Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Its an atari game. Shut up nerd

Reported

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Love you too Smugworth.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Holes starring shia lebeouff is loosely based on the second dig dug game. His friends in that movie are named after some of the enemies in the game.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

SAY YOHO posted:

Dig Dug is responsible for the inflation fetish

yep

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Quadruple reported

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

Quadruple reported

thats only one for me. Thanks buddy!

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

what the gently caress is this anime poo poo?

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

Was at the arcade yesterday, played Dig Dug but got distracted by Joust and Frogger as usual.

Here's a semi random excerpt from the Frogger wiki as content

quote:

Lumpy and Frogger go on a fishing trip on what appeared to be an ordinary day. It was going well until Frogger decided to fetch a Moonfruit from a tree that was out of his guardian’s reach. While he was gone, Lumpy sat down by the dock to have lunch when a crocodile snuck up from behind and placed a mind control helmet on it. This caused him to be one of the first victims of Dr. Wani’s plot to take over the world. Lumpy aimlessly drops his sandwich and leaves the lake, prompting Frogger to follow his trail.

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
Come pop me, m'lord

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

that's a pooka u fuckin noob

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

mr. do! was better

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dick Fontaine posted:

mr. do! was better

ok. cool

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

it's a sexual dig dug, sir.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Dick Fontaine posted:

mr. do! was better

are you that one person who likes to mention how better Zunes were in attempt to break the awkward silence in social situations

this is tha dig dug thread. go make your mr doo thread

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Scrotum Modem posted:

are you that one person who likes to mention how better Zunes were in attempt to break the awkward silence in social situations

this is tha dig dug thread. go make your mr doo thread

no, the zune was awful

e: it’s a personality replacement machine for marvel loving manbabies. an object of contempt

ee: mr driller is pretty cool. probably better than mr. do!

TrashMammal fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jun 18, 2023

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I was into Dig Dug until it became Sug Fug

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Now that was a good arcade game. The movement and graphics were a great use of the medium. I hated that loving pterodactyl, though.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Dig, Doug!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

realised I had dig dug mixed up with duggee

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

RavenousScoot posted:

Was at the arcade yesterday, played Dig Dug but got distracted by Joust and Frogger as usual.

Here's a semi random excerpt from the Frogger wiki as content

Wtf Frogger is about a frog crossing the road why does it need a backstory

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Wtf Frogger is about a frog crossing the road why does it need a backstory

Since 2003 the Frogger universe has ninja squirrels. They're grandfathered in at this point.

quote:

Once outside Dusty's, some Ninja Squirrels steal Frogger's Opart. Dusty said they were part of the Black Lotus Society. Frogger must go get it back.

After learning that the Black Lotus Society has a hideout in the mountains, Griffith flies to the Northern Ridge where Frogger enters the hideout, desperate to get Opart back.

More of the plot coming soon.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Right on dig dug is tight and out of sight daddy o

Behind Maslow
Apr 11, 2008

https://youtu.be/HruPgq0GujI

https://youtu.be/0bmOpgKpOgg

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

stick those links in between [video] [/video] (srsly that's all that's required) that way we'll know we're not getting rickrolled or worse. i mean, look at what i've turned this thread into so far

embedded:

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 18, 2023

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

It is the year 1985. Your name is Wayne “Doobie” Robinson. You were a monster exterminator; that was your temporary role in life, just like the famous Dig Dug. Your job was to get rid of Pookas and Fygars with your harpoon and inflation weapon during the weekends and, aiming for your real goal in life, to serve truckers cheap, hot snacks from noon until 3 PM during weekdays. One Saturday, it was just an ordinary monster exterminating session for you... or so you thought.

