Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Well, I won the demo thanks to popcorn showing up before boss 5.

Seems like the winning strategy is to build your deck towards a specific archetype. Multiple times I've gone too strong into spare trousers to the point where full house became worse than two pair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

No Wave posted:

I only played a few games but it feels like you're supposed to play for two pair every time. Is uranus too inconsistent to make that reliable?

Two pair feels the most sustainable because it's the only easy hand where you only need four cards instead of five.
The two times I've won was with two pair only, and two pair fishing for full house, but I got close with straight once and slightly less close with flush.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Do you have to get the secret planet cards on a run where you use one of the corresponding hands, or does using a 'secret' hand permanently unlock them? Or are they just comically rare?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

MJeff posted:

This has gotta be my closest loss. Oh my god.

I lost an ante 8 blind by 48 dollars

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Which deck do you recommend for climbing stakes?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Doltos posted:

It gets pretty demoralizing not landing a single Jupiter when using the checkered deck in like 50 planet packs I wish it was a bit more forgiving

If it makes you feel any better, if you get telescope it just stops offering planet packs at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

uXs posted:

Very sensible. It starts with royal flushes, then you get royal straights and who knows where you end up?

My middle name is flush. That’s right, “Johnny Flush Five Aces”.