, give five and seven to the people asking

invest in the tavern

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
The loan gives us a decent buffer for the next couple weeks and hopefully the investment in things like the tavern/theatre will give us some long term infrastructure - and keeping the peasants happy.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
I'm sorry for thier loss. And RL takes precedence over the Internet.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
RL takes precedence and so sorry again. Take all the time you need.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
In medieval times it was pretty much universal that children would be married for the benefit of the kingdom - to forge alliances, inheritances, etc.

For those of you that play CK you know how this works.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Looking forwards to the next bit!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

SimplyUnknown1 posted:

Okay, several things to talk about this week.

Clearing the camps should be our highest priority, and I believe we should clear Post West first, as it is closest to one of our roads. If any guests coming for the wedding arrive by that road, they would potentially be in great danger.

As we invested the crown's funds in this inn, we deserve some payment. However, we should also not allow ourselves to be duped. 1 gold is far too little repayment. Push for three gold.

Providing 5 goods makes the most sense for the missing cattle scenario, as giving out money would only be used to purchase replacement goods. Might as well cut out the middleman while we have supplies to spare.

As we have the money now, I see no reason not to hire a band this week. After all, it might take time to locate skilled musicians to play during the wedding.

While it is your family and I question why you are asking us to handle your domestic issues, I see no reason not to allow Princess Asalia to learn swordsplay. In these dangerous times, she should learn how to defend herself. Allow her to train.

Agree

Also, want to Fix market stalls.

That's two gold, will hopefully bring us more money.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
So guess at this point also we wanna try and start getting a buffer on stuff! We may not have the time to build up a reserve for later. I'm sure that things will get worse!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Vote for Pigeon to Ada

She seems cool! (I can't recall, did we already meet her or not?) I mean an ally is an ally.

Send Stan to the village.

Buy Medicine unless it costs more than we can finish wedding.

If not, then Finish wedding.

If can do both, also buy medicine.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Think we're reasonably solid for the moment. Paid for all hte wedding things, fair amount of gold/supplies on hand. We can probably work more on (for the moment) building up a reserve as I'm sure that we'll need it soon enough.

I'm sure that it will all go south as of next update, but still!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Refuse the gold. One gold a week in the great scheme of things isn't enough, and wiht all of the raids giong on it's more important to keep the peasants happy.

Imprison the merchant and send for Ada.

Give the village supplies

don't give the drunk Gold.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Voting for West for Stan.

Get the Old dress. It doesn't cost anything, we have everything for the wedding already - the bride doesn't need anything else to look fancy. Why buy an expenise dress that will only be used once? Any fashion will be forgotten within a week. All visitors will care about is the event - so long as we leave a good impression with them, then that's all that matters. Plus the princess is not looking forwards to the wedding, so it's no real huge deal with her base don how it goes. this is a political wedding. We've gotten the event fully setup. No need to put more effort into it when the event is finished and we hve nothing else to gain as far as impressing visitors, etc. Any short term benefit is of little consequence. So, old dress.

Give medicine. Why not?

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Yeah, figured the dress was coming. So now we have a loan to pay off too!

Given what happens with the wedding, you aren't obligated to have to get anything for it and can save all the money. Tha'ts purely metagaming mind

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
I'm generally in fair of helping our peasants as much as possible. We need their support.

But now that we have to pay a loan for a dress which we couldn't use, we don't have seven gold to spare.

We could have gone wiht the old dress instead of the one our daughter didn't want, but noooo.

For now, send Stan to investigate the letter

Talk to Lurs

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Four soldiers is better than none?

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Oof, the loan for the dress was an even worse idea now. And we're stuck unitl we pay it off. That's a lot of gold that -could- have been available for other things.

Can we sell the dress?

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

TheDavies posted:

Golly, if only someone had said that it was a bad idea to go into debt to pay for a wedding dress. Oh wait, I did. I suppose I should say, "Golly, if only people had listened to me when I said it was a bad idea to go into debt to pay for a wedding dress." But that's a very long sentence, and I suspect my fellow counsellors might fall asleep before I finish saying it.

Hey, I argued for the 'just give her mom's old one, she can't stand the wedding and wants it over, no one will notice'!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Also remember we may -get- better offers for the daughter in question. There's no need to commit to the first one that comes up. If she's going to be a purely political pawn, hold out for better offers.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
What did Lurs say we would get in return for the dust?

Not voting for now

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Veloxyll posted:

Dust. He'll find lots of dust IN THE DUNGEON

25 gold for no return sounds like a joke. Laugh them out of the court or offer them a position under the court jester

Invite Sir Frederik. Even if he's past his prime, perhaps he can teach our soldiers something

Our enemies send scouts and ne'er do wells through the forest. The support of people who live in the forest is vital. Send them gold to save their tree

Save the trees! Murder the knights!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Having watched a playthrough of the game I'm no longer allowed to vote or give commentary on things as I've seen how things can p ossibly go so it's not fair for me to chip in on things given I know results.