Several hours had gone by. You were running around a plain, grassy island and pumping your air pump, inflating those monsters. Suddenly, there were a lot of Pookas invading your space, some of them had their yellow-goggled eyes floating around you. When they returned to their normal form, they hopped towards you, telling you how un-woke you are. You couldn't get away from them, even while you aimed your harpoon at them and pumped them up over and over again. Now the only option you had was running. So you ran for your life, but then you saw at least four Fygars heading your way. They were breathing fire as you ran in another direction. Usually you were brave enough to mow them down, but this time you got scared, considering that you'd never been this surrounded before. You thought you would die.

"Well, drat. I guess this is the end," you thought to yourself. You slowly backed away. Your life was about to end as the Pookas and Fygars came closer to you. But then you hear a drilling noise and shouting.

"Hey, Doobie! Get out of the way!" It was Taizo Hori. He was trying to save you by destroying part of the island. It started crumbling, and you ran to the safer area and made a jump to where the island was stable, as the crumbling parts chased you. You rolled away from the edge. As it began to sink underwater, all the monsters on the crumbling island fell and drowned. You were safe, and so was he.

You gasped to catch your breath from running and making that risky jump. Taizo ran over to you, worried for your safety.

"Doobie! Are you okay?! Did they hurt you?!" He asked you.

"Oh, I'm fine. Don't worry about me," you said smiling. Then, you giggled.

"But, thank you for saving me. I really appreciate it."

"Yeah, no problem," he said back to you. He rubbed the back of his helmet.

You both sat down for a moment to relax, and you let out a sigh. You were pretty much done for today, considering that you almost fell into the ocean surrounding you. 

"Man, that was awesome. I mean, scary, but awesome! You drowned them all again, Mr. Hori!" You said.

"Doobie, you're supposed to call me Taizo," he sighed, rolling his eyes.

"Okay, okay, fine. You drowned them all again, Taizo," You laughed, after emphasizing his name.

It was getting a little late, so there was a sunset, which was something you never liked missing. You and Taizo watched the sun slowly descend beneath the sky, with orange and pink hues layering above. Minutes of silence went by. Being alone with him was a good time for you. Then he stood up and offered his hand. You stood up with him and brushed off any dirt that you may have had.

Suddenly, you looked down and started to blush. For a long time, and not long after you met him, you had a huge crush on Taizo Hori. There were things about him that were just really cute, like his giant oval eyes, and his smirk of a smile. Although he's kind of egotistical and a bit of a glutton for his age, you admired him and how well he does his job. However, you didn't think you had a chance with him. He was your friend, but you knew you were in love with him. Did he feel the same way? Probably not.

"Doobie? What's wrong?" he suddenly asked, noticing that you were looking down.

You quickly raise your head up and say, "Oh, it's nothing."

He raises an eyebrow and gives you a concerning look. Then he sighs and shakes his head.

"Doobie, are you sure? You looked sad."

"I don't know what you mean, Taizo, but I'm super chill right now. Even after escaping my own death!" You laughed at your own sentence.

"Please don't lie to me," he says, walking closer to you. "I know something's wrong. Please tell me."

He places his blue-gloved hands on your shoulders and looks at you straight in the eye. You stared back at him, unsure of what to say. You wanted to tell him how you felt, but you didn't know how to start. And it felt like the right opportunity to do so now. You took a deep breath, and your heart started beating.

"Actually... Taizo, I have to tell you something," you said in a nervous voice.

"What is it?" he asked you. "Close your eyes, and I will tell you," you say to him.

"What? Why?"

"Just do it, lo- I mean, Taizo!"

He closes his eyes. Your heart begins to pound. "I can do this, I will do this. I love him. I love him so much, I really do." You lean closer, close your own eyes, and kiss him. Right on the lips.

Taizo opens his eyes and gasps. He sees you kissing him. Suddenly, he kisses you back passionately. Turns out that he really loves you as well. He holds you tighter as you two kiss. Then you two start making out. You remove his helmet in the process, toss it aside, and grab his spiky brown hair. He pushes you down on the green grass. You wrap your arms around his neck and kiss him harder. He cups your face. Then, you two pull away slowly and softly, and start panting.

