Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This is the only good dreckbuilder also I keep loving up

It's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Man, I keep farting out at ante 7 on white stakes. I just don't seem to get enough chips/multi to squeak past. I'm enjoying the black deck and buying out the store though

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Turns out I suck real bad at this game

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d11DS15AA7M

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CJacobs posted:

Trying to describe this game to people who don't play video games is a wonderful thing. It's a poker game! No not like that, there's no real money. No, and there's no dealer, you just select cards. And no, you're not playing against anyone. And there are cards that just change the rules spontaneously. Huh? Of course it's fun, it's one of the most fun games I've played in ages!

"It's video poker but you can cheat"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The joker that goes between 0 and 23 multi is the best and truest joker in the game

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Got to ante 10/8 on flushes and flush houses with the green deck but just didn't have the staying power to keep going. Then the Jokers I unlocked were ones that would have given me the staying power to keep going :v:

I'm going to miss buying out the store for every store lol

e: How have I played seven hours already

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tea Party Crasher posted:

How have you only done 7 hours?

I bought it yesterday

Also I won again, two pair and trousers is very funny

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The very large boss blind is a real bastard lol

Thanks for nothing royal flushes I failed to get

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

the holy poopacy posted:

At ante 12+ retriggering multiplier-multipliers on cards is the way to go. Steel cards, glass cards, polychrome cards with red seal and jokers that retrigger cards or have card based multipliers (Baron, Ancient Joker.) You also start to really want jokers that copy jokers. Billion-plus scores are usually made by stacking a lot of 1.5x multipliers.

I need to figure out how to get these more reliably, I'm still just squeaking in wins. Pretty reliably at least, but I've only gotten past ante 10 once

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Space Joker is also a bastardman

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Popete posted:

the house wins 99% of the time

Not when I shoot him and his robots with a plasma pistol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I thought XCOM prepared me for this

All those rookies, dead for nothing

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Doltos posted:

Small Brain: The Wheel is rigged
Big Brain: Flush draws are rigged because it's a flaw in the gameplay and they had to intentionally decrease a chance of pulling your suit because it's too easy

Every time I get a dominant suite I draw every single other card but that until they're gone

It's very annoying but it's so consistent you can just get the discard jokers and let them carry you lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wheel of Fortune may never hit, but Misprint is top-tier and always hits 18+

I'm sure it won't ever betray me

Harold Fjord posted:

I'm not sure I entirely understand skipping because it seems dumb and why would I ever do it

I guess it might be good if I don't need to build up a joker effect and there's no reward on the blind due to the level of stakes?

Doubling your money mid-game, or getting everything for free early, is extremely good. It's not always worth it but it can be

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Misprint betrayed me, ante 11 remains out of my grasp :negative:

I unlocked challenges though!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

No Wave posted:

You should always skip ante 1 small blind mega buffoon pack or +15 gold after boss (assuming those are possible, its been a while). And I assume that even die hard skip haters can see the value of skip for negative guarantee.

I never seem to get the negative guarantee unless I'm early and broke or full up on jokers and don't want to make hard choices

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

No Wave posted:

Full up? Thats when negative is good!

Wait, does it let you add it if you're full up before buying it? I didn't realize that lol gently caress

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lmao, bought Pareidolia right before The Mark because I have the checkered deck, flushes, the works. I beat it by guessing based on card sorting

Feels Good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stop giving me every single debuffed card at once at ante 10 holy poo poo lol

26 in a row :negative:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

15 minute city gets a little easier when you realize you can have multiple gaps with Shortcut for a straight, but lol Ride the Bus just sucks

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DaveWoo posted:

That challenge isn't too bad, you just need to make sure you're ramping up your Ride the Bus multiplier as much as possible. That should carry you through the first couple of antes, at which point you should be able to get more jokers to support you.

Or at least there should be a voucher that gives an extra booster in the shop

I beat it by totally ignoring RtB lol. Got a couple 1.5x multipliers too to ride it in

No Wave posted:

I was super mad doing that challenge today and was sure the shuffler was broken because I was drawing so many face cards. Eventually I figured it out.

Yeah lol, it's easier to just lean into them if nothing promising pops up

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How many bananas do I need to eat before the Cavendish gets unlocked?

Also gently caress the red deck. Every single time I get to ante 8 it just never draws what I've gone for with it and shuffles for the same number or type as what I just discarded forever

e: Got my answer and solved my problem with it and Blueprint lmao

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Mar 5, 2024

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's a pretty rude gently caress you to shove The Plant into the Mad World challenge

Just an instant lose if it doesn't give you the reroll option lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got 11 mil in one hand and hit ante 12. I didn't make it past 300 mil :v:

Not that it matters though but is the achievement bugged? I didn't hit it, but it relied on card sharp. Does it mean your first and only hand must be 1 mil?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

To be honest I like that it's varying levels of luck in challenges and stakes. It's a poker game, after all. Sometimes you win big and sometimes you get hard countered, the higher difficulties leaning more into luck seems fitting

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Every single time I get my economy going in the Omelette challenge it gives me nothing but high card until I lose

:negative:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

death cob for cutie posted:

... poo poo I just realized that negative consumables, like negative jokers, don't take up space

poo poo!

I haven't even seen negative consumables, where do you get them?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

And he tried to play it with a high card

What a rube

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

He wants to add a daily challenge mode and a lot of support in the future, that's rad

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He’s 100% right.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zamujasa posted:

i do wish jimbo had more lines and appearances, though. they should put in an option like old Hoyle Card Games that let you turn up how talkative he is, from "shows up at the end only" to "clowns on every single hand you play"

lmao

Do this and give each joker their own personality. Really piss the player off :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got Blueprint, Driver's License, and the Stone Joker on the Medusa challenge

Sometimes it's just that easy lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Plasma deck's just the spite deck right? It just gives you all of the jokers that you'd want in anything but Plasma so you can get the ones you'd want for it when you get annoyed and switch?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ugh I almost get to a basic win of Plasma and it throws Violet Vessel. At least I finally got the 400 buck achievement

e: Oh gently caress I sneaked it in lol

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 20, 2024

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ugggh I got four polychrome jokers on a two pair build using the anaglyph deck that was about to go to the moon

Then I forgot I used the ante down voucher and ran out of hands immediately after getting them and lost because I didn't build the mult up yet :negative:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Subjunctive posted:

What’s the value of the ante-down voucher? Don’t you want to get to 8 for the win?

It gives you time to build up cards that generate on plays, or get extra tags, etc. It drops the chip requirement to the last ante to do so so you basically go again. I don't like it late unless you're doomed and need more time to squeak to that ante 8 win but early it's valuable for building momentum

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Give me a negative tag please I have like eight double tags

e: It never did lol I hate you too anaglyph

War Wizard posted:

The fun thing about -1 ante is on the first ante, it'll take you to ante 0, and on ante 9 it'll take you back to ante 8 so you'll have to do a big boss again.

If you beat it once you can beat it again :v:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 20, 2024

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DaveWoo posted:

Just beat the Jokerless challenge - it's actually kind of fun once you get the hang of it. :toot:

Yeah, Anaglyph runs pretty much live or die on whether you get that sweet, sweet Negative tag.

I got to ante 11 anyway but man, that's frustrating to sit on lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Harold Fjord posted:

But it's harder to get a flush five in real poker

:agesilaus:

It depends on how quickly you want to get your rear end kicked