Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Following for cat petting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Bless the wedding, it's not our duty to pay for parties

Build the inn, we can tax it later

Leave the dude locked up, he's only going to do something dumb and end up right back in there anyway

Fix the pantry and the market stall,
we need resources.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Ban the princess from visiting the market. (I think people missed that choice earlier in the post.) She needs to learn to stay put while things are so unsettled.

Put the prisoner in the dungeons for now. Let's keep our options open. Depending on how cooperative he is, we can either execute him or let him go later.

Give the peasant some money to find his child. The royal kids are immensely annoying but I'm sure we'd be devastated if any of them were missing.

Send the general to help his lordship. He has a plan, let's hope it's a good one.

Leave the theatre for now, we'll deal with it when there isn't a crisis going on or when we've got enough spare cash that it doesn't matter.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Wait, the gold was supposed to be compensation?

I thought it was to help him hire people to find the kid, not us just being an asshat.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Sure, fix the theatre.

His Majesty really needs to work on his communication skills. We can't give proper advice if we don't have all the information.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Well, if we are quite certain that His Majesty hasn't left out any important details this time...? Jolly good.

Let us send supplies to both the villages in need.

Send gold to the man wishing to build a tavern, I have a feeling we're all going to need plenty to drink.

Take the gold loan, I'm sure nothing bad can come of this (and it won't be my kneecaps getting broken when it does....)

Tell the child to play outside. 'Touching grass', I believe the youth call it.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

TheDavies posted:

Get a backup for the General, send our current General to investigate, buy fabrics, and invite Ada.

Agreed on all counts.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

jkq posted:

Allow Asalia to train, she seemed interested in it, the King can spend some time with her in the future, and she can defend herself if she continues to sneak out of the castle. Win-win!

Send Stan east, how did they even get around the castle to begin with? We don't want them to attack us from the back when we engage the other two camps. (Vaguely recalling that they came from the mountains to the west?)

Demand 3 gold, he shouldn't have bragged about how important it is. Plus, we probably paid for the majority of the costs earlier.

Give 5 supplies, it's not like they can eat the gold, they'd have to go buy food anyways. We have a lot of things requiring gold right now (the loan, the wedding) and not as much for supplies.

Hire the band so that they can start practicing.

Agreed on all points.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

jkq posted:

Do not buy the flowers yet, we should wait until the last minute, or they'll wilt and we'll look like idiots. This also gives us a chance to save up some money in the treasury.

Send Stan to the west post, the village has already been raided, so let's try and prevent more problems by going after the posts. The west one looks like it's closer to the road, so we should check that one first.

And kick the snake oil salesman out without buying his fake medicine. Talys will find ways to hate us even more when it inevitably doesn't work.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Most of these matters seem fairly obvious, really.

Accept the gold, kick out the drunk, give supplies to the village, lock up the conman and tell Ada we have him.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

...I suppose there is a poetry in taking gold from the tavern and giving it to a drunk who will then spend it in the tavern. It's recycling, in a sense.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Let us send the good General to the north. Better safe than sorry.

Whilst I am (thankfully) not married myself, I was under the impression that the bride usually chooses her own dress...? Or at least tries them on beforehand to pick one that fits?

I suppose we wish to look prosperous, but going into debt to fund a wedding seems foolish. The 'middle ground one' looks fine to me, although I am hardly an expert.

I still do not trust that snake oil salesman, and since we are seeking a witch, we should hold on to the medicine and let her examine it. But it sounds like time is of the essence for this fellow; gold won't do him any good and we may not be able to find a healer in time, so let him test the medicine and hope for a good result. It can't make him any worse, after all.

As for Lord Pietro, let us ask our new witch to examine him once we hire her. We can hardly lock up everyone who says anything negative about His Majesty... we don't have enough cells.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I don't know what you're all complaining about. As weddings go, this one was downright peaceful. No massacres. Only one casualty, and he might not even die! Oh, I could tell you stories...

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

In my defence, we did pay for some good wine.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Tell the peasant to go and look for his own son. If he'd done that instead of coming here to bother us he'd have found him by now, and we need our single agent and our gold too much.

