Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Hammerite posted:

that isn't there. the youtube interface does not in fact look like that picture you posted.

Mine has the icon on desktop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Jawnycat posted:

My Youtube Home feed has turned into literally nothing but videos I have already watched beyond the first row. Sometimes going back as far as five years, but every video thumbnail has the full red bar across across the bottom. I think The Algorithm has given up on me.

I get a lot of this also and don't understand why Youtube would do it this way. What is the point of serving me a video I've already seen?

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Please for the love of god install an adblocker.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

not really thread relevant but I am very jealous of those of you that can use contacts at all. my reflexive aversion to eye touching ended in it taking 20 minutes for the eye doctor lady to put in my one and only attempt at them.

45 minutes of burning eyes at home trying to put them on the next day I ended up ripping one of them, never to try again. :rip:

Amen. My attempt at contacts ended up in just buying new glasses because my eyes didn't enjoy them at all.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noobles posted:

Also not sure if others are dealing with this or if it’s just a me thing, but after updating my phone to iOS 16.6 any time I use it it’ll seem to vibrate randomly like there’s a notification, but doesn’t actually show a notification for anything.

Either my phone is notifying me that nothing is happening, or somewhere in some random app I’ve missed like 200 notifications recently.

Do you have Pokemon Go installed? I am experiencing this too and the internet told me it was from Go

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Every associate at home depot used to (and likely still does) have the authority to change a price up to 50 bucks without manager input. This is often used for things like out of stock price matching but seems like it should have applied in your situation also. I would have adjusted it down to honor the online price.

Edit: if this no longer is the case, it's gotten shittier.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

ProperCoochie posted:

When I open a new browser, the pointer doesn't immediately engage the address bar. Even F6 doesn't do it, I have to manually click the bar. Please tell me how to fix :(

Ctrl + L works most of the time. Ironically not when typing a post.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Beastie posted:

Youtube is now shaming me for having an ad-blocker by putting a pop-up asking me to disable it. They can take their insane Shein ads are cram them.

I used my adblocker to block that popup. Felt good.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Riatsala posted:

Disney Plus: Remember when you paused half-way through an episode of the Simpsons?

Me: Sure, but that was 3 seasons ago, I don't know why you're bringing it up now -

D+: I cherish that memory. Let's start the autoplay there. Every time. Forever.

Lol I have the opposite problem. It loves to restart shows 5-10 minutes before when I paused them. This makes me spend the first few minutes remembering where and getting back to my stopping point. Awesome tech.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Denim Dude posted:

I did this using the element zapper/picker but found I couldn't scroll down the page. I'm not trying to read comments but sometimes I want to see the video description to see if they added system specs on a game performance review. It bugged the poo poo out of me so I thought I'd try to find something better. found an older reddit post from March with some filters I could try. I added them and it and it didn't work. Then I added them and closed the browser and reopened and it's been 100% normal since.

filters for ublock origin;

youtube.com##+js(set, yt.config_.openPopupConfig.supportedPopups.adBlockMessageViewModel, false)
youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.adBlocksFound, 0)
youtube.com##+js(set, ytplayer.config.args.raw_player_response.adPlacements, [])
youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.hasAllowedInstreamAd, true)

I'd be curious on some feed back to see if it works for other people.

Also I heard for mobile whatever the new fork of youtube vanced is still working but I really don't watch youtube on mobile so I didn't check.

Thanks! I noticed the same scrolling issue but a refresh of the page was fixing it so I was ignoring it. I applied these filters and will see how it goes.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Jelly posted:

I don't know if this is a new development, probably not honestly, but buying bird seed is a loving scam for novices.

All I have to say is buy it conservatively until you find out what the birds in your area will eat because if you go to places like Home Depot or Lowe's like 90% of the poo poo they sell is absolutely useless bullshit garbage that no bird will glance at. It's a legitimate scam.

Like for example this Hello Birds Wild Bird Blend specifically states it's feed for birds like sparrows and finches. That's a loving lie, they are not going to eat that poo poo.

The bag has two types of "seed" in it, one is black sunflower seeds, which they will eat if nothing else is available. But 90%+ is just milo. You can read all about it here which will straight up tell you it's filler. Why the gently caress would I want loving filler in my bird seed? You just spent almost $20 on literal trash.

Anyway, if you want a seed that sparrows and finches will go ape poo poo for, just get a straight up bag of millet

Holy poo poo I wondered why the little pieces of the seed I buy is all over the ground under my feeders. I'm going to stop buying the large bags I guess.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Mine looks the same. On iOS

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

listen, I love doing drugs,

wiring harnesses and physical modifications to the cars take a while, and there's no amount of WELL JUST DO IT that's gonna make drop-in kits for ICE->EVs, especially with the massive weight gain from the process

Not with that attitude

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

I got a Lyft from a guy who rented the car they were driving that day. I guess if you can clear the rental fee each day it can work, but it strikes me as a really bad idea.

Lyft will rent you a car to use as your Lyft vehicle.

https://www.lyft.com/expressdrive

150-180 a week, you can probably clear that easily in a busy city I guess? Not a great long term plan though.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Adaptive Cruise sucks because the rest of the drivers aren't using it and just constantly merge into the area between me and the car in front of me because my car is following at its assigned distance.

Which actually means that Adaptive Cruise owns for maintaining safe following distance and keeping your speed level with traffic and the other drivers are terrible.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

On my mazda3 you can press the gas down a little and instead of accelerating it overrides the range finder. That lets you avoid the issue where the car slams on the brakes because someone merged in.

Yes mine does the same. You still need to be aware of your surroundings while driving with adaptive cruise enabled. Also the car never slams on the brakes in my experience, its more abrupt than I would brake maybe but nothing jarring.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

Is there an app or service that sends garbage trackable data just to make ad algorithms worse?

Dunno about an app but this is for web

https://adnauseam.io/

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

My cheap noise cancelling headphones have Bluetooth for my phone and an aux port for the plane headrest. It isn't hard to find stuff that can do both.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

I want buttons back. Touch controls on plastic are garbage and not useful when you're operating by feel.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

I hate the small windows in every car today.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

I knew how to type, but what truly turned me into a fast typist was multiplayer Act III of Diablo 2

This is more true than I think we give it credit. Being able to type quickly and effectively in multiplayer games before everyone just yelled into a mic was important.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

ishikabibble posted:

Who's even arguing that? I know my typing skill 100% came from trash talking in CS.

No one was arguing, I was agreeing with the op.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

What is bad about that, Nicholas? If you're willing to buy it from Amazon why is Whole Foods worse?

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

CodfishCartographer posted:

Presumably the extra $10 delivery fee compared to free shipping, lol

Ah wow totally missed that too.

Although for another dollar-ish you get free shipping from amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

I was in kohls to return an Amazon purchase and realized their in store price scanners were covered up with a piece of paper with a qr code to I assume download their app.