Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormChaser
Nov 8, 2009
Hello all,

Im very new to the world of synths as I have just recently purchased an Arturia Minifreak. I also have a Maschine Mk3 which i purchased a few years ago on the advise of a friend. (finding the workflow difficult)

Im wanting to get into making some music and I have almost zero experience with setting this stuff up and configuring it. I was a vocalist in a metal band for about 10 years so I understand some of the basics of making music.

The ultimate goal is to try and make music in the similar style as Northlane, Architects and even some soundtrack stuff like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk1mgGI1QHs

My understanding is that I can primarily use the MK3 as a drum maschine / sampler and use the Minifreak as the device to create sounds. If this makes sense then how do i hook them up?

At the moment I have the Minifreak plugged into the Pc via usb and have headphones into it. The MK3 is also plugged in via usb and I have to swap the headphones over between each other as I cant use speakers ( 2 year old sleeping next door)

I also have a copy of Studio One 5 that Im trying to learn.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU