Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

Disco Pope posted:

Metal.

Metal can be fun and good, but there's this whole victim complex about Metal being outsider music when every time I'm aware of a stadium show, it's a Metal band. High Street stores sell Metal shirts. Go into a guitar store and 80% of the products are aimed at neckbearded shredders. Radio 2 play Disturbed and Ghost. My dad likes Metallica. The forced wholesomeness of like Jack Black and flashing the horns loving sucks. Walk down the high street of any mid to large city and like half of the guys between 18 and 40 are wearing a Slipknot shirt or whatever.

Thrash is great because its about getting hosed up in sweaty basements and drawing, like, a zombie president pressing the nuclear button and the songs are fast and short and the fashion is great and grindcore is similar and sing about killing Tories instead of dragons and hating your dad, but 7-string, multi-time signature libertarian guys loving suck.

Agreed. Mainstream metal also tends to be weirdly obsessed with excusing both thinly veiled and outright racism. Mention Phil Anselmo and the defense is immediately mounted. "But he said sorry!" gently caress that noise. I did hardcore drugs for 15 years and not once did I turn into a racist dickbag, on or off stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU