Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dacheat
Feb 21, 2003
I've got a good friend of mine that's not particularly mechanically inclined. I'm looking to educate him a bit more on the basics and how things work. Looking for a book or decent resource for him to understand the basic systems.

For example:
He thought the oil light was oil level and not oil pressure, needed to explain oil pressure and how it's generated to him.

He's really smart and is a fast learner but he needs a good written resource. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
My first question is: Does your friend actually want to learn this stuff? It sounds like you want them to learn this stuff, but it's not really important for people to know all that much about their cars. It's not important for someone to know what makes the oil light light up as long as the person knows that the oil light means "don't fuckin drive this car"

I had some book as a kid that had some cool cutaway drawings but it was old enough that the car in question was a redblock volvo with a single carb.