Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
so just fyi whilst normal plastic 3d printers arent great at printing tiny miniatures the epoxy resin printers are, and they're not that much more $. So just fyi if thats a thing you want to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Casual Encountess posted:

like you get extra points off the bat because i have an option to play as space muslims. i would try that game off that alone lmao.

like its cool that this isnt some dirka dirka jihad poo poo because we always get done dirty in games. like it sucks that for most of my life theres been a small but visibile group of racist wargamers present in larger communities ive been a part of and it was fuckin wild in the immediately post 9/11 years dealing with those dudes in local game stores. like a huge part of my exodus from Nerdy poo poo around then was super toxic levels of racism/queerphobia.

since my return a few years ago it seems people have mostly chilled the gently caress out which is a pleasant surprise. like in general, it seems that while theres still plenty of work to be done, a lot of nerd spaces are starting to not be 100% all of the time centered on white maleness and thats really cool and good. like theres still SO MUCH work to be done but i think these spaces in general, both online and off, have become more welcoming to newcomers and folks of all philosophies. like the general accessibility of things is just so night and day and im pleasantly surprised

we actually have a nb muslim in the group because haqqislam appealed to them. our group works hard to keep chuds out and the greater community makes sure toxic individuals know they're not welcome because most players are extremely dedicated and this game is so small we can't afford to have shitbags drive anyone off. the setting still has some rough stuff but that's to be expected from a weirdo galician who made a tabletop game based off of his gurps setting he created when he was a teenager

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

GURPS….. now there’s a name i haven’t heard in s long time

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

rotor posted:

so just fyi whilst normal plastic 3d printers arent great at printing tiny miniatures the epoxy resin printers are, and they're not that much more $. So just fyi if thats a thing you want to do.

the stuff that resin printing is doing now is insane. our group has like eight among us. the first person to get one printed up a frostgrave* warband in a few hours and brought them to play that night. from an arms reach you'd never know they were printed. another guy is going a 40k 3rd edition style blood angels army and he's found lots of metal space marine bodies from that era but most are missing arms. he found some stls that were 3d scans of those models, cleaned them up, and a friend is printing like 100 sets of arms and backpacks and you'd never know by sight that these weren't originals

*if people are looking for non-gw games, frostgrave is a fantasy, miniature-agnostic game thats very easy to play and lasts no more than an hour

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

idk poo poo about 3d printers, what do the resin ones do better than the plastic ones?

i did a bit of warhammer 40k as a kid but it was all pretty embarrassing because i was like just barely a teenager, if that when i played it. i'd go with my brother and just get stomped by everyone at the game store. i had a little necron army, the old metal ones with the pointy gun tips.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Eeyo posted:

idk poo poo about 3d printers, what do the resin ones do better than the plastic ones?

i did a bit of warhammer 40k as a kid but it was all pretty embarrassing because i was like just barely a teenager, if that when i played it. i'd go with my brother and just get stomped by everyone at the game store. i had a little necron army, the old metal ones with the pointy gun tips.

fine detail work

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
I feel very attacked.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Gonna be starting as a player a new Pathfinder 1e game. Doing the War for the Crown adventure path, so it's been recommended we play characters that would fit more in an intrigue and court/city game.

Unfortunately, my last PF1e char was a Bard, so I'm a bit knowledge monkeyed out.

What should I play?

My top 2 ideas so far:

Courtly Hunter - Human with Giant Weasel (Ermine) Companion - Not a noble, more of a useful functionary (detect poison, purify food & drink) that isn't super good at dealing with non-animals.

Vigilante - Human - use the adventure path's nobility feat for the Social side and play the vigilante side as more of a bruiser.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Weasel man

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

play the weasel with a regular sized human

Captain Foo posted:

GURPS….. now there’s a name i haven’t heard in s long time

if i recall correctly, steve jackson games was once raided by the united states secret service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

dioxazine posted:

play the weasel with a regular sized human

I can almost do that since the courtly hunter animal companion has the same int as a familiar of the same level, but since we’re staring from first level it’s only 6int