Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Celtic or Rangers supporters. Noboby supports those teams because they are good at soccer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
Nurgle worshipers

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Valko posted:

Celtic or Rangers supporters. Noboby supports those teams because they are good at soccer.

Yeah, any given Saturday in almost any Scottish city can be ruined by the fact either of these teams are playing, and the day is a write off if both are.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Hitler

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Foot guys

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The Something Awful Discussion forum

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
Its chris chan people by a long mile.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Welcome to Gboard clipboard, any text you copy will be saved here.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

final fantasy 14

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Disco Pope posted:

Metal.

Metal can be fun and good, but there's this whole victim complex about Metal being outsider music when every time I'm aware of a stadium show, it's a Metal band. High Street stores sell Metal shirts. Go into a guitar store and 80% of the products are aimed at neckbearded shredders. Radio 2 play Disturbed and Ghost. My dad likes Metallica. The forced wholesomeness of like Jack Black and flashing the horns loving sucks. Walk down the high street of any mid to large city and like half of the guys between 18 and 40 are wearing a Slipknot shirt or whatever.

Thrash is great because its about getting hosed up in sweaty basements and drawing, like, a zombie president pressing the nuclear button and the songs are fast and short and the fashion is great and grindcore is similar and sing about killing Tories instead of dragons and hating your dad, but 7-string, multi-time signature libertarian guys loving suck.

There's also the misogyny, gatekeeping, and misogynistic gatekeeping

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Yoga is fine

Lusty Grundles
Jun 9, 2023

Poohs Packin posted:

Yoga is fine
I find that people wind themselves in knots to win arguments sometimes. It's so frustrating.

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Dark Souls fans seem fine, but tell ‘em you’re just into the games and the floodgates open lol

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Oh, yeah, it’s probably this

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

Is that Homestuck?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Google sheets users

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Comedy Rick and Morty option

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I remember when homestuck cosplay started getting banned from conventions because of the damage to the venues from their grey makeup getting everywhere

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

it shouldve been problem sleuth that blew up

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
It should have been Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff. :colbert:

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

the correct answer is all of them, fans are all garbage and fandom esse delendam

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

Disco Pope posted:

Metal.

Metal can be fun and good, but there's this whole victim complex about Metal being outsider music when every time I'm aware of a stadium show, it's a Metal band. High Street stores sell Metal shirts. Go into a guitar store and 80% of the products are aimed at neckbearded shredders. Radio 2 play Disturbed and Ghost. My dad likes Metallica. The forced wholesomeness of like Jack Black and flashing the horns loving sucks. Walk down the high street of any mid to large city and like half of the guys between 18 and 40 are wearing a Slipknot shirt or whatever.

Thrash is great because its about getting hosed up in sweaty basements and drawing, like, a zombie president pressing the nuclear button and the songs are fast and short and the fashion is great and grindcore is similar and sing about killing Tories instead of dragons and hating your dad, but 7-string, multi-time signature libertarian guys loving suck.

Agreed. Mainstream metal also tends to be weirdly obsessed with excusing both thinly veiled and outright racism. Mention Phil Anselmo and the defense is immediately mounted. "But he said sorry!" gently caress that noise. I did hardcore drugs for 15 years and not once did I turn into a racist dickbag, on or off stage.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

My father was murdered by a group of anime fans leaving a convention

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
The decline and fall of the guys who quote Monty Python all the time seems to have passed with little comment or concern

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

AKA Pseudonym posted:

The decline and fall of the guys who quote Monty Python all the time seems to have passed with little comment or concern

We should bring this before the Ministry of Funny Walks

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

It’s because we didn’t tax… thingy… that we don’t have Monty python quotes anymore

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the #KHive

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

It’s because we didn’t tax… thingy… that we don’t have Monty python quotes anymore

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

Some of the most toxic people on Twitter. Just horrible.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
"Metalheads are open minded when it comes to how creative they'll insult you for not liking the same bands as them. Therefore we can say metalheads are just hipsters that are misgendered as goths."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdxFdubzvjw

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

People who are really into nerd culture can be awful.

Like, people who like nerdy things? Nice people, friendly, etc.

People who make “Nerd” their personalities? Just awful misogynists, make edgy 20-year-old gay jokes, gatekeepers, always talking loudly in catchphrases from some tv show, etc

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

And even when they’re not like bad people, try kind of cringe to be around

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Funko pops

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

the product? I think it uses non-toxic plastic

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Stink Billyums posted:

I remember when homestuck cosplay started getting banned from conventions because of the damage to the venues from their grey makeup getting everywhere

Sometimes I still think about the cosplayer who couldn't get body paint and tried to dye themself in a bathtub full of rubbing alcohol and grey sharpies, earning themself a hefty room fine and some skin damage.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MiracleFlare posted:

Sometimes I still think about the cosplayer who couldn't get body paint and tried to dye themself in a bathtub full of rubbing alcohol and grey sharpies, earning themself a hefty room fine and some skin damage.

what character were they trying to play as?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

verbal enema posted:

What does this mean my dude who placed last in the Zogo poll

Oh ok. So it’s like this

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
what the gently caress is a zogo poll?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

what the gently caress is a zogo poll?

Basketball thread stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

verbal enema posted:

Basketball thread stuff

so, like Space Jam poo poo? Michael or Lebron?