Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Seriously tho heart will go on is pretty awesome celion dion can belt some poo poo out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Schweinhund posted:

I was able to recreate the last moments of the Titan submersible.

https://tinyurl.com/2vrh4zrz

It's exactly as I envisioned.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

I'm also reminded of the time when I was a kid and made an A-frame "shelter" out of some lovely logs and sticks. I was laying in it, just chilling out reading a book and heard a creaking noise. I was like "Hmmm. That's interesting."

Then the structure I had built with my own hands had a catastrophic failure and collapsed.

I suppose I'm wondering if there was a bit of a creaking sound that was audible just before they ignited (diesel power) and were then crushed/extinguished.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Blow posted:

I suppose I'm wondering if there was a bit of a creaking sound that was audible just before they ignited (diesel power) and were then crushed/extinguished.

guess you're all lubed up and ready to go but until this one detail is ironed out you can't start really going to town

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

guess you're all lubed up and ready to go but until this one detail is ironed out you can't start really going to town

gently caress off mate.

I'm all about the science my dear goon.

:science:

E: I suppose most things when you increase the pressure make sounds. So maybe the thing was popping and creaking all the way down?

Blow fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jun 23, 2023

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Close this thread and start a part 2. The Aftermath..

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

ded posted:

reportedly they said they had a hull problem at 13k feet and had dropped weights. That is 392.55 atm of pressure

https://bluerobotics.com/learn/pressure-depth-calculator/?input=13000ft

they got turned into paste in an instant when it imploded

Isn't it more likely that the incredible heat produced vaporised them and what wasn't dissolved into the ocean bubbled up to the surface like a fart in a bathtub?

Gorfob
Feb 10, 2007
I have very much enjoyed this ride even with a very predictable outcome.

5 stars. Minimal chance of implosion.

KIEFGIVER
Jun 16, 2023

by vyelkin
RIP Chode sub

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Isn't it more likely that the incredible heat produced vaporised them and what wasn't dissolved into the ocean bubbled up to the surface like a fart in a bathtub?

bet you've got something else bubbling up thinking about it (it's cum)

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

bet you've got something else bubbling up thinking about it (it's cum)

someone get duskdev on the phone i just had a great idea for iron lung 2

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

ethanol posted:

people saying its normal to use that controller are absolutely hosed btw. unlike a video game where you can set them down or literally throw them in the case of Stockton rush because it might fall in such a way as to maneuver the sub in some way which kills you. You can bind a button that you have to hold down but now it becomes unintuitive and uncomfortable. It's not even waterproof lol. I don't care that it's not what killed him it's going on the list. this is after I watched the tweet where he explains throwing the controller around to people and lets them drive

Stockton should be at the top of every engineering failure powerpoint they give at all the engineer schools. right next to tacoma narrows, challenger, rbmk reactors etc.

he failed at every thing god bless

:emptyquote:

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Hey everyone, I'm arranging trips to the bottom of the river Thames to view the wreckage of a 1992 Vauxhall Astra. £250 a go. Any takers?

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

Whoever dropped “did they find all the small things” in the press conference live chat deserves the Medal of Freedom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

hey dudes, just taking a massive poo poo and i hears some sort of creaking noise? you reckon something's wrong?