(Why we can't just send a couple of spare people to go and search is beyond me.)

Get Stan to follow up on this letter. We need to resolve this so we can get our only ally back.

Invite Lurs, hopefully we can sort him out quickly so we can gain a second ally.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Prioritise the training grounds.

Put Pietro somewhere safe. Preferably somewhere your half-feral children can't find.

Send supplies to the latest village disaster.

Invite Lena and ask her what her price is, let's hold off on making a decision about the drug dealer for the moment.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Must I remind you that one of these children may well be your Queen and ruler one day?

I try very hard not to think about it.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Agree to the engagement, who knows what might happen between now and actually following through? We get some soldiers and we might get rid of another completely out of control princess.

Send Stan to investigate the attacked village - as others have said, maybe we can work out how to stop this happening every single week, which would free him to dig further into this Etton mess.

I suspect our financial situation is only going to get worse, but nonetheless, hold off on upgrades for now.

Contact Noaksey and see what they want in exchange for more soldiers. There's still one remaining royal daughter. And her pet.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Invite Sir Friderick, this seems simple enough and we really could use Jovan's troops.

Tell the gold diggers to get lost. I'd like a fistful of gold to buy a bigger house too but I'm not expecting anyone to hand it to me for no reason. Though one would think being a royal adviser might merit something.

I cautiously sympathise with the odd tree-huggers, but I don't really see what we can do about a stream. Give them some money to get some outside aid, since we're not paying Stan this week.

Ask the merchant to come back later and send Stan to Kaski to investigate. There seems to be a lot riding on this and we don't have all the facts yet.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Send Stan to Kaski, we need to start tying up loose ends before we lose track of all our ongoing projects.

Summon Noaksey and see what he has to say about this mythical creature, for the same reason - and either we'll get a useful knight or a useful dragonslayer out of it. Maybe a good story, too.

Tell the tavern owner to come back later. He can use some of his increased profits to hire his own guards if he's that bothered, but there's no need to upset anyone by refusing outright.

1g is a small price to pay for a day or two of peace and quiet, though what she expects it to do, I dread to think.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Oh, well done, Slaan. You upset the hedgehog who may or may not actually be some sort of voodoo demon. You've made a will, right?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I'm continuing on the tradition of saying an update won't happen for a while and then I start working on one within the next twenty-four hours. My daughter is lying on the sofa watching Taskmaster and I'm just laying some of the groundwork for the next update.

Oh, I didn't realise Ubisoft made this game.

https://fxtwitter.com/sexy_riker/status/1712758417025110324

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Good to see you haven't been eaten by a hedgehog yet, Slaan.

Siding with this Noaksey gets us some men and supplies, but siding with Sir Friderick brings in Lord Jovan as well and we get more in the end. Let us do as Sir Friderick suggests.

And let us once again kick the drunk beggar out. If he ever shows up sober, perhaps we may be more sympathetic.

As for the, uh, magical lie-detecting cock....? Well, I've seen stranger things. And we've spent money on stupider things. Haggle down to 16 gold and buy the thing, there's a small chance it actually works and if it doesn't we can always gift it to someone.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Finally, build a Stable so that we can have a Stable Economy.

I support this too. Far be it for me to stand in the way of a good pun.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I can't believe that people are denying a steed for The Stabber!

He can have one of Slaan's horses.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Aw, I hope the kiddo is okay.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

No worries, self care comes first.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Bregor posted:

Hand the prisoner over to Via Lyt. He serves no purpose snarling at us from his cage, and the gold and men would do well in our service. I will simply hope that Via Lyt is not too violent... Via Lyt... vio-lent... feh, merely a coincidence!

Send Stan to a nearby village, preferably Luba. His last expedition was well worth his trouble, and he's already back and ready for another assignment. When the stables are complete, I suggest sending Stan on many of these errands for His Grace.

A pity, but the tavern master will need to survive on his own for a bit longer. We desperately need another general.

I support these suggestions.

I'm not sure why we would have to send Stan, specifically, to the tavern. A couple of burly soldiers on guard ought to have the same effect and I'm sure we could spare one or two. Ah well.

