Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Shinjobi posted:

my wife and I got a print out submariner "license" because we got in some touristy mini sub in Cozumel, Mexico.

I will use these qualifications to answer any and all questions the thread may have

Why aren't you saving them right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

super sweet best pal posted:

We're clearly operating under ork design principles.

Should have painted it blue before setting out.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Senor Tron posted:

Depends how well the CO2 scrubbers work. If they just run out of Oxygen yeah. If the CO2 builds up it's more like the experience of trying to breath with a plastic bag over your head.

There's a Monty Hall documentary about diving the Blue Hole where he puts on a rebreathing rig without a filter to cause the effect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYuMN206Jzo&t=1570s

He managed about four minutes directly rebreathing his own air, not sure how long five people in a small tube would make it.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Wizard Master posted:

if your first reaction to seeing this story is to focus on the fact that they could afford a $250k excursion and then post about how they deserve to die, you should touch grass but that grass should be in a mental institution.

https://twitter.com/bendreyfuss/status/1670939684636348419

Why even steal such an unremarkable tweet?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

thehandtruck posted:

is there a video of something at that depth or near that depth imploding instantly? i kinda wanna see it (no death footage though). similar to that crab getting sucked into the pipe thing, but like, an actual object or sub

I don't think it was at instant paste depth, but the Mythbusters recreated the sudden pressure difference with a pig carcass in a diving suit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEY3fN4N3D8&t=1s

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I'm wondering the personalities of the people in the sub, do you think there's somebody in there trying to like Mumble a song to themselves to cope all other person just freaks out as the captain's trying to put the batteries in the controller and out of the controller and back and forth either they're on the loving ocean floor

The captain is singing Modern Major General and trying to get the others to join in.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

R.L. Stine posted:

yeah if you put your ear to the water you're guaranteed to hear at least 1 fish jacking off and doing a gigantic cum into a plastic bag at any given moment. it's basically the first thing they teach you at ocean school

I saw an ocean sunfish ejaculate once and it went crosseyed while spurting.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

oh dope posted:

It's like strapping a grenade to your head, pulling the pin, and saying "Alright I'm gonna head to the theatre and catch a movie!" and then the grenade goes off after you walk ten feet.

Which movie?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

This is one of the main guys always explicitly calling for a fascist takeover of the US and he doesn't understand that the Titanic doesn't have air in it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

ded posted:

this whole thing has got me thinking. how can we incorporate 360 atmospheres of pressure into modern cooking? there would be no more wasted product. everything would be instantly cooked and turned into an easy to eat & digest paste. no more worrying about bones or leftovers.

You can already do this if you overclock a store bought pressure cooker.