Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i swear to god Google Maps gets a little more awkward to use every month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
also alot of new music is kind of being mastered with not much respect for the recorded dynamics as well, i guess? is that enshittification

we're kind of being cheated out of the good frequencies, they're just providing loudness. lotta bag no chips

i think the rules are thrown out tho

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

W424 posted:

New music as in 20 years ago? The loudness wars were fought in mid nineties to mid 2000

from what i understand loudness won but now we're trending quieter

so when did you become lovely?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
im guessing your building cafe is done for

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Every time I go inside a KFC (maybe 4 times in the last 10 years) I feel like I'm in a business that only serves food as a side thing. just doesn't feel like anyone involved gives a poo poo, very depressing vibe

everything is everyone's side thing

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Jelly posted:

I don't know if this is a new development, probably not honestly, but buying bird seed is a loving scam for novices.

All I have to say is buy it conservatively until you find out what the birds in your area will eat because if you go to places like Home Depot or Lowe's like 90% of the poo poo they sell is absolutely useless bullshit garbage that no bird will glance at. It's a legitimate scam.

Like for example this Hello Birds Wild Bird Blend specifically states it's feed for birds like sparrows and finches. That's a loving lie, they are not going to eat that poo poo.

The bag has two types of "seed" in it, one is black sunflower seeds, which they will eat if nothing else is available. But 90%+ is just milo. You can read all about it here which will straight up tell you it's filler. Why the gently caress would I want loving filler in my bird seed? You just spent almost $20 on literal trash.

Anyway, if you want a seed that sparrows and finches will go ape poo poo for, just get a straight up bag of millet

my gramps has this poo poo so covered. just a pro fuckin bird feed spread in a covered container on porch

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
one thing i dislike about google maps is the checkbox for disabling Highways is kind of hidden in a few menus.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i have seperate line and iphone for my toasters

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i really dont know if the reason is good or not but basically once a grocery store stops putting out baskets for shoppers I write it off

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
call grocery bagging a low skill job, sure. but i go to a pretty drat diverse grocery store and self checkout lets me see people of all walks of life fail at this Low Skill Job.

you want to see Americans do a Mr. Bean impression? check out the self check out. motherfuckers jump scare when the barcode beeps at em

like capitalism is even robbing the people of their hand eye coordination at this point, video games be damned

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
menial labor is fundamental to so many processes. its life.

we've just designed a system that corrals and turbofucks the laborers and spits in their eye for being who they are

and rewards garbage individuals who shirk the work as much as possible. sociopaths who get other people to do their chores are the fatty turds that float to the top

and now we have economies built on providing nothing but constant convenience to those sociopaths

"nobody wants to work" is fuckin projection

20 Blunts fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Dec 11, 2023

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
It's somebody's job

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
maybe another continent will pop up and we can run it all over gain

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
drinking age of 18 had to help live music venues

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
an AI that faxes you Bitcoin updates

sup investors

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I'm really deeply unsure where I sit on the People Dumb - Tech is Worse spectrum rn, as a millennial.

Cuz I finally got the new Windows update yesterday, which I realize was overdue, and I swear to god my wifi has just disappeared twice with a restart only solving it.

Like you gotta go into that scary menu concerning hardware and find the network adapter or some poo poo and still....nothin' :0

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

thathonkey posted:

this is a petty one but ever since amazon bought whole foods it has been getting shittier. it was always super overpriced but they had a good meat and seafood counter so i would shop there for select items. one of those items was their andouille sausage. for years ive been buying it there and i think it's a lot better than any other ive tried. now suddenly they don't do andouille sausage anymore! just italian (which are also very good) and chorizo (just ok). loving bezos

my whole foods was designed so an escalator is basically the only way in from the parking lot, and the parking lot is the way most people are entering. this escalator has been out since around thanksgiving and its giving some bad vibes

im pretty sure grocery stores in general have gotten so bad in my city that the whole foods is absorbing all kinds of business it normally hasn't.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

SettingSun posted:

I'd take a guess they would if it paid enough to offset those disadvantages.

lol

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
DUIcycle is a good one. not a bad time to get a DUI I guess, I see a lot of nice electric bikes

on the other hand, i was at Aztalan State Park, a series of Mississippian indian mounds, and had to call in the cops cuz come kids were using the sites as ramps with their electric motorbikes

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i swear that self-service scheduling somehow innately encourages tardiness and rescheduling but have no proof

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i feel like im probably on the wrong side of things but USB-C has been frustrating as a replacement for audio jacks

im definitely glad im not doing these like rap open mics i used to do where guys would just hand me iphones and i'd plug in for their beats. at least a bad 1/8 jack tends to make itself obvious with some fussing around

using a USB-C to 1/8 adapter in my car and it will randomly just stop playing or even worse prompt google assistant while just sitting untouched in the cupholder

there is also like a 10-15db volume reduction that doesn't always seem consistent with devices. idk im a super amateur Audio/Visual tech, but USB-C seems to lend itself to a bunch of a problems that are just not great in the moment

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Fuckin' A.

