Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i feel for you booger baby and other goons with probable sleep apnea. pretty sure i'm the same. i ended up with floppy eyelid syndrome and the dr told me it's usually linked, and i have had trouble sleeping for many years.

it's a bit better these days as the pills i take for anxiety also help with sleep so i was told to take one before bed each night.

still get poor quality sleep often though. nothing worse than sleeping for 10 hours and still having no energy the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Night sweats loving suck. I used to get those all the time too but now only when I'm withdrawing from THC.

i don't get the sweats but when i take a weed break i do get the absolutely wild and super vivid dreams.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

The pills will knock you out but you'll still have sleep apnea so your sleep quality will be poo poo still. Sleep quality is key to getting restful sleep. If you google the term 'sleep architecture' and read up on it for a few hours there are some interesting articles on this. The R&D, and $$funding$$, is all in focusing on sleep apnea's effects on reducing strokes, heart health, and obesity or diabetes so its not brought up much in a dr's office.

You have to fix the sleep apnea to get good to decent quality sleep and fix your issue.

yeah i'm waiting to hear about when/if i can get a sleep study and get properly diagnosed. luckily i'm in a free healthcare country but it'll probably take a while because they're slow af with non emergency stuff.

i got an apology letter from the NHS after i finally had an operation on my eyelid and it was something like, "we aim to see patients with your circumstances within 90 days, we took 210, sorry about that"

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

dervival posted:

"oopsie poopsie we blew out your healthcare SLA by over twice as long as we expected, loving sucks to be you! bet you wish you had privileges huh"

ugh

i can't complain too much tbh, the actual treatment and stuff has been generally pretty good here in my experience, but as usual it's underfunded by the gov which causes half the problems.

even prescriptions are free here though which is great because i once looked up how much my medication would cost in the US and it was like $150 a month without insurance, and i'm currently unemployed so i would be screwed.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

Lucky indeed!

Usually the quickest, but lowest quality data, is to do a home sleep test. In lab is way WAY better data and data quality wise but can cost more too. But I guess you don't have to worry about that.

If you do the home test make sure to tape the probes in place. People pull them off all the drat time which is why the data quality is crap.

Poor quality data = doc has to guess or flip a coin on whether you do another sleep test.

thanks for the info. i do worry that i won't be able to get to sleep during the tests and my general anxiety doesn't help with that but it's worth a go. i always hear stories from people who get a cpap or whatever treatment for their sleep apnea and after one nights sleep they're like, "holy poo poo this is what it actually feels like to be well rested!"

and yeah i'm super lucky about it all being free which is why i try not to complain about stuff like waiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

dervival posted:

yeah, it's just frustrating that the people in power there are doing their best to undercut it to make it match the poo poo we've got here in the states. apologies if my venting seems like it was in support of anything else, just mad that the world is continuing to go to poo poo

and I misunderstand things easily

nah i get it dude, sometimes feels like for regular people everything is just getting worse non stop, no matter the country. does my head in as well but i just try to be happy with the good stuff i do have or i'd go insane.