"Whoa, you're a good kisser," he says.

"Thank you, I try," You say, blushing. There's a moment of silence. Then he speaks.

"I guess this is obvious now, but... I love you, Doobie. I've liked you for a long time."

"I love you too, Taizo. I've liked you for a whi- wait, really?! How long?" You asked in a surprised manner.

"The day after I met you, my love," he said, winking. You blushed harder.

"Hey, I was gonna call you that!" you said, pouting afterwards.

"Well, you can start from here on out," he assured you.

You kiss again, this time softer. The two of you hug, still laying on the grass, and by that time, the sun had already set, leaving only the color of dark blue left in the sky.

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

whoa op, you've been holding out on us

quote:

Ora! Dig Dug Horeyuke! Brazil (オラッ!ディグダグホレゆけ!ブラジル) is a Japanese mobile game made as a part of the Namco IP Catalog event, The game's story fallows Taizo Hori making a bet with a pixel stickman that he can dig all the way to Brazil.

Gameplay

In Ora! Dig Dug Horeyuke! Brazil, Taizo walks automatically, when you hold you finger down on the screen Taizo will turn, if you keep holding down Taizo will just keep moving in a circle, the objective is to get to the goal flag with the highest score possible while avoiding monsters. Touching any hazards results in a game over, after you die the game will decide whether you go to heaven or hell.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Scrotum Modem posted:

It is the year 1985. Your name is Wayne “Doobie” Robinson. You were a monster exterminator; that was your temporary role in life, just like the famous Dig Dug. Your job was to get rid of Pookas and Fygars with your harpoon and inflation weapon during the weekends and, aiming for your real goal in life, to serve truckers cheap, hot snacks from noon until 3 PM during weekdays. One Saturday, it was just an ordinary monster exterminating session for you... or so you thought.

Several hours had gone by. You were running around a plain, grassy island and pumping your air pump, inflating those monsters. Suddenly, there were a lot of Pookas invading your space, some of them had their yellow-goggled eyes floating around you. When they returned to their normal form, they hopped towards you, telling you how un-woke you are. You couldn't get away from them, even while you aimed your harpoon at them and pumped them up over and over again. Now the only option you had was running. So you ran for your life, but then you saw at least four Fygars heading your way. They were breathing fire as you ran in another direction. Usually you were brave enough to mow them down, but this time you got scared, considering that you'd never been this surrounded before. You thought you would die.

"Well, drat. I guess this is the end," you thought to yourself. You slowly backed away. Your life was about to end as the Pookas and Fygars came closer to you. But then you hear a drilling noise and shouting.

"Hey, Doobie! Get out of the way!" It was Taizo Hori. He was trying to save you by destroying part of the island. It started crumbling, and you ran to the safer area and made a jump to where the island was stable, as the crumbling parts chased you. You rolled away from the edge. As it began to sink underwater, all the monsters on the crumbling island fell and drowned. You were safe, and so was he.

You gasped to catch your breath from running and making that risky jump. Taizo ran over to you, worried for your safety.

"Doobie! Are you okay?! Did they hurt you?!" He asked you.

"Oh, I'm fine. Don't worry about me," you said smiling. Then, you giggled.

"But, thank you for saving me. I really appreciate it."

"Yeah, no problem," he said back to you. He rubbed the back of his helmet.

You both sat down for a moment to relax, and you let out a sigh. You were pretty much done for today, considering that you almost fell into the ocean surrounding you. 

"Man, that was awesome. I mean, scary, but awesome! You drowned them all again, Mr. Hori!" You said.

"Doobie, you're supposed to call me Taizo," he sighed, rolling his eyes.

"Okay, okay, fine. You drowned them all again, Taizo," You laughed, after emphasizing his name.

It was getting a little late, so there was a sunset, which was something you never liked missing. You and Taizo watched the sun slowly descend beneath the sky, with orange and pink hues layering above. Minutes of silence went by. Being alone with him was a good time for you. Then he stood up and offered his hand. You stood up with him and brushed off any dirt that you may have had.

