Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

xpost from another thread:

Arsenic Lupin posted:

But! You need to be careful who you buy your vinegar from! Store-brand and cheap vinegars are now below the level of acidity to make them safe for canning. A new version of shrinkflation. Always buy 5% acid vinegar, and always check the bottle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

fast food joints have taken to holding out the card reader to tap now, which can be slightly embarrassing if you try to jam the card into the slot instead and they aren't holding it tightly or you miss

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

It means you have a camera in the back and a screen up front, both which break easily and are expensive to replace. The screen up front means you probably now have touch crap everywhere, and with that comes another can of worms.

Basically, a rear camera means your entire front console is expensive, fragile, and lovely.

break easily huh

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

backup cameras suck and have only prolifeated becuase of the aforementioned awful 360 sightlines on modern automobiles. they have some novel edge case uses like hooking up a trailer but they have overall made motorists lazy and paradoxically less aware, in aggregate with other "safety" functions

bullshit

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I don't use any kind of cruise control in the city, but adaptive cruise control and lane assist were pretty sweet for the hundreds and hundreds of miles of nothing between DFW and Santa Fe. Keep it at 80 and pass when it slows you down

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

another brain fried by big haiku

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Internet Old One posted:

Door to door salespeople are getting out of control and they lie constantly. I don't know how they get people to sign up for anything.

yes they're hustle culture dudebros now and they're very pushy and irritating

like dude how are you gonna insinuate that I'm a wuss for NOT getting a security system?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm pretty chuffed with the large coffee and a donut for $2 thing at 7/11

all my ads are for tax appraisal contestation because TX is a dystopian hellscape