Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

fans of nuclear waste i'd reckon

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Anime

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

He had fans?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
lmao he probably still does

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cheech Marinade posted:

Allah, Jesus Christ

you mean two fanbases or just using an expiative?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

*s aunters back into the party, pretending I wasn’t just throwing up in the bathroom*

Wait did anyone say Trump nyet?!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Guilty as charged. I know he was an rear end in a top hat at the end of his life, but the man was pretty funny before he became an rear end in a top hat.
- Said with my robe and wizard hat

Lusty Grundles
Jun 9, 2023

Parsley posted:

fans of nuclear waste i'd reckon
Ah, poo poo. Has the thread been won?

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Guilty as charged. I know he was an rear end in a top hat at the end of his life, but the man was pretty funny before he became an rear end in a top hat.
- Said with my robe and wizard hat

Separating the man from the art I see I see

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

feverish and oversexed posted:

Separating the man from the art I see I see

Yeah. H.P. Lovecraft is no different to Lowtax

Carebear
Apr 16, 2003

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno you will won't.
From a parenting perspective, there's so many annoying fanbases out there because of social media. Like baby led weaning vs purees or montessori groups. There's an anti screen influencer who is seriously out to get Ms. Rachel. And the worst are the baby bamboo groups. I'm not kidding, the baby bamboo shopping addictions are WILD, particularly for a brand called Little Sleepies.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Carebear posted:

From a parenting perspective, there's so many annoying fanbases out there because of social media. Like baby led weaning vs purees or montessori groups. There's an anti screen influencer who is seriously out to get Ms. Rachel. And the worst are the baby bamboo groups. I'm not kidding, the baby bamboo shopping addictions are WILD, particularly for a brand called Little Sleepies.

maybe you shouldn't try to find parenting advice from social media. Just saying

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

maybe you shouldn't try to find parenting advice from social media. Just saying

Please inform my wife

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

Please inform my wife

nah. I want you to do it

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Ohio state buckeye fans. Probably followed by Alabama fans.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Any fans of a sports team that is doing particularly well/bad.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Deki posted:

Any fans of a sports team that is doing particularly well/bad.

that's why I love being a Philadelphia fan. Always almost there

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Lost three championships last year. 2 in the same day

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Society :madmax:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I wonder if the Lowtax patreon still has subscribers, patiently waiting for new content

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

I wonder if the Lowtax patreon still has subscribers, patiently waiting for new content

https://www.patreon.com/GamingGarbage

Thankfully, the Patreon has been deleted on account of Lowtax voluntarily removing his brain from his body. Though it wouldn't surprise me if an unsmall number of people who were subscribed to Garbage Gaming right till the end were also dead themselves and their credit cards were just being auto-processed by Patreon in perpetuity until they would have expired.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

nine-gear crow posted:

https://www.patreon.com/GamingGarbage

Thankfully, the Patreon has been deleted on account of Lowtax voluntarily removing his brain from his body. Though it wouldn't surprise me if an unsmall number of people who were subscribed to Garbage Gaming right till the end were also dead themselves and their credit cards were just being auto-processed by Patreon in perpetuity until they would have expired.

reminds me of that one person who they only found out died because the auto bill pays stopped being able to pay when the bank account ran dry, rip.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

feverish and oversexed posted:

reminds me of that one person who they only found out died because the auto bill pays stopped being able to pay when the bank account ran dry, rip.

I mean even before the internet that wasn't uncommon. They've always been people who would just rather not deal with other people. Sometimes in healthier or unhealthier ways.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

dr_rat posted:

Deagol should of known a birthday present when he saw one. :colbert:

Ah! But it is written in the LOTR book that hobbits GIVE presents away on their birthday, therefore Smeagol should have been fine with Deagol getting the ring in the first place.

See also people being upset that the movie had tomatoes in it, when the book itself mentions hobbits eating potatoes.

Basically, literalists of entertainment media are really, really annoying people.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Are you confusing people being grossed out by the Denethor scene with people having a problem with their being tomatoes in it?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Counterpoint: people who dont like gbs

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Pretty much anyone who gatekeeps or expects you to enjoy the thing exactly the way they do.

Its fun to know things and give context to the piece of media or activity that you're introducing someone to but if you respect them as a person just let them experience it on their own and take away whatever meaning they can.

Music/film nerds, my former self included, are especially guilty of this.

The most egregious example is probably my BIL who will stop movies and explain what's happening between the characters 7-10 times throughout the course of a movie just to ensure everyone else is understanding. We are all in our 30s. None of us are children. He ruined In Bruges.

Poohs Packin fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 18, 2023

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Has nobody ever said "hey can you not? it's really annoying when you do that?"

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

Carebear posted:

parenting drama is fascinating but what the hell is baby bamboo

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Has nobody ever said "hey can you not? it's really annoying when you do that?"

In so many words yes, but his siblings are also protective of him for reasons so :shrug: I just don't watch movies with him.

Poohs Packin fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jun 18, 2023

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's a textile made of bamboo cellulose.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I think wizards have the most toxic fanbase.

1) J. K. Rowling

2) Grand Wizards

3) The OP

all three are v. hosed up, imo.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It's a textile made of bamboo cellulose.

In my experience it's a bit expensive, but also soft and comfortable. It's a normal material used by serious companies, but it's also kind of new and exotic and that attracts scammers and weirdos.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Metal.

Metal can be fun and good, but there's this whole victim complex about Metal being outsider music when every time I'm aware of a stadium show, it's a Metal band. High Street stores sell Metal shirts. Go into a guitar store and 80% of the products are aimed at neckbearded shredders. Radio 2 play Disturbed and Ghost. My dad likes Metallica. The forced wholesomeness of like Jack Black and flashing the horns loving sucks. Walk down the high street of any mid to large city and like half of the guys between 18 and 40 are wearing a Slipknot shirt or whatever.

Thrash is great because its about getting hosed up in sweaty basements and drawing, like, a zombie president pressing the nuclear button and the songs are fast and short and the fashion is great and grindcore is similar and sing about killing Tories instead of dragons and hating your dad, but 7-string, multi-time signature libertarian guys loving suck.

Disco Pope fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jun 18, 2023

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

flubber nuts posted:

its the matrix thats done this too him ive been trying to tell everyone. the matrix did it to me too. the matrix torments me night and day. it has caused me relentless agony beyond all reality. im constantly hoarse from all the screaming i have to do to bare the unrelenting torture the matrix has decided to inflict upon me. matrix tentacles slapping me, cutting me, milking me, sucking me off sometimes even (last night). but not the good kind of sucking off, oh no. you would not believe all the blood the matrix has sucked from my broken tortured bones. the matrix doesnt even have a specific use for my blood, it just leaves it around my house in shopping bags. the bags say 'the matrix' on them and thats how i know who or what is doing this to me. i believe it deep within what is left of my destroyed heart that the matrix has implemented a similar torture routine upon andrew tate. its not fair and nobody believes us, especially not my neighbors. be careful because you may be the matrixs next victim. dont say i didnt warn you.

The Matrix has u

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

Counterpoint: people who dont like gbs

Who doesn't like GBS? I'll fight 'em!

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
yoga

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Ayn Rand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
The ones that don't have a timer built in for the purpose of preventing fan death