Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

e: I finally found the Perkeo legendary card. How can I take advantage of its gimmick?

I've only gotten it once, but I used it to duplicate a planet card and add easy levels every round. If you get a tarot or planet in the shop that you want, it'll mean you always have one. The negative cards also sell for $4 instead of $1, which could be helpful even if you get one you don't really have a use for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Basically anything that says "destroy Joker" it won't do that for eternal Jokers, so do with that as you will. Don't just take what it says on the card at face value!

Yeah, eternal jokers are a double-edged sword that let you set up cool strategies that wouldn't otherwise be possible. It's kind of weird that they only show up halfway up the difficulty ladder.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Fuckin finally got the nest egg achievement, what a run. Just barely beat that last hand too. At one point I thought I'd hit another wall where the game would simply not offer me a money tag, but I saw a $5 for each blind skipped and said gently caress it - that netted me over $200 I used to fund the deck until I was left with 60. Thought I might use that to get the voucher achievement but lol:

I also did 25 re-rolls after that and no negative jokers :(

Aipsh fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 26, 2024

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Perkeo, if you have the upgrade that gives 1.5x mult to the planet card held in hand, it can get bonkers.

So for example, if you have Pluto in hand, it will create more Pluto cards which will give you that 1.5x bonus for making high card hands.

Now duplicate it with blueprint, etc etc.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

There should be a Joker that gives +2 Joker slots with a big downside imo

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I think a Blank Joker that just gave +1 Joker Slot and did nothing else would be very funny. On its own, it would be literally pointless. But...

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Color Printer posted:

I think a Blank Joker that just gave +1 Joker Slot and did nothing else would be very funny. On its own, it would be literally pointless. But...

there's several jokers that would benefit from it! i'd take it, honestly.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Color Printer posted:

Give it a secondary effect where each one owned increases the chance of more blanks showing up and it might have a niche in "number of jokers matter" setups. Shoot Abstract Joker's bonus into the stratosphere, add more sell value for Swashbuckler, etc.

Edit: I wonder if making each one count as a blank spot for Stencil would be too much...

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Conversely, if it's blueprintable you could have a sort of anti-Dusk thing going if overlimit jokers get cleaned up in the cash out phase--swap Blueprint to one for final hand, off for play.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

GET POWER

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Onmi posted:

GET POWER

Sock and Buskin should be on the left.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Kuros posted:

Sock and Buskin should be on the left.

Should have, yes. Unfortunately my run just died to deck size. It's hilarious my game was lagging from deck size.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

this is my worst hand of all time

i had the joker that adds a mult if you have 0 discards which was encouraging me to play a little riskier than usual already. the big blind had 1 in 7 cards are face down, and i had 3 7s and a face down card to the right of it for my last hand. after sorting by rank and suit, i had a feeling the 4th 7 was the one that was turned down so i went for it.

it turned out to be a steel 3, and instead of getting the multiplier i ended up 1 point short lmao

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I finally beat green stakes with the green deck, and this was by far my best hand:

I wanted to record this but ShareX didn't record it properly :argh:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So this whole time I thought Campfire required me to sell a Joker to upgrade it but today I spent more time looking properly at the description, realising it takes any card sold and

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Artelier posted:

So this whole time I thought Campfire required me to sell a Joker to upgrade it but today I spent more time looking properly at the description, realising it takes any card sold and

Definitely seeing the synergy with the card cloning legendary.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Artelier posted:

campfire goes extremely hard with vagabond

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I haven't had any Legendaries I think! Highest is Rare so far.

My synergy came from like 6 or 7 cards with Purple Chips and a high amount of Discards, so once I got Campfire I just didn't skip any blinds, and discarded liberally to get 3-10 Planet cards for free that I sold. Followed by shops where I bought more Planets and Tarots to sell. It helped that I had a few economy cards that I could just hang onto because Campfire was so strong every round so I was making lik 20 bucks per round, which I used to find more cards to sell etc...

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

It's hard for me to tell since I get it so rarely, but does Blueprint copy any Polychrome, Holographic, Foil, or Negative effects on the card to the right? Or just the text? I forgot to test it the last time I got it and haven't seen it since.

Orio
May 16, 2022

Artelier posted:

It's hard for me to tell since I get it so rarely, but does Blueprint copy any Polychrome, Holographic, Foil, or Negative effects on the card to the right? Or just the text? I forgot to test it the last time I got it and haven't seen it since.

Just the text, I think.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The composer threw the soundtrack on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnGQeVTt4KI

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Kins posted:

The composer threw the soundtrack on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnGQeVTt4KI

finally something to listen to as i fall asleep, dreaming of jonklers

Whistling Asshole
Nov 18, 2005

Artelier posted:

just the text AND there's a pretty high percentage of Jokers that don't work with it. was really disappointed the first time I bought it to use on a few specific Jokers in my deck and it didn't work with any of them.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I, uh, won that stake, lmao.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

What did your hand size end up being? I wonder if you stack too many Stuntmen you just end up with 0 hand size and auto-lose?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

roomtwofifteen posted:

What did your hand size end up being? I wonder if you stack too many Stuntmen you just end up with 0 hand size and auto-lose?
I assume thats the case, though stuntman's hand size effect takes place at the start of the ante for all hands in that ante so if you dont brainstorm it at round start you wont have any trouble (I was surprised that the effect wasnt dynamic between hands).

