Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
how dare you make a thread for a game i can't play anymore of because i am not in the playtest yet and already played the demo a lot >:I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
These booster packs feel way better. I assume this means the decks with the free planet and tarots are out tho.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
who is the least popular streamer there so i can get a steam key, ho ho ho

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh that twitch thing is going on.

wonder how the key giveaway thing would work, could i time it to just jump in the twitch of whoever is in the lead in the last second and get lucky and grab a key? i dunno how twitch works.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wow, the release is 5 days after my birthday, its a present just for me <3

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the planet cards that upgrade stuff like five of a kinds in the demo are new right? fan of that change if so.

game really just scratches the same itch in my head of tiny rogues or something, broken build simulator, but way more relaxing cause its just cards B)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
they both feel good to me though yeah you can easily get screwed by rng, more so the tag one than tarot. tarot seems good for like quickly getting your deck off the ground. but you run out of the initial resource pretty quick, but the crystal ball is a nice bonus on top.

double tags can end up pretty feast or famine but you can really gorge your self when its feast. double packs can be really good, especially if you get a spectral.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This demo in particular feels very well tune in a way I don't enjoy? I mean I don't expect the game to show off all decks and cards for the demo of course but as someone who played the previous ones all the stuff in it feels like its pointing you in the direction of a few different strategies. Which is probably good for people whose first experience with Balatro is this demo but, I dunno.

Well whatever whenever the complete game comes out its going to be the game of the century and we are going to start talking about video games in post and pre Balatro terms.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
just checked, the game is out

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
not. u got trolled. bitches.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hearing rumors the balatronnites are "storming" the capital demanding that balatro is released early

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Popete posted:

IThe Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Balatro: JUST PLAY IT

balatro: the hit new game they are going to make a million clones of

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

No Wave posted:

This blind's description isnt clear enough. Everyone has this initial reaction including me. It only gives you face down cards after you play a hand not after you discard, so you can discard face downs and get face ups.

i didn't had that reaction because i am smart and read carefully, teehee

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah you can totally just force through flush decks even if you are built around the one they are targeting with the right set of jokers.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i got a lot of use out of the legendary joker where you destroy face cards, that is a fun one

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

TwoStepBoog posted:

The wheel of fortune is not happy with me--that's okay, I'll still keep buying that garbage.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if you have a lot of stuff that triggers if held at the end of the round you often find yourself wanting to play less than five cards.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Popete posted:

Where are my fellow discard freaks?

*raises hand B)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I like picking it up no matter what because I get ot play the game more, yay more game!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

that would be my job

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
it was pegi

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Don't worry folks, I am showing the rating boards Richard Garfield's lectures on randomness in games. They are all nodding their heads along so I'll get this issue solved up shortly.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
People's reactions to Wheel of Fortune is probably why other video games lie to you about the odds.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this joker says, gently caress you!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
smh at the fools who don't respect solitaire

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i think every joker is beatiful in its own unique way

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Insert bell curve meme with the nerd crying about optimizing your score in the middle and the two guys on either end saying lol just play whatever and watch the number go up

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
jimbo should be telling me his gently caress up philosophy and showing me grisly crime scene photos

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the true final boss of balatro is finding a way to stop playing balatro constantly

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Your Computer posted:

please help me uncover this deep lore

the balatro wiki says that the driver's license has the name "jeb joker" and has this image to go with it

it makes no mention of any other name, nor have i seen anyone else talk about this.

HOWEVER

in my game her name is CLEARLY "jen joker"

you have been asking too many questions. the allegiance of jokers is sending someone over. leave your front door unlocked, it will be a friendly chat.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
A joker that lets you reroll those types of jokers would be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

they should give oscars to video game mods