Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
If you're having trouble with the dominator in PvE I recommend barrage or deadeye and saving your ult

2 dps ults usually kills the dominator for us, pretty straightforward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Necrothatcher posted:

Okay the T-Rex was pretty fun.

Yeah that was pretty kickass

sponszi
Dec 15, 2013
A little more info on Alpha Skywave dropped

"By default, Skywave has abilities that allow it to attack or interfere with enemies while healing allies, including its default weapon the Aether Lance, and the active skill Optics Jammer. So the main strategy when using this Exosuit is deciding whether to be attacking or healing at any given time.

However, the Alpha variant’s main weapon is the Tempest Lance, which allows you to choose between two different moves depending on whether or not you’ve charged the attack up: an offensive attack or a charged bolt which hampers enemy movement. This means players will have to switch between using their main weapon on enemies and their active skill when they want to heal their allies. So, all in all, you have to get into quite a different strategic mindset with the Alpha, which I think should be a lot of fun."

Not being able to heal except with her jammer is pretty aggressive, curious to see how she plays out leaning super hard into the CC aspects

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

God drat it's annoying when people don't get that the more team members are in the defense zone the faster it charges.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Necrothatcher posted:

God drat it's annoying when people don't get that the more team members are in the defense zone the faster it charges.

I'd assumed that since that's how it is in Overwatch, but there's never anything that actually says that, I don't think. Does the memory cube move faster the more people there are? I think I remember Overwatch working that way, too.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Yup, the cube hauls rear end with everyone nearby, but there's only the tiniest little arrows to show this at the objective bar.

Actually the speed caps at 3 players if twitch chat can be trusted. They screamed this at the streamer where I went to get this shot

And 4 for point defense.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 23, 2023

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Holy poo poo that final mission.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Any goons wanting to team up for some action?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I know people like to poo poo on Penny Arcade, but this seems pretty accurate.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Every so often, they drop a good one

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Tale as old as time~

So, I'm trying to love this game. As a lover of EDF and Dino Crisis 2 and Darktide and so on, I love the idea behind this game of team-based dino genocide and while I could do without the PvP portion and the unfair team balance from module upgrades and how they ruin the whole switching roles concept due to sunk cost and microtransactions and yadda yadda, I can reluctantly accept it to spice things up.

But what's really bothering me right now is the long wait until 'it gets good'. The matches I've been in so far have felt very incredibly boring, repetitive and devoid of challenge or satisfaction, even if I were to charitably treat them as tutorial levels. Now, I've seen the sneak peeks of the eventual new dinos and big boss raids that you get as you go through the story, and I really want to do those. What I'm worried about is what's detailed in reviews like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o-G0sk906E, that even though the game does slowly open up with greater variety of modes and dinos and so on, you will still spend an inordinate of time in content that is way beneath you because the game matchmakes you to be a teammate for other people making their way up the progression and still in the tutorial stages, rendering your progress mostly moot and leaving you stuck in a loop. Call me selfish if you like, but if that's the case, I don't have the will to continue: therefore I'd love to know everyone else's experiences on whether this is the case, and if it is, is there anyway to avoid it, etc.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I can't seem to get the 10K damage tanked with the samurai. He's level six but I still haven't got it.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

There's like 10 hours before the first progression unlock, and a total of 20 hours before it seriously ramps the difficulty up. It's the game's biggest flaw. Followed by poor marketing. But yeah... like everything in this game, the matchmaking does get better over time.

I'm past the story now and getting starter missions "only" like a 5th of the time. It mostly pulls mid-game missions and they scratch the same itch as Vermintide and Left 4 Dead for me. The rarity of high end mission make them feel like an event. I wouldn't want them exclusively because they can be exhausting, though it would be nice if they were more frequent. I'm still seeing new set pieces and even new enemies when I get them. I'm unsure if it keeps unlocking enemies by level progression or if the high end missions are just so rare that I haven't seen it all yet.

The starters aren't terribly interesting. I keep myself busy healing or going for the high score. If you do make it to this point, you can just leave the starters and roll the dice again.

I'm biased cause I like dinos, mechs, rogue AI, time travel, stupid poses and casual pugs. And I love Leviathan's voice. This was made for me, and even then it was rough getting through the slow start.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jul 25, 2023

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Lammasu posted:

I can't seem to get the 10K damage tanked with the samurai. He's level six but I still haven't got it.

