Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Barnabas only gets into it when his dead mother shows up, which suggests that shapeshifting into Hugo and Benedikta was entirely Ultima's idea with no outside input.

That scene has layers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Darth Walrus posted:

Barnabas only gets into it when his dead mother shows up, which suggests that shapeshifting into Hugo and Benedikta was entirely Ultima's idea with no outside input.

That scene has layers.

Ultima is trying to work out if it's dead people in general or specifically Barnabas dead mother.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Barnabas wants to get hosed by people he has manipulated to their deaths, That's just facts.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
OK, how the gently caress is living flame not weak to ice? I'm using shiva because her diamond dust can melt his will bar really easily if it hits, but somehow ice isn't showing as an elemental weakness. I'm on an FF mode replay of the game and had a feeling he'd be the biggest roadblock as even in the main run it was a hard fight, and now on FF mode I'll have to make my potions last as long as possible. I personally feel it's the worst boss in the game as it has weird moves, or at least the most frustrating.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BioEnchanted posted:

OK, how the gently caress is living flame not weak to ice? I'm using shiva because her diamond dust can melt his will bar really easily if it hits, but somehow ice isn't showing as an elemental weakness. I'm on an FF mode replay of the game and had a feeling he'd be the biggest roadblock as even in the main run it was a hard fight, and now on FF mode I'll have to make my potions last as long as possible. I personally feel it's the worst boss in the game as it has weird moves, or at least the most frustrating.

Elemental damage bonuses in the game are very tiny. Use what feels like it works for you in terms of skills.

If you're that far honestly you can probably afford to just chain together Zantetsukens, Gigaflares and Diamond Dusts

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

Elemental weaknesses aren't a thing in this game, which is kind of handy considering you're locked into dealing fire damage for quite a few of your moves/abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

ImpAtom posted:

Elemental damage bonuses in the game are very tiny. Use what feels like it works for you in terms of skills.

If you're that far honestly you can probably afford to just chain together Zantetsukens, Gigaflares and Diamond Dusts

I'll try adding the former two to the rotation and see how it goes next time I play, while keeping the more powerful standbys like Wind Up available. Never really used them outside of getting achievements in the postgame, so I guess we'll see how good they are on bosses. :P