Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

some runs are hard
some runs give you 3x Polychrome Photographs, a Ramen, Four Fingers, and 100+ cash to enable absolute nonsense
(Note: 3x Polychrome Photographs achieved via Aura(Hex?) for Polychrome, Ankh +selling every other Joker for a second polychrome photograph, and an Invisible Joker for the third.)
anaglyph is usually famine, but when its a feast its a feast.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jan 30, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

soon, soon there will be cards

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

got a Soul card in my tarot booster pack, so I guess that lil guy can show up wherever

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

oooh. joker turtle bean is fun. +5 hand size, -1 per round? why yes, i would like to hold a good quarter+ of my deck.

wonder if we'll get inverted tarot later

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

help

e: eight jokers, mostly trimmed deck down to ~4 numbers, one jack, and three suits
the legendary cards are invaluable here, you see Soul pop up somewhere you scrap a joker to get it if you have to
e2: triboulet for example? 2x multiplier on every King and Queen scored. things are practically I Win buttons if you can use em

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Feb 21, 2024

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

huh. turns out that while debuffed cards dont score, their hands still will. take that Window.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

blargh. managed to spoil a winning black deck run earlier by not paying attention to hand count. a stencil, a negative stencil, some other negative, and a few other jokers.
Which does bring me to this: Stencil, even full up on jokers, was still a 2x multiplier.
Might've been something more to it, but if not hey, free 2x multiplier at minimum if you see it.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

absolutely bonkers luck. run still going. dont think i owe any infernal powers for this, not entirely sure though

e: instant hubris karma as the very next small blind got me. still, gives a good idea of what its gonna take to crack the highest Ante's
e2: yknow what thats probably enough balatro for one night, got some good unlocks that'll really help future runs

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Feb 22, 2024

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

WarEternal posted:

Woah, is that getting to 13 or finishing 13? I can't quite remember how it's set up from the UI.

I can pretty consistently win on white stake with every deck but black now. I haven't gotten past the 300m small blind at 12 yet, though.

Unrelated: I'm pretty sure the seeds for runs are super specific, like you'll even draw the same cards? Might be fun to share seeds and record runs to see how different people go about playing the same seeds.

Finished 13, lost on 14/Small Blind. As it happens, did get the endscreen for this:

Jokers think depend on personal unlocks, but the seed may still be useful anyways. Best of luck with it.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

ooh front page, nice

and yeah, Triggers are King as one Triboulet (2x Multiplier on King/Queen scoring) shows.
...buuut with the important caveat that Retriggs are only as useful as the cards getting retriggered.
Some extra chips are nice, but disgusting multiplier stacking is the real good stuff.

e: some vaguely useful fun numbers for the front page and folks; E.G. Why extra triggers and effects proccing off triggers are important

quote:

Let's start with a basic Glass card.
That's a 2x (2x) Multiplier, simple enough.
Now let's make it a Polychrome Glass card.
Now it's 2x/1.5x (3x). A little better.
And let's give it a Red Seal. Red Seals cause a played card to trigger an additional time, and both the above effects are applied on trigger.
So, this would give it 2x/2x/1.5x/1.5x (9x)!

But we're just getting started.
Say this cards a king and you have, yes, Triboulet.
Now it's 2x/2x/2x/2x/1.5/1.5. (36x) Juicy, powerful, liable to explode don't worry about that.

Now let's put a Blueprint left of it, for another 2x/2x.
2x/2x/2x/2x/2x/2x1.5/1.5. (144x)

And lets add... Oh, Sock and Buskin. Now, this ones special, giving another trigger to face cards. So that (144x) becomes...
2x/2x/2x/2x/2x/2x//2x/2x/2x//1.5/1.5/1.5 (1728x)

and what the hell, we're this deep in lets slap a Brainstorm on the right (still keeping Blueprint and Triboulet neighbors), duplicating Sock and Buskin.
2x/2x/2x/2x2x/2x/2x/2x/2x/2x/2x/2x/1.5/1.5/1.5/1.5 (20736x)

now that's a big multiplier! except no, it's just one card. You get up to five.
[1]: (20736x)
[2]: (429,981,696x)
[3]: (8,916,100,448,256x)
[4]: (184,884,258,895,036,416x)
[5]: (3,833,759,992,447,475,122,176x)

and let's not forget steel cards for an extra 1.5 each, or a joker to trigger those again or planets buffing base multiplier and chips-
Look, you get the point.
Even under actual, non-theoretical limits, triggers are important and if anyone would actually reaches nevermind clears Ante 16 without severe trigger abuse I'll be shocked.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 22, 2024

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

tacked on... something? putting emphasis on the value of triggers to this post. no secret tricks, but has big multipliers
(or TLDR the best possible deck I can think of consists almost purely of Red Sealed Glass Polychrome Queens or Kings, with a few steel cards to spice and god help you actually making that happen)

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

The basic +4 mult joker is good and a friend. a simple, decent ability to help in early antes. think its even cheaper than other commons.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

ooh. ooooh. red seal works on cards in your hand, too. double steel here we go :getin:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

h u h. nother bit of trivia: Riff-Raff can mint Negative jokers. neat.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

President Ark posted:

holy poo poo. riff-raff (the joker that gives 2 common jokers every blind) can give you negative jokers

:allears:
riff-raff could be an uncommon card given all the value its gives. it prints a lil money, it makes some useful jokers, its just one of the best cards to pick up early.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

studio mujahideen posted:

well its not getting better than this for me. blueprinted a triboulet. has the face cards trigger twice joker. and the one that makes everything retrigger on the final hand. got a negative baron too, but it barely mattered

I think this is the new top record hereabouts? :golfclap:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

I suspect eternal is going to be very useful at times. On one hand, can't destroy the things. On the other, can't destroy the things.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

ooooh. thats a tough one. good to burn money before grabbing a spectral pack, but its not guaranteed to have (rare joker/lose all cash) one, might even mostly seals.
then again the duplicate joker after three rounds is always powerful, but you have to make it long enough for it to work. and find a joker worth duplicating.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

SirFozzie posted:

This guys makes me look like an idiot at this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0WovJ9ogVc

(there's another one out there on the plasma deck that somehow reduced his deck to 28 King of Hearts (some with Planet creation, some with Retrigger that the score needed Exponential notation 77 to show (to compare, a million million is just e12)

This is the video(s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCcj4Agqm2A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEsegOW8MCY

(warning, 5+hour run that goes from start to Ante TWENTY TWO)

t... twenty two? i know the mode says endless, but the game only having up through ante 16 in the collection kinda had me thinking it was, y'know, the limit? well. hm.
e: was that a whole nother flame color? jesus
e2: does the idol only select from owned cards? pretty much never touched the thing since it seemed so unreliable

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 25, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

It's only one in a thousand. but boy, you will feel that one in a thousand.