Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Peggy Edson posted:

YT premium is actually pretty baller though

Newpipe is the same thing, minus that pesky fee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Youtube sucks, reddit sucks, twitter sucks, facebook sucks.

It's rad everything is terrible.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Vampire Panties posted:

My desktop monitor is wayyyyy loving bigger than the TV we had throughout my childhood. Its bigger than the TV I had through college, and its nearly as big as the TV I had in my 30s. :filez: are obviously easier to play natively on a PC, and SmartTvs are still very loving stupid w/r/t streaming and transcoding video files, so I just gave up :shrug:

Reaching way back to say hello to a post from...15 years ago?...wait, what!?!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ikanreed posted:

The "environmentally friendly" paper straws restaurants use are lined with so much plastic to keep them from getting soggy, I bet they actually increase the amount of plastic being dumped into the environment.

I mean I doubt it

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

You Are A Elf posted:

Lol yeah. Suckered me into a BOGO set of pads.

That's false advertising, I feel like you have a case for at least 35 million

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

And now they're dead

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

I have a Pinterest account for my work email because I like/ liked getting ideas for lessons, but after they started emailing me about EVERY possible category I showed interest in, resulting in 5+ emails a day, I went in and disabled notifications.

It stopped for a week, then they started sending them again, like I’d never asked them to stop.

The future is so stupid. I think companies just realized that what the customer thinks doesn’t matter, it’s the stockholders.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

teen witch posted:

I always felt like this was intentional with some companies. Like a weird power move, “how badly do you want this job?”

That actually make sense, your % of sniveling and/or desperate applicants that make it through probably triples

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

His Divine Shadow posted:

An old lady who used to work at the local health care center told me that D.A.T.A. meant "Dubbelt Arbete Till Alla" which translated to english doesn't work, but means roughly "double the work for everyone".

She sounds pretty ignorant, you should probably take less talking points from old ladies

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

100% expected goon response so I'll have to allow it.

*in a 90s sport jacket

GOONS AMIRITE?!?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The etc doing a lot of heavy lifting there

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

tactlessbastard posted:

We were at the in-laws for two days during the holidays and they still watch broadcast TV and the advertising is absolutely relentless.

Live sports are the only time I deal with commercials now and once you get into the habit of hitting mute every time it makes a big difference.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I love Quebec, it's beautiful as hell and you can let your trashy side run wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I do not like green ham and eggs, I could not would not on some kegs