I paid maybe $20 to see Foo Fighters (and meet them) in like 1997 at Summerfest in Milwaukee. I saw a few big bands for the same price! In fact, the fee just gets you in the door. Metallica could be playing on another stage at the same time!

gently caress Ticketmaster soooooooooo hard.

edit: I found the lineup for the day I was there. Not the best but Summerfest used to go on for like a week

https://www.setlist.fm/festival/1997/summerfest-1997-3d6addb.html

edit: I just looked up ticket prices for 2024 and it's $28. I probably paid less back then.

you can come see me at Quarters Rock N Roll Palace for 0-$5

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Riverwest aint enshittifying baby!

its been a gunfire type of year so far though!

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
the corporate entertainment groups with multiple large venues under ownership have their eyes on your favorite club - or at least their market share. go support those places if you like em.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i was one of those schmucks that signed up for Peacock for a football game....it is by far the worst running streaming app I've had on the PS4. It ran like poo poo right out the gate.

it tends to just crap out and need a hard app reset after 2 hours, without fail. the "crap out" has been really weird like it just got stuck on 1 frame of a completely unrelated show, with some weird garbled audio. maybe i was getting haunted idk

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Fuckkk I forgot about that side of weed.

I'm a Wisconsite who works in events and around alcohol even though I made the decision to cut alcohol out completely three years ago.

It's hard to do this around here.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Heath posted:

Three complications out of the exposed group. That does not mean only 3 people showed signs of cannabis use (that is, needing a lot more propofol to remain sedated.)

I literally cannot understand why you are arguing this point or what you have to gain from it, especially since you're citing a source that says the exact thing I've been trying to tell you. We can always tell.

more old drunks than there are old doctors bithc

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
im just confident someone is at business school right now figuring out how to eliminate rice and beans

like you can only buy rice and beans with burlap sacks you must rent from Goya Corp or some poo poo

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Pennywise the Frown posted:

No music or celebrity is worth that much to me. That's just insane.

The $250 for Rage was disgusting as gently caress and turned me off of it for the rest of my life. wtf is wrong with people willing to fork out that much money for a couple of hours of entertainment? Not to mention the hassle of getting there. The line to get into Rage was about 2 miles long on the roads with cops having to direct traffic. We missed Run the Jewels because it took like 2 hours just to get to the gate. $1,500? That's a few months of car payments. what in god's name? I'd pay that much maybe to play on stage with my favorite band at a big rock concert. Like replace one of them and perform.

And bands play for like 45 minutes. I'm aware that big pop stars put on a "show" that might be 2 hours or so. Still just..... I don't get it. I really don't.

This poo poo is insane. I had no idea it was this ruined. And people will still pay it and push the prices up higher and higher. I wonder how many swifties take out loans for a loving concert ticket.

edit: now I'm angry. Sorry. :mad:

The economics of live music are alcohol and wage slavery

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

ALFbrot posted:

I needed to talk to my bank about my mortgage, figured it would be easier to do in person. Walked in and only saw two or three people standing around, waiting. After 45 seconds or so, one teller came around the corner from the back. Through 5 layers of plexiglass, I told her I needed to talk to someone about my mortgage. She informed me that they only had one banker, and two people were already waiting to talk to him. She then advised that I could call the number on the letter I was sent. Sensing my hesitation, she informed me that, were I to wait for the banker to talk to me, he would just bring me into his office and dial the customer service number with me.

Love that every single place of business and point of contact for essential service is reduced to the barest skeleton crew of useless poo poo at all times.

its not by accident

They really do think they can eliminate every instance of discretion among their employees, every moment of thinking for yourself, and the idea of a manager who lifts their finger to do "Low level" things (as you sort of needed from that banker), is a Bad Manager Costing the Business. It's like those genius memes with equations pasted all over, except with things like "Hotline for Mortgage Help" and "automated receptionist" and poo poo.

and then on the flipside you have things like mortgage hotlines because undoubtedly some piece of poo poo at a small bank branch did awful poo poo to some unsuspecting lendee

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

20 Blunts fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 4, 2024

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

euphronius posted:

Ai doesn’t get dementia and it’s kind of horrific to use that as a (false) analogy

the horror

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
after a windows update recently my wifi often just disappears and the dumbed-down windows "troubleshooter" dies trying to find it.

Like the little router symbol and menus are just gone

Have to hard reboot the laptop and it comes back

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Yoga studio?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Sales Drive Businesses

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
always was lovely but, after throwing $20 bucks at Facebook to promote an event im doing, I immediately had phishing bots blowing up my page's inbox and its still happening. the platform is hosed

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

mawarannahr posted:

this mf paid for Facebook ...

i had budget for advertising, loving loser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i fuckin hate that instagram has more robust posting options on mobile than desktop. im editing photos and video on a laptop, i want to just blast out the posts from the same device