Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silhouette posted:

They changed their recipes like 20 years ago, it's been poo poo ever since

HOWEVER, Dominos makes a pizza that is loving identical to 90s pizza hut, it's uncanny. Order a pan pizza with 'classic' sauce from dominos and you're a pitcher of root beer and a chintzy stained glass chandelier away from your childhood

I had a boss who worked in corporate for pizza hut at the time and their description was "the stupidest, cheapest mother fuckers who didn't know what a pizza hut was got put in charge"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nostradingus posted:

For me it was the Beatles and CCR, neither of which I want to hear on my speed metal and movie soundtrack playlists.

I could not escape the smiths. No, my EDM station does not need The Smiths. Im pretty sure my Doo Wop station does not need The Smiths. Boy can't wait to hear some classical orchestral compositions like There is a Light that Never Goes Out.

I quit Pandora when I had thumbsdowned so many versions of the same Smiths songs that it was giving me live recordings and covers of those songs.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TVGM posted:

Googlers are proposing / testing web client DRM to seemingly stop ad blockers for good (under the guise of user privacy): https://github.com/RupertBenWiser/Web-Environment-Integrity/blob/main/explainer.md

As a person responsible for things becoming shittier, I want you to know they originally planned to launch this almost 4 years ago and Ive heard no serious updates on their side so for now, I think, you're safe to consume the lovely rear end internet as it is.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Extra row of tits posted:

Let’s all take a minute to appreciate how things are now, because after the next election it’s all gonna suck for years.

Mate, the LDP winning another consecutive election is not gonna change a goddamn thing for me.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Smart tv updated to remove the ability to exit their app and use the others the tv supports. Unless you use voice commands.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fallout 1, 2, 4, New Vegas, Brotherhood of Steel, and that Mobile Game all are bad games because I never finished them.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I go to bars in Tokyo or turn on DAZN

Its the only thing I can easily watch in this country for whatever reason

Barudak
May 7, 2007

At one point McDonald's Japan had 5 different apps in active support each with a different capability.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

There are more KFCs in china than in the united states which makes sense because last time I ate KFC in china it was edible while in the US it was undercooked garbage.

They got big in China by being a "clean" restaurant you could visibly see cooking your food and maintaining quality, so its extra lol regarding their US arms problems.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The secret is i dont keep any money in a bank account in Japan, I just sleep on mattress and pillows made of yen

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Biplane posted:

How long until the ad shell game collapses entirely? Aren't all the numbers made up bullshit?

Even if ads did not work, they would still exist to stroke corporate egos and soothe their tummy feels

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I know the article goes for the Algorithm, but the "Algorithm" is corporate suite tummy-feels and attempts to avoid invoking their wrath. I've done this work before for numerous businesses, it starts with a specific site or type of site blocked and then a request to include them and after enough companies get the same tummy-feel pressure there becomes a list at an ad server level. Theres no "algorithm", just a mashed table of "no one in corporate will complain if you block this" and" will potentially scream bloody murder if you don't".

Edit: I once had to pull a list of more than 4 thousand websites for a corporate exec to trawl through so they could line by line strike out the ones they didn't like.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Nov 12, 2023

Barudak
May 7, 2007

China used to (and might still) have a company that made menthol infused period pads when you really want to feel FRESH AS gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

Does anyone still write "SEE ID" as their signature on the back of their credit card? Has anyone ever asked to see ID?

I was required by a highschool job on pain of immediate firing to always request ID if presented with a credit card that said "See ID" and Id say 99% of them bitched about it and less than half actually had it.

Which was worrying because they drove to get there

Edit: 20% of them had a different name on the credit card and on their ID like congrats on playing yourself????

Barudak fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Apr 23, 2024