Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

What the gently caress does this mean?

Went to a LongHorn Steakhouse in Cherry Hill, NJ today for fathers day. This is what you see when you leave the mens room. I could not get it out of my mind the entire meal. I continually thought about bringing it up to my mother, but balked every time. She was a teacher, the question would have made her anxious.

Is it two messages combined, missing punctuation? Either way I don't understand the second part. Also, I don't like its toxic masculinity filtered through hallmark vibe.

What is this brown and beige, steakhouse poster insinuating? Explain it to me like I am some sort of colossal idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
A true cowboy is humble I suppose

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

"Either way, it's going to hurt like crazy."
de nada m'lady I came in better than first but aren't no better than the last straggler

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it means the cowboy believes the best is yet to come op

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

first is worst second is the best third is the one with the hairy chest

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

cross stitched "guess what chicken butt" hanging on the wall

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The first part is saying that a true cowboy doesn't make a big deal of his accomplishments even when they take a lot of effort/sacrifice. The second part is a lot weirder; I guess they're saying that even though a cowboy knows he can beat the competition, he still recognizes that there's always room for personal improvement?

Weird sentiment, but I don't see anything grammatically incorrect about it, other than I guess the use of "that" instead of "who."

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

“Be humble and try your best.”

You should complain to management about that toxic hate speech OP. Maybe start a protest of the restaurant.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Devils Affricate posted:

The second part is a lot weirder; I guess they're saying that even though a cowboy knows he can beat the competition, he still recognizes that there's always room for personal improvement?

Weird sentiment, but I don't see anything grammatically incorrect about it, other than I guess the use of "that" instead of "who."

i think the 2nd part is more like a message about standing on the shoulders of giants, you acknowledge and improve the work of those who came before, and know that someday you will be surpassed as well, when it comes to corralling steers

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

I will accept for a moment that these are just two concepts. How they join is not important right now. With that now being the case, I am fine with the first part. That leaves us with:

"A true cowboy...

...believes he did better than first but worse than last." - Cowboy quote

I can only read this as a contradiction. You can't be both. So, is the cowboy saying that he is either better than first, or worse than last? Meaning in multiple scenarios? Being a cowboy is about dealing only in extremes?

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Bad Purchase posted:

i think the 2nd part is more like a message about standing on the shoulders of giants, you acknowledge and improve the work of those who came before, and know that someday you will be surpassed as well, when it comes to corralling steers

Oh snap. The cowboy is saying that he has had a long, experienced life. He's seen it all. He has been a success and a failure. Your post made it click, thank you so much. I feel an immense relief.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

yeah it could also be about the cowboy's own personal improvement over time, at corralling steers

life's a journey, corralling steers the whole way, till you ride off into that final sunset

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Bad Purchase posted:

till you ride off into that final sunset

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
it's saying that rodeo judges' rankings are bullshit

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
A true cowboy will eat the drat chili and not be a bitch about beans.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
What year did Cowboy Quote say this?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Cubone posted:

it's saying that rodeo judges' rankings are bullshit
:hmmyes:

🎶I'll be looking for 8
🎶When they pull that gate
🎶And I hope that Judge aint blind

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Longhorn Steakhouse is kinda mid. Saltgrass Steakhouse is way better.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's the cowboy code

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I fuckin love steak sauce, I drink A1 Thick & Hearty straight out the bottle and I'm not sorry.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
gonna do a buckshot lariat on all losers in here starting with u

*cowboy poo poo chants fill the arena*

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Matlack Radio posted:

I will accept for a moment that these are just two concepts. How they join is not important right now. With that now being the case, I am fine with the first part. That leaves us with:

"A true cowboy...

...believes he did better than first but worse than last." - Cowboy quote

I can only read this as a contradiction. You can't be both. So, is the cowboy saying that he is either better than first, or worse than last? Meaning in multiple scenarios? Being a cowboy is about dealing only in extremes?

You're overthinking it OP, there simply lies a genuine Interstellar moment between those two sentences. At the heart of your ranching paradox - time dilation. Must feel feel weird to experience that little maneuver firsthand, huh?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I like to think the guy who wrote goosebumps made this post

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

:clint:

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

goldmine

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

OPs the kinda guy to hang out in a restroom at a Longhorn Steakhouse in Jersey

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
It means “Live, laugh, love” in the cowboy language.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

its a cowboy thing you wouldnt understand :clint:

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

I assume the Ram Ranch is a competitor to the Longhorn Steakhouse. The name suggests that mutton is the main meat on the menu. The quote suggests they also serve rooster.

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

going to sign all my posts
-cowboy quote

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's pretty cool that there was a person called Cowboy Quote, and they happened to have opinions on cowboys

e: there's a subtly different sign in another steakhouse, op

why do you think they had different sizes of this quote framed?

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jun 20, 2023

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

the cowboy had their gay awakening in a forest but looked back and realized the sex wasn't all that great after all

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-GyzXuK-gtI

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Das Boo posted:

i don't care for the toxic masculinity of beans myself, it dilutes the chili and ruins a true cowboys supper

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Das Boo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6783muFuJ1w

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Bitches ain't poo poo but hoes and tricks
Lick on deez nutz and suck the dick
- Cowboy Quote

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

This means that when you tell a Cowboy that the Cowboy mythos is all made up and in reality the type of cowboys they celebrate were all about raping and killing and generally being above-the-law misogynist racist assholes, they'll deny it (saying it was "nothing" even though it was everything)

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Swollen with liquid
Ready to burst
A load of my lymph
Will quench this dead body's thirst
One month in the grave
Twisted and half decayed
She turned a putrid yellow
I pissed in her maggot filled rear end in a top hat
loving the rotting
My semen is bleeding
The smell of decay
Seeps from her genital cavity
The smell was unbearable as I unburied her
Get along little doggies
-Cowboy Quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Not sure, maybe something to do with this?