Also random interesting thing (that anyone with a lot of time in the game knows) is that "negative a random joker" becomes mpre expensive the more times you pick it, the first one removes 1 hand size the second one removes two more hand size etc. Four of them should end most runs I just havent been lucky enough to be offered it more than 3 times.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

roomtwofifteen posted:

Like 4-5, it only applies the -2 once.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Detheros posted:

Like 5-6, it only applies the -2 once.
Really, even without repositioning? I could have sworn that blueprint did apply the -hand size if its copyong it at round start (yeah thats brainstorm i'd just be surprised at a difference in behavior).

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

No repositioning, I was surprised as well.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Just had a run where I ended up with 49 out of 52 cards in the deck being gold. Scary Face, Midas Mask, Smiley Face, Pareidolia, Smeared Joker.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
FYI: If you're really stuck on Boss Blinds where you're given cards face down, you can use Tarot cards like the mult one to temporarily flip them over to see what they are.

E: also God gently caress Orange Stake. Even on 4x speed it's tedious holding R and playing a blind or two with ideal skips on Ante 1 only to find garbage Jokers or non-applicable cards or booster packs. You really need to find a +mult Joker ASAP or you can't keep up with the jump in blinds.

E2: If you're playing the checkered deck or any set where you've got a firm grasp on suits available, just discard a few and sort by suit and rank to figure out which is which. If there's an Ace/King/Queen heart in the middle, chances are the face-down cards to the left are spades and those to the right are hearts.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Mar 27, 2024

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

FYI: If you're really stuck on Boss Antes where you're given cards face down, you can use Tarot cards like the mult one to temporarily flip them over to see what they are.

!

Holy poo poo that is genius.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Skios posted:

Just had a run where I ended up with 49 out of 52 cards in the deck being gold. Scary Face, Midas Mask, Smiley Face, Pareidolia, Smeared Joker.

I was actually planning a run around almost this exact setup except with vampire in place of smeared

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Whistling rear end in a top hat posted:

just the text AND there's a pretty high percentage of Jokers that don't work with it. was really disappointed the first time I bought it to use on a few specific Jokers in my deck and it didn't work with any of them.

Is there a full list anywhere of which Jokers aren't compatible with Brainstorm/Blueprint?

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

Sit on my Jace posted:

Is there a full list anywhere of which Jokers aren't compatible with Brainstorm/Blueprint?

I would love to see a new feature where selecting the blueprint (like you were going to buy/sell it) would give some kind of indicator on the Jokers you have that are compatible. It would mean less guesswork when buying a Blueprint whether or not it's worthwhile. Well, it's almost always worth it, but might not be as worth it as you think.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol I finally got Yorick! It was on a plasma deck all in on chips.

Didn't hurt, at least.

e: Lmao Five Card Draw is an amazing challenge, I love it. It kind of broke my brain after playing normally so long

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 28, 2024

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

running into the flint on plasma deck feels like getting shot in the face

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

And that's black deck cleared on gold stake. That was harder than any of the challenges. I'm finding on high stakes that rerolling for tags in ante 1 is a waste of time and also boring. Every skip is a missed chance at the shop and finding a decent joker to start a build. It's worse on black deck because you've got to get a decent base early, and even clearing ante 1 big blind can be tough without a joker.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Mea Tulpa posted:

And that's black deck cleared on gold stake. That was harder than any of the challenges. I'm finding on high stakes that rerolling for tags in ante 1 is a waste of time and also boring. Every skip is a missed chance at the shop and finding a decent joker to start a build. It's worse on black deck because you've got to get a decent base early, and even clearing ante 1 big blind can be tough without a joker.

Congrats! I am working my way through the decks slowly and it will probably be a long time before I get there on black. I have been thinking on similar lines re:skips, glad to hear that it's not just me. Sometimes I will fish for a fun one just for the sake of variety though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
I've been playing for 80 hours and just cleared my last deck on green stake (painted deck, that lack of a joker slot is tough if you don't roll good jokers). Very close to completing the collection too but some jokers that I know I've unlocked refuse to ever show up, as well as the upgraded vouchers. I'm sure it'll happen eventually though.

It is funny reading the thread about the difficulty in getting the $400 achievement, when that was the first one I got after winning the game for the first time. I had the rocket since near the beginning and the To the Moon joker, on top of the boot that gives mult for money so that comfortably got me into endless. Still took me until yesterday to finally get a 100M hand/reach ante 12 though....