Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Well now that you're here, let me teach you about the Dig Dug expanded universe:

Taizo Hori (ホリ・タイゾウ, Hori Taizou?), originally known as Dig Dug (ディグダグ, Digu Dagu?), is the main protagonist of the Dig Dug series and one of the major characters in the Mr. Driller series, being the founder of the Star Trigon Team as well as a member of the United Galaxy Space Force.

In 1982, Taizo solved the "Dig Dug incident" caused by Pookas and Fygars in Dig Dug, and some time later the problem in the tropical islands that happened in Dig Dug II. Afterwards, he was treated as a hero. At one point of his life, Taizo was married with Masuyo Tobi, but they separated for unknown reasons. They had three sons: Susumu Hori, Ataru Hori, and Taiyo Tobi. Taizo became the chairman of the Driller Council.

In Dig Dug: Digging Strike, Taizo is jealous of Susumu receiving all the attention as he was the first Driller. When he received a call from Horinesia to ask for help from Susumu, Taizo said he could help with it, but as the person never heard of him and insisted to talk with Susumu, he got angry and decided to do the job himself.

Susumu Hori (ホリ・ススム Hori Susumu) is a kind and courageous 14 years old Driller that lives in a round house in Edogawa, Tokyo. He is the highest ranked Driller in the world. He was born in March 3. His blood type is O.[1] Susumu is the son of Taizo Hori and Masuyo Tobi, and brother of Ataru Hori and Taiyo Tobi. He has a talking dog called Puchi.

Ataru Hori (ホリ・アタル, Hori Ataru?) is the son of Taizo Hori and Masuyo Tobi and the older brother of Susumu Hori and Taiyo Tobi. Due to Taizo performing poorly as a father, Ataru had a bad relationship with him and he decided to leave home. His whereabouts were unknown until his reappearance, working as a Driller without a license from the Driller Council. Despite this, he is an ace Driller, his skills rivaling Susumu. He has a cool and collected personality and prefers to work alone, but he has a black rabbit as a pet.

Taiyo Tobi (トビ・タイヨウ Tobi Taiyou) is the younger son of Taizo Hori and Masuyo Tobi, and brother of Susumu Hori and Ataru Hori. He suffers from claustrophobia, so he wants to become a space pilot instead of a Driller. He had recently obtained his pilot license.

That's all for now. In my next post in this thread I will be diving into the Dig Dug fan fiction. Possible :nws: involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
I want to hear a story about how Taizo adopts a Fygar and and they live happily ever after.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Seems like a boring game about a boring family to me.

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
Digging? Like a hole in thr ground?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I'm more of a Mr. Do! man.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

then why is it called mr driller and not mr dig dug. not really sure i understand.

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
Dig Dug? gently caress that poo poo. MR. DO!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Scrotum Modem posted:

Taiyo Tobi (トビ・タイヨウ Tobi Taiyou) is the younger son of Taizo Hori and Masuyo Tobi, and brother of Susumu Hori and Ataru Hori. He suffers from claustrophobia, so he wants to become a space pilot instead of a Driller. He had recently obtained his pilot license.

If you're claustrophobic, you're probably not going to be happy as an astronaut

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'd rather play some bomberman mp op

KlavoHunter
Aug 4, 2006
"Intelligence indicates that our enemy is using giant cathedral ships. Research divison reports that we can adapt this technology for our use. Begin researching giant cathedral ships immediately."
is this an AI generated OP?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

It's from the Namco Fandom wiki so of course it's legit https://namco.fandom.com/wiki/Taizo_Hori

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Scrotum Modem posted:

It's from the Namco Fandom wiki so of course it's legit https://namco.fandom.com/wiki/Taizo_Hori

You promised Dig Dug slashfic in your second post. This is your second post. Show me Dig Dug's Dick.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

XYZAB posted:

You promised Dig Dug slashfic in your second post. This is your second post. Show me Dig Dug's Dick.

