Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
go ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

never seen it op

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

trying to jack off posted:

never seen it op

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

It came out when I was in college op and I went to see it with a group from my dorm. I liked the soundtrack but even at the time I thought the central message that sleeping with Natalie Portman can cure depression was pretty funny. I’ve never watched it since

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I've never seen it, dated a girl with the poster on her wall, worst relationship of all time

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
cool. thanks for sharing everybody, i know it isn't easy. also, try to keep this a safe space for others, the thread only works if people feel comfortable admitting they've watched this! :)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

whats it about? is it good?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Going off memory for a film I saw like 17 years ago: Zac Braff plays a depressed loser working in a restaurant. He returns home for his moms (?) funeral and reconnects with his scumbag high school friends. He meets manic pixie dream girl Natalie Portman who is epileptic and has to wear a helmet to work. They go on some ~*wacky adventures*~ and take a bath together. At the end of the film she’s crying because he’s going back to his home… or will he??? The soundtrack is the greatest weepy indie hits of the early 2000s.

No

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Watched it, didn't like it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

Going off memory for a film I saw like 17 years ago: Zac Braff plays a depressed loser working in a restaurant. He returns home for his moms (?) funeral and reconnects with his scumbag high school friends. He meets manic pixie dream girl Natalie Portman who is epileptic and has to wear a helmet to work. They go on some ~*wacky adventures*~ and take a bath together. At the end of the film she’s crying because he’s going back to his home… or will he??? The soundtrack is the greatest weepy indie hits of the early 2000s.

No

Oh yeah, really sounds like something 16 year old me would go watch with his friends right after walking tall and team america lmfao. why the gently caress would i have watched this in highschool op?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Oh yeah, really sounds like something 16 year old me would go watch with his friends right after walking tall and team america lmfao. why the gently caress would i have watched this in highschool op?

maybe you went out to the movies with a girl

I remember this movie being pretty cringe but hey, New Jersey is ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

New Jersey is ftw

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

P-Mack posted:

maybe you went out to the movies with a girl

I remember this movie being pretty cringe but hey, New Jersey is ftw

my first date with my first girlfriend was seeing borat lmfao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

never seen it op

same. couple of my friends got really into it and then by extension The Shins. that was a really loving annoying summer.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

tmfc posted:

same. couple of my friends got really into it and then by extension The Shins. that was a really loving annoying summer.

lmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lol hell yeah.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I was in college when it came out, OP.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao hell yeah

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I was in college when it came out, OP.

ok well not a safe space for the elderly is it? vote one and move on

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’ve never seen it, which is good because I was probably the exact person to get really annoying about it if I had seen it in high school a few years after it came out. Was a big Shinshead back then…

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

i watched all three of those movies in high school, easily

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i havent seen this movie but

P-Mack posted:

New Jersey is ftw
yep

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

I had a friend in highschool that went through a phase of defining her personality by her obession with this movie and I permanently damaged that friendship by telling her that the soundtrack to Shrek was better and she should consider it instead.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
this thread is for her and others like her. i hope she's ok

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Cousin Foomin posted:

I had a friend in highschool that went through a phase of defining her personality by her obession with this movie and I permanently damaged that friendship by telling her that the soundtrack to Shrek was better and she should consider it instead.

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Cousin Foomin posted:

lol

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

rented this with my first gf and even the aforementioned summary of the film does not bring back any memory of it at all, but I do remember thinking it was fine.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Cousin Foomin posted:

lmao

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I loved it when it first came out but it only took me like a year or two after to come out of my shell enough to not be a sad sack of poo poo all the time and get really embarrassed about ever liking it. It kind of ruined The Shins for me for a while too.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Cousin Foomin posted:

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
I didn't see it because I already lived in new jersey and already adept at creating a fictionalized version of reality in my head.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bump. wifes talkin about watching it...

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Be strong, brother. Bros gf convinced us to watch igby goes down and cackled like a witch when I said it was a bigger piece of poo poo than garden state

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/SOPROSOCIAL/status/1750595155353026567

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lmfao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I watched this but it was an illegal screener version or something because it would just randomly go black and white for like 10 minutes in the middle of the movie.

Got the sound track at Best Buy the next weekend. Based my look off JGL. The whole nine yards.

edit wait JGL was 500 Days not this, but the point still stands.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

American McGay posted:

I watched this but it was an illegal screener version or something because it would just randomly go black and white for like 10 minutes in the middle of the movie.

Got the sound track at Best Buy the next weekend. Based my look off JGL. The whole nine yards.

I wish this thread wasn't a safe space....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

also had the soundtrack, and watched it with a girl who wanted to re-watch it everytime we met and I managed to steer us to something else with 50% success. being 15 was cringe

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!