I think it's damage blocked, not tanked, unless you're using them as the same.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

10 Beers posted:

I think it's damage blocked, not tanked, unless you're using them as the same.

I figured it out. Kind of vague on a lot of these achievements.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

10 Beers posted:

I'd assumed that since that's how it is in Overwatch, but there's never anything that actually says that, I don't think. Does the memory cube move faster the more people there are? I think I remember Overwatch working that way, too.

This is partially right, I know for the cube the max speed is at 3 people since you can see the number of arrows and colour doesn't change if there 4 or 5 ppl in there but I can't remember if this is the same for the hold the area points too.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Area defense has 4 gold arrows and doesn't increase when a 5th player is in or decrease when they're out.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Okay, Savage Gauntlet goes hard and is pretty short. A good combo for fixed encounters. My group wiped twice and finished at 8 minutes.

It was rough with randos, but it feels like it's doable in one try. Helps that there's a higher competency level since beating the story is required.

Edit. OK, 3 runs in and not sure how I feel about it. Placed top 40% after a triple Barrage pug. Kinda want to keep going at it, but it's so sweaty... Probably way more fun if you're into pre-mades.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jul 28, 2023

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

Savage Gauntlet is a real mixed bag with pubbies. Plus the sweaty tryhards will quit out if things aren't to their liking.

In my experience, the bots are an improvement though.

Open Layer
Apr 16, 2008

Played 3 rounds of savage gauntlet with randoms and got a top 10% time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I have no doubt that there was a large slice of luck involved in ending up with competent players.

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

Just failed the Neo-T-Rex fight because the pubbies couldn't avoid the succ move twice in a row. Leviathan told me I shouldn't be afraid to be a Tommy Tryhard.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Levi rewards a go getter attitude.

Unlike a t-rex.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Beat the "story" last night, and ran a few Savage Gauntlets afterwards.
Is uh, is that all there is to the gauntlet? Or did I miss a secret round or something?

Open Layer
Apr 16, 2008

Have you put the i in strivicationality?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I stopped my stream like 3 times last night in an attempt to google that word, cause it sounds fake as hell.
I either could never spell it right each time, or I was right and it isn't a word.

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

Every month is t-rex awareness month.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Hogama posted:

Area defense has 4 gold arrows and doesn't increase when a 5th player is in or decrease when they're out.

With the exception of the 10 player raids where you need 5 people for gold arrows on area defense.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
How do I get out of the Nei T-Rex's endless puking attack as a character that can't climb ledges like Deadshot? Had a successful run as Witch Doctor against him except that I died to that move every single time. I saw pillars rise that were presumably for avoiding that attack but they always spawned across the arena from me and they were too tall to jump on to.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

You're making me second guess myself, but I think everyone can mantle those pillars. Climbing should start when you hold jump near the edge
I double-checked in the training area. Holding forward after jumping makes you climb up. Anyone other than a pilot suit should make it up.

You're out of luck if you're on the other end of the arena though. Hopping to reduce ground contact helps a little, but you need heals to make it a long distance.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 31, 2023

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

How do I get out of the Nei T-Rex's endless puking attack as a character that can't climb ledges like Deadshot? Had a successful run as Witch Doctor against him except that I died to that move every single time. I saw pillars rise that were presumably for avoiding that attack but they always spawned across the arena from me and they were too tall to jump on to.

Hope and pray you're just close enough for your rescue leap to get you close enough before you take too much damage.
Another reason why I give everyone the catapult rig, I need that escape option at all times.
I also have to imagine it frustrates an enemy dominator when I just keep hopping over their heads.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I'm actually thinking of 100% this game. The only really challenging achievement will be killing ten dinos without a suit in one run.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Lammasu posted:

I'm actually thinking of 100% this game. The only really challenging achievement will be killing ten dinos without a suit in one run.

Easy enough.
Do it whenever you happen to load into the game where leviathan summons the raptors on the bridge. Just fire into the pack endlessly.
I happened to do mine during the first(?) Durban arena thing, where all the raptors swarm you from on high. Just fired into the pack endlessly.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

They posted another steam update about the variants. The notable part though is that alphas become available when a suit reaches level 20.

It seems they'll be using a mix of old and new class modules. There'll be 34 new mods total, including common pools. The new class mods are unlocked by leveling the suits further.

It's safe to assume the season 3 beta suits require maxed alphas, though that's like 6 months away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
This game heckin owns.