Suddenly, you looked down and started to blush. For a long time, and not long after you met him, you had a huge crush on Taizo Hori. There were things about him that were just really cute, like his giant oval eyes, and his smirk of a smile. Although he's kind of egotistical and a bit of a glutton for his age, you admired him and how well he does his job. However, you didn't think you had a chance with him. He was your friend, but you knew you were in love with him. Did he feel the same way? Probably not.

"Doobie? What's wrong?" he suddenly asked, noticing that you were looking down.

You quickly raise your head up and say, "Oh, it's nothing."

He raises an eyebrow and gives you a concerning look. Then he sighs and shakes his head.

"Doobie, are you sure? You looked sad."

"I don't know what you mean, Taizo, but I'm super chill right now. Even after escaping my own death!" You laughed at your own sentence.

"Please don't lie to me," he says, walking closer to you. "I know something's wrong. Please tell me."

He places his blue-gloved hands on your shoulders and looks at you straight in the eye. You stared back at him, unsure of what to say. You wanted to tell him how you felt, but you didn't know how to start. And it felt like the right opportunity to do so now. You took a deep breath, and your heart started beating.

"Actually... Taizo, I have to tell you something," you said in a nervous voice.

"What is it?" he asked you. "Close your eyes, and I will tell you," you say to him.

"What? Why?"

"Just do it, lo- I mean, Taizo!"

He closes his eyes. Your heart begins to pound. "I can do this, I will do this. I love him. I love him so much, I really do." You lean closer, close your own eyes, and kiss him. Right on the lips.

Taizo opens his eyes and gasps. He sees you kissing him. Suddenly, he kisses you back passionately. Turns out that he really loves you as well. He holds you tighter as you two kiss. Then you two start making out. You remove his helmet in the process, toss it aside, and grab his spiky brown hair. He pushes you down on the green grass. You wrap your arms around his neck and kiss him harder. He cups your face. Then, you two pull away slowly and softly, and start panting.

"Whoa, you're a good kisser," he says.

"Thank you, I try," You say, blushing. There's a moment of silence. Then he speaks.

"I guess this is obvious now, but... I love you, Doobie. I've liked you for a long time."

"I love you too, Taizo. I've liked you for a whi- wait, really?! How long?" You asked in a surprised manner.

"The day after I met you, my love," he said, winking. You blushed harder.

"Hey, I was gonna call you that!" you said, pouting afterwards.

"Well, you can start from here on out," he assured you.

You kiss again, this time softer. The two of you hug, still laying on the grass, and by that time, the sun had already set, leaving only the color of dark blue left in the sky.

Dig Dug wasn't a monster exterminator. He was just digging holes

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

This guy? Got me hosed up. Learned to play the flute just for this.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

dig dug hosed me.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Mr. Driller's better.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Pneub posted:

Mr. Driller's better.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Pneub posted:

Mr. Driller's better.

That's why they call him Mr. Drill Her

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
https://youtu.be/SPsF0zbbKhk

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin

Sure, I have fond memories

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

I like dig dug a lot. When I was in the 8th grade I managed to whine so much that I got permission to bid on an Atari Dig Dug cabinet on eBay and got it for $158 *shipped* in Brooklyn NY. Some movers, bless them, managed to bring it upstairs to the third floor of the narrow brownstone and flip it over the bannister at the very top floor. I had that machine up until the end of my time in college. It had a lot to do with me getting good at working with electronics.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
Why does only one of them have a blood type listed? I need to know everyone else's blood type, OP, where's the info

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pneub posted:

Mr. Driller's better.

Mr. Driller can be stopped.

What exactly are you supposed to do about Mr. Domino!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

RavenousScoot posted:

whoa op, you've been holding out on us

Boy that explanation falls off a cliff at the end