Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Hell yeah Vampire Survivors co-op because there wasn't already enough poo poo on the screen

Also, I know how they can access more oxygen:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Axel Serenity posted:

our store wasted no time today

I'm so basic I have Nick Cutter's The Deep in my shopping cart since yesterday

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Jestery posted:

Lol

Think to yourself , how should the titanium dome be bolted on?

M10 bolts?
What torque rating?
Any special fitment?

Like actually consider it

Now watch this
https://youtu.be/OyVA4O_kH-U

Thought this would be the ~2.5min vid showing some of the initial construction like the carbon fiber wrapping and specifically the shot of how they connected the carbon fiber tube to the titanium end-cap, which was just a guy with expoxy on a little piece of plastic the size of two playing cards awkwardly hand-applying it. Next shot was them lowering the end-cap onto the fiber tube just eyeballing it. That vid plus this one you post of the hand-tightening - it was just cavalier attitude all the way

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

You try to push open the hatch, but it's bolted down on the outside
>

fuckin' clever

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

If I had enough crap in butt at a 375 atmosphere implosion would it make a visible diamond after?

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Nenonen posted:

Or they discovered the tunnel next to Titanic that lead them to the hollow earth. Now they are fighting the nazis.

Hollow Earth Shop has end-game loot, that's why we sent the billionaires

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Wee posted:

Lots of boat at the spot compared to yesterday

Those boats in Bermuda are pushing their luck

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

eviltastic posted:

The company that made those is also marketing a submersible that they call the Titanic Explorer because it can supposedly do that. No apparent public price, unless you count a rando unsourced Daily Mail headline. But presumably it costs less than the one owned by Gabe Newell that's rated for ten thousand feet below the deepest point that exists in the ocean.

Just look at the thing and consider that the billionaires chose the deathtube.

These are the Air Jordan's to OceanGate's toe-less boot

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Cuck chair :lol:

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Carbohydrates posted:

guy with the video game controller got a 5.0 K/D that round though, so that's nice

Easy when you're on your smurf account though (no 50yo white dudes on that server)

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Soylent Yellow posted:

The wreckage of this sub is inevitably going to end up as the Titanic dive trip equivalent of Green boots.

Yeah if you keep posting in GBS, sure

:sympathy:

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Trixie Hardcore posted:

It sounds like a really rich guy realized there was a limited amount of time before the Titanic wreck had degraded too much for him to bilk billionaires out of their money to see it, and he completely underestimated how expensive and complicated deep sea tourism was so he tried to fake it to make it by building a cheap sub and hoped everything would work out for him.

This tracks more-so than being passionate to the point he'd sacrifice money or any other motivation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Lusty Grundles posted:

Feel a little bit of sympathy for the kid. That's an unprecedented level of peer pressure, we were only encouraged to eat ketchup packets when I was a kid.

I would've done it for sure, so I could say to myself "man that poo poo was low, even for you".

Ayyyye