Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
It was the year 2003 and the world was rocked by the stunning creativity of a show called Clone High. It's a wacky comedy created by Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, and Bill Lawrence that parodies the boom of high school TV dramas by making the teens be clones of dead famous people on the past ISN'T THAT NUTS?! It brought every state across America together as we were still healing from the wounds of 9/11......except Indiana they hated it for some reason. It was so popular that the executives at MTV had no choice but to cancel it in its prime just after they have a major cliffhanger where all the clones were frozen! Thus, the lovable clones faded from existence....

BUT NOW IT'S 2023, BABY! and our current media fetish is to revive the dead shows we love and to rake in that sweet, sweet nostalgia cash! Bill Lawrence went on to lasso cougars while Phil Lord and Christopher Miller created Meatball Street Spiders. Not sure how that works, but it gave them a lot of muscle in Hollywood. So much muscle, that they bullied their way into Warner Bros. Discovery and demand they remake it on HBO Max. So they did!

It's time to recollect your memories of these teen clones!

Abe Lincoln (voiced by Will Forte): A lanky, lovable goof who is best friends with [REDACTED] and trying to win over the love of his life Cleo. Sure, he makes mistakes but so do all teens. Little does he know, someone DOES love him, and she is...

Joan of Arc (voiced by Nicolle Sullivan): She is madly in love with Abe, but he is too stupid to realize it! In the end, she ends up sleeping with....

John F. Kennedy (voiced by Christopher Miller): A womanizing meathead that is one of the most popular guys in school. He recently had a fling with....

Cleopatra (formally voiced by Christa Miller, now voiced by Mitra Jouhari): The most popular girl in school. Her ego and vanity gets in the way of so many people. There are no other main clones.

[REDACTED] (voiced by Michael McDonald): I SAID THERE ARE NO OTHER MAIN CLONES!

Not all is well at Clone High. It was created by a board of shadowy government figures for insidious plot to take over the world in ways we are yet known to. The shadowy figures has given the task to their most loyal scientist/gravedigger to be the school's principal...

Dr. Cinnamon J. Scudworth (voiced by Phil Lord): This man is responsible for the whole operation! The clones, the high, everything! He is to be taken seriously and not viewed as an outlandish and cartoony comic relief! He is undermining the board of shadowy figures to steal the clones and make Cloney Island, a clone-themed amusement park. He also has a robot butler.

Mr. Butlertron (voiced by Christopher Miller): He calls everyone Wesley. Don't know why...

Now we flash to 20 years later! Scudworth has dethawed EVERY clone and has brought them into the fold of a continuing Clone High, where he remade some more clones three years after the freeze. Due to being frozen for so long, the old clone are technically the same age as the new ones so nothing is confusing! This also means new characters!

Frida Kahlo (voice by Vicci Martinez): A chill, laid-back artist who gets along with almost everybody.

Confucius (voice by Kelvin Yu): A hip guy who is into the current trends on the internet.

Harriet Tubman (voiced by Ayo Edebiri): A cheerful person who is into public activities and strives to make it in Hollywood.

Topher Bus (voiced by Neil Casey): The clone of Christopher Columbus, who now goes by Topher Bus, is trying to get out of the shadow of his genetic father's atrocities, but usually ends up being a piece of poo poo.

The board of shadowy figures has caught up with Scudworth's continuation of Clone High, and has dispatched one of their agents to keep an eye on him.

Candide Sampson (voice by Christa Miller) A ruthless and intimidating deep government agent who is as good at her job as much as her love of reptiles. She despises Scudworth and wants nothing for to see him fail she she can take over!

The new season is on now and the last two new episode will air next Thursday. There's also a second 10-episode season lined up for 2024! Personally, I felt the first couple of episodes were weak but the later episodes have the charm the old series had. Hopefully we can have more than two seasons because the creators are big shots in Hollywood now and can coerce WDB. Either way, it's nice to see a continuation of something that was left to die.

RIP Ponce

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jun 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
I was really worried that the new season wouldn't quite hit the same levels as the first, but I've been pleasantly surprised. The Sex Ed ep was genuinely the most that I have laughed at a show in a while.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

TealShark posted:

I was really worried that the new season wouldn't quite hit the same levels as the first, but I've been pleasantly surprised. The Sex Ed ep was genuinely the most that I have laughed at a show in a while.

Same.

Also let's be honest, confusious is the new [redacted]

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

They should just said that Gan-dee is out there on the open road with Doug Prepcourse, making choices. Multiple choices.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Sash! posted:

They should just said that Gan-dee is out there on the open road with Doug Prepcourse, making choices. Multiple choices.

Why do I feel like that's gonna be the stinger

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Sash! posted:

At least in the reboot they show Gandhi still frozen in the meat locker in a gag, so he hasn't 100% vanished.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

I was a massive Clone High fan in 2003 and I have been so pleased with how this has turned out!

At first I didn’t like the design of the new clones because it felt like they didn’t even try to match the art style of the older ones, but then I read that it was an intentional choice due to wanting the 2003 clones to feel different and alienated and dull compared to all the bright tones of the newer ones.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised that the show I pirated back in college and watched a bunch of times came back and is good!

Was worried about them dropping Gandhi but the shift on stuff to Joan made it less of an issue. I hope they still give Abe stuff to do, though.

Giving Scudworth someone new to play off of is fun too.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Last two episodes of the season are up.

The Butlertron episode is the best of the season. The different animations they used were fantastic.

The finale was good. I hope that with Joan being the most hated student now, this will give more interactions with Topher, who people hate as well.

