Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Love when you have a flush deck absolutely singing and then ante 7 drops a debuff-your-suit boss blind with no way to remove it :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

the holy poopacy posted:

I swear when you take a skip for a shiny joker there is a 50/50 chance that it will be Popcorn/Icecream/Gros Michel.

I got a first shop polychrome joker last night, and it was ice cream

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Relyssa posted:

i need to hook up something to my computer to give me a strong electric shock whenever i play less than five cards into the psychic

Same except when I accidentally only select four cards when playing a straight or flush build

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

War Wizard posted:

Edit: oh and does wheel of fortune actually work? I've used it like 8 times and it's always a nope. With ¼ odds I should have gotten something by now.

:xcom:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I remember Luck Be a Landlord, a roguelike that uses a slot machine as its core mechanic, had similar issues. Apparently ratings boards can't tell the difference between mechanics from gambling games and gambling mechanics.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I still won so I shouldn't complain but man nothing like dying sooner than you should with a flush five deck because you still had 12 copies of your main card in the 16 cards remaining.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Mesadoram posted:

Does the order of the jokers on top matter at all?

Yes, they go off left to right. For jokers that say something like "all Spades give +4 Mult" you don't have to worry about it, but any joker that directly gives you 2x Mult or whatever you should put at the end. Doubling Mult is more effective when you have more Mult to double, obviously.

Incidentally the same applies to playing cards. Make sure your glass cards are on the right!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

mystes posted:

make this one the thread title imo

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

DaveWoo posted:

kind of tempted to see how far i can go with this lol

Toss a square joker in there and grab some high card planets and baby, you've got a stew going

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Give a free common joker at the start of the run if you cleared the first ante last game imo

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Hey now that the Arm can't debuff you below level one can we do something about the Tooth sending you into negatives?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

How do multiple retriggers work? If I have a red seal on a card getting a retrigger from a joker, does that play three times or four?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Einwand posted:

Retriggers stack additively.

Thanks. Had a very close run with the plasma deck where I wasn't sure which cards to make bonus where retriggers were a major factor of the last hand. Won, but good to know for next time.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

blizzardvizard posted:

I just saw there's an "Unlock All" button in the Profile menu, is that gonna unlock everything in the Collection? Is there any downside to clicking it at all? I wanted to unlock everything first before doing Gold attempts but I'd rather not fish for four 7 of Clubs and stuff if I don't have to

It disables achievements. Whether this matters or not is up to you.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

it's actually fine if some jokers are weaker than others

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Turns out Castle, Cavendish, and double Ride the Bus on Abandoned Deck is pretty strong

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Tried to get the 100,000,000 point hand to unlock that joker, ended up going quite a bit beyond

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I had a run last night with an early negative egg and midgame swashbuckler that later offered me a holo knife. I ended up declining it but that was not an easy choice.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I finally unlocked erratic and oh no my probability heuristics

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

pumpinglemma posted:

Might be square joker? It’s trash when you get it, but if you spend the entire game crippling your economy to level it up with two pairs, it will remain trash because four chips per hand is nothing. Might also be red card, which is a $5 joker that does absolutely nothing unless you’re willing to throw a vast amount of money down the toilet. Golden ticket, lucky cat and the assorted stone jokers all seem super-niche as well.

Like, at least with matador there are rare situations where you can see at the moment it’s in the store that holding onto it until the boss is going to be worth $20 or so, and in those situations I would buy it if I had a slot free. I’m trying to think of a situation where I’d ever buy square card or red card and outside of immediately destroying them with campfire or ceremonial dagger I can’t.

...why would you exclusively play two pair with square joker? That's a fantastic card in high card builds.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Veryslightlymad posted:

I'm filled with rage at how consistently people can get duplicates/exactly what they want in a deck. I know how to, but it never appears with anywhere near the frequency I see.

It's worth remembering you are seeing people posting the runs that really took off, but all the runs on the cutting room floor get left out. I've had a single run break into scientific notation, but I've had dozens of runs where I've held R to reset after ten minutes.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Relyssa posted:

Hanged Man is a card I really did not give enough attention early on. If you want to dupe the good stuff you have to remove the not good stuff as well.

You can even effectively use them during a round as an additional draw 2 effect--delete the two cards you don't want, play/discard five cards, and you'll draw seven. It's one of the few tarot cards I'll almost always pick up when it's on sale as a singleton.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I've never been able to make Campfire work, are y'all running tarot engines to get cards to sell or what?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

is the patch on the main branch yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Tea Party Crasher posted:

They nerfed bloodstone???

I haven't played the beta branch but I believe they upped the proc chance from 1/3 to 2/3. So compared to the main branch this means it'll be more consistent but won't have the same blowout potential.