Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Uuuuugh I'm trying to get the "have $400" joker and am just not getting the starts, what's the best deck to use, checkered for the easy flushes, blue for the +1 hand that translates to +1 dollar early on, or the yellow for just the money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

lol Polychrome To-Do List starting on.....a Straight Flush.

Game is really shovin' it up my tail pipe tonight.

I think to do list should rarely require a 5 flush or flush house, just to gently caress with people.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

I really think there should be a voucher that lets you destroy cards in the shop for a small fee.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

DreadUnknown posted:

Balatro also has the right amount of weird art and music to be compelling, I'd buy it every time over something that looks like a bad horse game.

That game does have strong horse/“elsa gets a root canal” energy

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Finally got $400, it took too the moon, rocket, both extra antes and some luck with arcanas. I am still very bad at this game.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Got dealt a flush five for the first time on the last hand of the final boss, forgot I was running card sharp, rip.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Finally got a blue stake win and goddamn.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

I assume it's because Bloodstone gives a 1 in 3 chance to give a 2x multiplier.

The equivalent jokers for other suits aren't quite as strong.

I need the all sixes joker to make that consistent, it always lets me down in the end.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

aaaaaaa I just need the stone joker and I've filled out my joker collection. I saw it once when I was spam rerolling, but muscle memory clicked it away.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

TaurusTorus posted:

aaaaaaa I just need the stone joker and I've filled out my joker collection. I saw it once when I was spam rerolling, but muscle memory clicked it away.

Complaining works, now all I need is an orange stake victory to complete my collection entirely.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Artelier posted:

So this whole time I thought Campfire required me to sell a Joker to upgrade it but today I spent more time looking properly at the description, realising it takes any card sold and

Definitely seeing the synergy with the card cloning legendary.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

the holy poopacy posted:

Everyone loves checkered deck and abandoned deck but don't sleep on the erratic deck. Occasionally you get a mostly vanilla dud deck but you routinely wind up with 8-10+ of the same number, it's a blast being able to shoot for 3-4 of a kind right out of the gate.

Of course, straights might as well not exist, that's all abandoned deck.

I want the erratic deck, but purple stake hates me, so I can't even fail at orange stake yet.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

pisshead posted:

Turns out that 'play only one hand' means one hand in total, not one *type* of hand. Wasn't going to win anyway because no x-mult was coming up, but still an annoying way to lose. And I had a joker to disable the boss blind.

Do note that there is one that is "play only one TYPE of hand" also, don't get them confused like I do.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Just cleared purple on checkered, now I need to clear orange and I have all unlocks. Oof was purple hard and now I gotta deal with scaling costs?

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Yeah the early game is good but the switch to mult can get real rough.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Finally beat orange stake, of course it took checkered deck + smeared joker + ancient joker so it kinda autopiloted itself to ante 8, but I'm taking the win.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

pumpinglemma posted:

New best run on white stake/yellow deck: a deck consisting entirely of queens of hearts, half steel and half glass. Two triboulets doubling multiplier for every queen I play for x32 each, campfire with a stupid economy for x6-10, a polychrome family for x6, and a steel joker for x4.5. And it still died to the first blind of ante 14, getting 9.3e11 with an optimal hand out of 2.9e13 needed and ending at a mere 2e12. I think to take it further I would have needed mime and/or seltzer bottle and/or red seals... Still, at least I got the ROI and flushed achievements at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0DK-0fIKCw

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Tea Party Crasher posted:

I just had a brief glimmer of hope when I got a double tag and was able to open two mega buffoon packs and got hiker along with hack and mystic summit. I was quickly humbled by the wall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfBFSCjAeWc

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Mandoric posted:

$400 should eventually come naturally; at some point you'll have Rocket and Bull become a self-sustaining engine if you can feed it mult and xmult in the other three slots plus hand level, and if everything comes together by round 6 or so you can get even from $0 to $400 by the time it taps out. I think mine ended up with Baseball Card, Ramen, and Constellation on Nebula, with real basic stuff like Green Joker and Odd Todd filling in in the early game before I saw enough Plutos and Mercuries.

Also Anaglyph deck until you can cash in on a mega cash tag is how I got it

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Power of Pecota posted:

85 completed gold stake runs and I've got Completionist++! Chicot was the last one to cross off.

For most commonly used jokers:

20+: Supernova, Stuntman (da goat), Blackboard
15-19: Square Joker, Hologram, Vampire, Green Joker
10-14: Blue Joker, Card Sharp, Ride the Bus, Abstract Joker, Baseball Card

Glad to answer any questions~

Now start a new profile and see if you can beat your time

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Got my first gold clear. Liking the new patch, much easier for scrubs like me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU