Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Cowslips Warren posted:

poo poo thing: loving videos that play on the gas station pumps, or in stores where all it does is show various poo poo with smiling customers and corporate buzzwords. At least show me some abstract old school Windows screensavers, those would be more entertaining!

Pro tip for the gas pumps--the 2nd or 3rd button down on the right side of the screen will mute these. I carry a sharpie to write mute next to them when I'm at a station that has them because that's how I found out about the trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]

wash bucket posted:

Just saw a case of this in the store. wtf is going on?

Dogshit seltzer from some bro podcast, totally unsurprising. I tried their death row records grape seltzer (b/c I like grape soda and lining suge knight's pockets) and it was maybe the worst grape soda flavor I've ever tried. When I googled the brand name it all made sense.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

credburn posted:

My lovely fuckin sound system that I hate and regret buying has "theater," "arena," and maybe some other sound settings, and all I can really figure out is that all settings except for NORMAL seem to just try to remove vocals, like I'm trying to do karaoke or something

Hard to say without knowing more but sounds like it's trying to channel 5.1 sound into a 2.1 setup or something and these presets are causing you to lose your center channel. You might check if there's an option to define your speaker setup.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

ghost emoji posted:

I swear every default app on Windows is 25% adspace.

This is ancient news, but loving solitaire having a subscription to remove ads, and going through the effort of spinning up a separate instance in the volume mixer when ads play so you can't just mute it and ignore the ads should have been a way bigger warning sign.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Sentient Data posted:

They unironically used the word plaza, that's a 400% upcharge on its own

That's just what the white supremacist named that part of kc

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

galagazombie posted:

They did this in the bathroom when I was having some plumbing issues and the lights just shut off with you in the stall. making GBS threads in a dark cave like my Neanderthal ancestors.

This is supposed to stop people taking long breaks in the stalls but you can totally just out-Alpha it.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I know this has been discussed ad nauseum but I just have to add to how completely stupid it is.

New Toyota comes with subscription service for remote start, whatever. Mine expired and it was bitterly cold here so I figure what the hell, I'll spend $15 and cancel it (the app actually lets you pay without it being a recurring charge which is... At least something even if that bar is on the floor), cheaper than having a remote start installed and I get through this cold snap on a bit of comfort.

First hurdle. Gotta pair my phone app to the car to prove my ownership and activate it, so I gotta go out in the cold anyway. Never mind that I already HAD access with the free trial that expired.

Second hurdle, I gotta take a picture of a QR code on the screen to link it. Never loads. "waiting for app". Call Toyota, on hold for 10 min, turns out that you can hit the emergency alert button and say "remote connect" and they'll activate it without any app fuckery. The lady said it may take up to 24 hours to activate(!) but I immediately had access so I think that was just for boomers.

So I pull up the app and...

Come the gently caress on.

E: fixed image and no I won't be keeping it

Waste of Breath fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 11, 2024

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I can't even run android auto without a map app open!! The screen is split, there is no way to not have my travels tracked! (I know they are anyway!)

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Vampire Panties posted:

I actually pulled the stereo from my truck and put the factory one back in because I wanted navigation that was not Carplay/Android Auto

My previous car was old enough that I thought I was just upgrading to nice things. The multimedia stuff in this rav4 is the screen so I don't think that's even an option anymore? It's admittedly not something I've googled or realized until now.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

bossy lady posted:

Did you name your car "Nichijou"

Nichijou 2: My Ordinary Car.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

TotalLossBrain posted:

It's not too heavy, it's my brother :cry:

-that printer carrying goon, probably

Lmaoo

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

You get actual results first? Lucky bastard.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Bandcamp. Used to be that you had unlimited streaming for albums in your wishlist, regardless of whether or not you bought them. Now you might get a track or two before a nag screen comes up to ask that you "open your wallet" for the artist. I don't mind supporting indie artists on Bandcamp, but I don't like pressure tactics like that (and I blame Bandcamp for that; not the artists).

Not a change, artists have the ability to adjust this. Can't say if the default settings have been changed though.

https://get.bandcamp.help/hc/en-us/articles/360007803174-What-are-streaming-limits-on-Bandcamp

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

10 and 2 is boomer poo poo. 8 and 4 ensures your arms don't get launched into your face breaking everything when the airbag goes off because you crashed trying to steer underhanded.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Not saying it's not lovely but policies like that have existed for 20+ years at this point. Why no, my white friends and I weren't hassled at the mall while other groups of teens were. Curious.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Cerekk posted:

It is essentially not noticable. The engine restarts as soon as you start to lift off the brake and is 100% ready in less time than it takes to move your foot to the accelerator.

I'm guessing there's different implementation on different manufacturers. On my Rav, you have to press the pedal pretty hard to get it to engage (unless you're the type to always slam the brakes, I guess) and so it's pretty easy to choose to not engage it if I'm just stopping at a clear 4-way.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Well that's better than my neighbor with the enormous gmc pickup who parks it on the sidewalk because he's worried someone will sideswipe it and there's no room in the driveway due to his multiple other suvs.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Oh lord no, that truck isn't for hauling anything.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Zero VGS posted:

the police kicked the door in half [...] installed a keypad deadbolt so they have a way in next time.

Lmao psychotic behavior

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

euphronius posted:

Do not let cops near any of your tenants with mental issues at all tho

But I am glad that the tenant had a say

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Modal Auxiliary posted:

This is literally the first time in my four decades of life that I've seen someone espouse a preference for white bg/black text. I am legit shocked and sincerely curious.

I also prefer this so long as the room I'm in is well lit. Dark mode is for night posting.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

How do folks feel about the digital rear view mirrors? I see more and more on the road. Feels distracting, can't have the dynamic range of your vision, and your eyes focus differently on a screen than a mirror. I'd never buy a car with one.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

wash bucket posted:

automatic high beams are a menace.

I don't know how anyone looks at that feature and goes "yeah, I trust that to not make me look like an rear end in a top hat". Do people really blindly trust whatever tech they are given? Rhetorical question, probably related to my pathological self awareness.

Cerekk posted:

Makes a ton of sense for a work van or something where the mirror is close to useless to begin with. I'm sure that will be the last vehicle to get one though.

Probably the only use I'd embrace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

DELETE CASCADE posted:

are you sure you don't want to use a computer to shift gears, though? maybe turn your bike into yet another thing you gotta charge? hmmmm?

It's called di2 and it already exists lmao

E: mea culpa, this wasn't tgo so I assumed

Waste of Breath fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 14, 2024