Invite Masha, let's hope they want something quick to achieve since time is pressing.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

...Slaan, did you hire someone to assassinate THE STABBER?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Sending a witch to investigate a mysterious hut in the woods sounds completely logical to me.

The accusations against Sir Friderick are troubling, but the source is questionable, and frankly we can't afford to be anything but practical. Side with Sir Friderick, we get more men and supplies that way.

Send supplies to the attacked village.

Ask the mercenaries to return in two weeks, we can't really afford them right now.

Invite Grego, then we'll know everyone's conditions for alliance and can sort out who we can get onside in the time left to us.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Have Alena study the phial, murder is important.

Give the religious folks 18 gold for a small shrine, we only have one witch and finite gold but a bit of blessing never hurt anyone.

Do nothing about Babushka, it seems a little unwise to persecute one witch when we have another working for us.

Let Lurs keep trading with the Radovians. War never makes any drat sense anyway and life must go on.

Find out what Grego wants from us, as I suggested last week.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I've just noticed the votes to ignore the child eating hag :eyepop:

Given the description I'm skeptical that she exists. also there are too many drat children around here anyway

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Pardon Jovan. It sounds like a duel of personal honour between two gentlemen and I'm inclined to leave it at that. Doubtless his wife is better off now.

Give the painting to Grego.
Once this war is done His Majesty may purchase a copy of the painting to replace it at his leisure.

I don't recall refusing anyone the kind of aid they would need a sorcerer or a herbalist for, so tell the sorceror to go away.

Tell the writer to sod off, our general has more important things to do.

Send Stan to help repair the village, we need our gold but can still help. Mr Big Shot Writer can follow if he wants some free inspiration.

Invite Masha to get this Jonas fellow out of the dungeon and out of our hair.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Ah, chicken soup. I hear it's good for the soul.

Don't fire the cook, he had no way of knowing and it's all ended relatively well.

Send Alena to look at this fog, I suspect it will be ordinary bandits or some such but better safe than sorry.

As we have the money right now, pay for a healer to attend the idiot. We may end up needing him to testify in the future if we're really to sort out this Dust business and it won't do our reputation any harm to help him instead of leaving him to recover naturally.

...maybe some chicken soup would help?

Invite Grego and check him off the list.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Tell Torlando to sod off

Tell the merchant to sod off

Tell Grego to sod off Don't sell anything else to Grego, we have what we need from him (and he needs to find a new hobby, or a wife, or something, sheesh)

Invite Lena and see if we can make some progress there

Send Stan to... :rolldice: Tylka

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Send Alena to a random village that hasn't been scouted yet, I agree with His Majesty that Jovan would have come to us himself if he needed aid - that is the point of an alliance, after all.

Buy the supplies while we have the money.

Invite Lena and try to make some progress.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

The Drunken Pig? I didn't know they'd named a pub after Slaan :imunfunny:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Bregor posted:

Invite Lady Lena to Grevno as she seems to have the most to discuss with His Grace.

Send Alena to deal with the red horse in Oborka, it sounds like magic is afoot for a beast to be such an ungodly color. Also send Stan to Jablonka to tame the black stallion.

This sounds sensible. I'm still not convinced there's a monster behind this, though - would such a creature hire horsemen?

Slaan posted:

Now then, Black Robe. Draw your rapier, I shall scar your face in combat to punish you for your insolence!

:rolleyes: I'll try and make room in my busy schedule for that entertainment. Watch out for royal pets in the meantime. Hisser has bigger teeth than Stabber did.

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Dec 23, 2023

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Send Stan to fight the bandits

Tell the fortune teller to sod off

Send Alena to Belka

Invite Via Lyt to talk about the investigation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Send Alena to check out the gale. Or just get Slaan to stop generating quite so much wind.

I'd be happy to tell our drug peddling friend to reap what he has sown, but his daughter doesn't deserve to be caught up in this. I suppose we have to pay his debt but let us make it very clear he owes the crown.

And speak to Jovan, I suppose, since we have no use for Grego and apparently nobody else knows anything about anything.