dude it's 3:30am i need to sleep. Here to satisfy your demands hopefully a fygar sucking off Dig Dug in a more visual format will suffice: :nws: https://i.imgur.com/Cj2HnmM.png :nws:

slashfic will be posted. patience

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
why did I click that

I don't know what I expected

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

The Grimace posted:

why did I click that

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Scrotum Modem posted:

dude it's 3:30am i need to sleep. Here to satisfy your demands hopefully a fygar sucking off Dig Dug in a more visual format will suffice:

huh

https://i.imgur.com/rWONnEO.mp4

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The Grimace posted:

why did I click that

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/83083

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lol

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
The sucking and loving is implied why else do you think they inflate and explode? It's the dragon cum. Please explain the lore between bubble bobble and rainbow islands (i.e. which one sucks and which one fucks between Bub and Bob)

Asshole Rose
Dec 28, 2017

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Do Mappy next.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

:eyepop:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is Burger Time divorced too? Seems like he would be.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
im a Bubble Bobble guy

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

how did i never realize mr.driller is dig dug. this is a stunning revelation. i have evolved.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
dig dong

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Dick Duck

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

It was, I think, my first video game. Played it in kindergarten when I was 5.

35 years later, I'm seeing slashfic of it here.

I was hoping for 35 more years of never seeing that.

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

Is Dig Dug 2 good? I only had Dig Dug 2 as a kid and thought that's all Dig Dug was until I was an adult.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Doug Diggler

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Scrotum Modem posted:

Well now that you're here, let me teach you about the Dig Dug expanded universe:

Taizo Hori (ホリ・タイゾウ, Hori Taizou?), originally known as Dig Dug (ディグダグ, Digu Dagu?), is the main protagonist of the Dig Dug series and one of the major characters in the Mr. Driller series, being the founder of the Star Trigon Team as well as a member of the United Galaxy Space Force.

In 1982, Taizo solved the "Dig Dug incident" caused by Pookas and Fygars in Dig Dug, and some time later the problem in the tropical islands that happened in Dig Dug II. Afterwards, he was treated as a hero. At one point of his life, Taizo was married with Masuyo Tobi, but they separated for unknown reasons. They had three sons: Susumu Hori, Ataru Hori, and Taiyo Tobi. Taizo became the chairman of the Driller Council.

In Dig Dug: Digging Strike, Taizo is jealous of Susumu receiving all the attention as he was the first Driller. When he received a call from Horinesia to ask for help from Susumu, Taizo said he could help with it, but as the person never heard of him and insisted to talk with Susumu, he got angry and decided to do the job himself.

Susumu Hori (ホリ・ススム Hori Susumu) is a kind and courageous 14 years old Driller that lives in a round house in Edogawa, Tokyo. He is the highest ranked Driller in the world. He was born in March 3. His blood type is O.[1] Susumu is the son of Taizo Hori and Masuyo Tobi, and brother of Ataru Hori and Taiyo Tobi. He has a talking dog called Puchi.

Ataru Hori (ホリ・アタル, Hori Ataru?) is the son of Taizo Hori and Masuyo Tobi and the older brother of Susumu Hori and Taiyo Tobi. Due to Taizo performing poorly as a father, Ataru had a bad relationship with him and he decided to leave home. His whereabouts were unknown until his reappearance, working as a Driller without a license from the Driller Council. Despite this, he is an ace Driller, his skills rivaling Susumu. He has a cool and collected personality and prefers to work alone, but he has a black rabbit as a pet.

That's all for now. In my next post in this thread I will be diving into the Dig Dug fan fiction. Possible :nws: involved

didn't read a word of this but I had Dig Dug on Commodore 64. Great game

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Sounds like the name of a preacher in the Duggar church.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

funeral home DJ posted:

Sounds like the name of a preacher in the Duggar church.

with a huge penis

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

There really aren't any :nws: fanfics I'm finding out there but various dig dug fanfics do exist. Something that made me chuckle is the synopsis given for the game on imdb of all places:

quote:

In the video game DigDug you are the character Doug who has been sent to clear this underground area of all the enemies.

I dunno man, I say Taizo Hori is a cooler name for the dig dug dude over Dig Dug Doug

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Dig Dug's name is Dug

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Everyone talks about dig dug, yet no one is digging for the LORD

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Everyone talks about dig dug, yet no one is digging for the LORD

Its an atari game. Shut up nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
Dig Dug is responsible for the inflation fetish