This sucks I want the new season now. :sigh:

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Episode nine: ”Betamax is giving me major Scangrade vibes”.
Episode ten: ”HELL YEAH”

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Waffleopolis posted:

Last two episodes of the season are up.

The Butlertron episode is the best of the season. The different animations they used were fantastic.

The finale was good. I hope that with Joan being the most hated student now, this will give more interactions with Topher, who people hate as well.

This sucks I want the new season now. :sigh:

God I loving hate Topher.

But yeah I couldn't stop laughing at the butlertron ep

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
So glad I don't have to wait the entirety of my adult life for the cliffhanger resolution this time!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The closing segment was a perfect mixture of comedy and sweetness. I hope I don’t have to wait 20 years for another season!

I had to pause in life for half a minute at Cleo’s line: “It’s a trick question. There’s no such thing as female friendship.”

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jun 27, 2023

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Started watching this when I couldn't sleep the other night, expecting it to be trash. Pleasantly surprised at a good reboot of a cartoon from when I was in high school. (I'm looking at you, Futurama.)

Still laughing over Frida being chill about everything in the season up to and including murder, and then "I GO DO KARATE NOW" when Cleo flirts with her.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I enjoyed it, but sadly there was no line that I feel my friends and I will still be randomly texting each other 20 years from now like "Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch!" or "YOU'VE GOT CRABS, ASSFACE."

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

“trick question, female friendship doesn’t exist!”

“Now it’s the one Amiga!”

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/ToonHive/status/1745174372862644346?t=eJkp_cjEBwIwaHsYxZmnkw&s=19

https://deadline.com/2024/01/clone-high-revival-season-2-cast-hannah-simone-jermaine-fowler-1235699556/

Clone High Season 3 (Season 2?) set to premier next month. No exact release date yet.

Give me some of that sweet, sweet trashing on Joan after the Hunger Games stuff. :allears:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
D’Arcy Carden and Jameela Jamil? drat, we're one Kristen Bell short of a Good Place reunion.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

D’Arcy Carden and Jameela Jamil? drat, we're one Kristen Bell short of a Good Place reunion.

I saw all ten episodes are getting dumped out on Feb 1st.

https://www.facebook.com/AbandonedPools/posts/pfbid0M9BoBjKJBFikuXfjfmn9G457fBLq4udLEJv76oooUgi9P5GF7S6B38hQbWwFG4w2l

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Jamil's been accruing a lot of VO credits. Ironically given one of the running gags on The Good Place, she's actually quite good at voices and accents. She was a recurring villain on DuckTales and Star Trek Prodigy (might still be on Prodigy, I think)

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/Collider/status/1750635393567903795?t=pdw_m0Esdbfh5hfQxtoYRA&s=19

That's good, though the lack of a trailer and no hype worries me.

PhonyMcRingRing
Jun 6, 2002
related/unrelated but Abandoned Pools(who does the shows theme) just put out a new album after 11 years.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

New season is out now!

https://twitter.com/chrizmillr/status/1753088151873073553

Watch it, make others watch it, force people to watch it. Do it for Ghandi!

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

First three episodes have been real solid. I particularly liked the second one even if they never flipped the bitch.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Well I wasn’t planning to binge the whole thing, but lazy Saturdays and all.

Finale:
oh you absolute pieces of poo poo

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Didn’t realize the new season dropped until I checked this forum so I’m very happy. Only finished two episodes so far but season 3 episode 2 killed it. It was so funny.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Got wiped out by “This is like the soup we’re serving… Barely not rotten!” And “That idea is like bestiality: I don’t like it!”

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

At this point, I'm almost surprised that Cyranos isn't a real thing

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I'm only halfway through season 2, but so far I am enjoying it more than season 1. Not that season 1 wasn't bad or anything (the sex-ed episode was a loving knock-out) but I almost feel the first 3 episodes were kind of plagued with having to play catch-up on 20 years of the real world and that is not an easy needle to thread for any show.

I would say that this season gives me hope for other late-90s/early-00s shows that are getting revivals, like if we ever do get that Undergrads reboot, or the supposed Mission Hill spin-off

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Getting close to end of Season 2 and they knocked it out of the park. Now that they didn’t have to establish characters so much they were able to just get away with fun stories. They also have way more good lines.

“I’m like expensive olive oil. Extra virgin.”

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I thought S2E9 was the season finale, and after finishing it, thought 'hey that was a good season finale'

Then I saw there was still episode 10. Didn't have the same reaction after watching that one.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Haha, drat. Ya, they definitely have balls to end it that way without knowing if they’ll get a renewal. I’m all for it though. Embrace chaos.

I also think the season was amazing and so honestly having now 2 amazing seasons of Clone High and one decent one is all I could ask for. I wanted more CH and I got it.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I read that if they get renewed again, they're gonna bring Gandhi back

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
That would be amazing. I think the new cast eventually managed to cover for Gandhi. The only cast member that I saw no point for was Topher Bus. They had an idea and they clearly jettisoned it.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I liked the Bleacher Creature entourage a lot more than just Topher being a little poo poo on his own.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I think that they waited 20 some long years to finally have JFK say CHOWDA

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

Season 2 of the reboot was miles above Season 1.
Most of the new main characters grew on me, except for Frida, who was useless and dragged Cleo down with her.
But Harriot and Confucius were great. Also Abe's VO sounds way too old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

What the hell, I’m a massive Clone High fan and I’m finding out about a new season two weeks after it’s released????

Thanks, thread!