Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I’m not even really sure where to start with this but I will attempt to summarize. For maximum entertagement, I strongly recommend you read the original thread located here

…but I will attempt to give you the CliffsNotes version of it:
What began as one man’s quest to sell Garfield-shaped pizzas to the masses as the world’s youngest Garfield licensee has become the pinnacle of cutting-edge entertagement. The restaurant itself was located in downtown Toronto, featured mobile app ordering, and a video of Garfield-creator, Jim Davis speaking on an endless loop blaring through speakers while inside.
If you can make it more than 2 minutes into the following video, then buckle up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys9Q3PQH_nQ

Food and Wine Magazine did a nice(?) write-up of GarfieldEats which you can read here
The establishment’s proprietor, one Mr. Nathen Mazri is the GOB Bluth-like son of an extremely wealthy middle eastern businessman. He also has impeccable taste in suits:

Sadly, GarfieldEats wasn’t meant to be and was shuttered due to COVID, landmonsters and the extremely limited market for terrible pizza in the shape of Garfield’s head along with lasagnas with orange sauce (no, really).

Not to worry though because Mr. Mazri was just getting started! Here are some highlights from the previous thread. Note that some of this will be difficult to document as Nathen tends to immediately forget about projects once he starts them and lets associated media evaporate into the ether:

Nathen wrote a book entitled “Arabiolosis”. A summary and discussion begins here.

At some point, Viacom acquired the license to Garfield from Jim Davis. At first, Nathen was cautiously optimistic about retaining his license for the Garfield IP, however Viacom took one look at what Nathen was doing with Garfield and immediately terminated his license. Nathen did not take this well. The prevailing theory is that they saw THIS (Warning: Extremely NMS), and that was the end of that.
While in mourning, Nathen founded ScoobyEats which sold Garfield mail order frozen lasagnas, “Farm2Plate” hot dogs and burgers to grocery stores and local customers…or something. It lasted for exactly one BBQ season. Someone attempted to order one of these lasagnas and poo poo got really weird.

An extremely awkward talk show?

I hear people asking "What is Eegeez" all the time and man, let me tell you Nobody knows! Not even Nathen!

Farm2plate deodorant?

The wonderful world of NFTs

Not weird enough for you? Witness the birth of Nathfield! He is here to cleanse this bitch of an earth!
Exhibit 1
Exhibit 2
Exhibit 3

Nathen tries to make a Garfield dark comedy movie/documentary without a Garfield license. He had Steven Spielberg attached to direct and a soundtrack by Nick Cave.

The dating show where the winner will marry Nathen

The Nathfield project is scaled down from a cartoon to a podcast/radio play-type thing with voice actors he hired off of Fiverr. It can be found on both Spotify and Apple Play and I will warn you ahead of time that they are utter lunacy. Only 3 episodes were ever made (so far) but summaries of these can be found starting here:
Episode 1 Summary
Episode 2 Summary
Episode 3 Summary

Garfield-related paraphernalia auction including the magical orange suit.

Finally, that brings us to the present where NathenEATS! has launched which is an art exhibit and not a restaurant. I hope you enjoy Cereal boxes and coloring

This thread only has a couple rules that mostly go without saying (but y’know, goons):
• Do not touch the poop – IE Don’t bother Nathen IRL, don’t join his discords, don’t participate in anything that could be construed as harassment. Just leave him and his many, many projects alone. The one exception to this is that you may marry Nathen if he will have you.

• Don’t turn this into Kiwifarms. Nathen is undeniably weird and holds some reprehensible opinions, but mean-spirited bullshit isn’t funny.

:siren: Here there be dragons. Peruse this thread at your own risk :siren:

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

im saint germain posted:

Also, a warning for any newcomers: if you buy Nathen's art or memorabilia, there is a likelihood that he will doxx you. All the more reason to leave the weirdo alone!

When some lady that bought the orange suit for something like $900, he showed up at her her house to hand-deliver it.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Duckman2008 posted:

A. The OP starting with Fork Jail is perfect. We are all in fork jail.

B. I think the OP should have an added disclaimer for Arabialosis (or however it’s spelled) that he kisses his cousin in the book.

I tried to stay away from getting into too much into detail about Nathen as a person. Also I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Feline Mind Meld posted:

how do you feel about being the forums expert on nathen? I feel like that has to gnaw at your soul

Not an expert by any means, I just chronicle events as they happen. Most of it hasn't been scarring.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I should also mention that better than half of the projects listed in the OP either never got off the ground or were abandoned immediately without fanfare or explanation immediately after launch.

The dating game would have been awesome but it never got past sign-ups. A reasonable amount of money and effort(?) was spent on the podcasts only to be abandoned after episode 4 was teased and then never spoken of again.

Oh and there was also a huge “clean label” website that appeared in tandem with NathenEats where he had some folks on the board who seemed more “serious” for lack of a better term. Their aim was to lobby the FDA in the US for better food labeling requirements which was a little odd since they were all Canadian but whatever. It too just vanished one day with no explanation.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jun 21, 2023

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Busters posted:

Garfield Eats crashed and burned. There's a dozen youtubers who have all done dives on it, and even eaten the food.

However, as a rich, out of touch manchild Nathan Mazri will not be stopped, and has launched his newest IP: ScoobyEats, with you guessed it, Scoob Doo.
Allegedly some of the lasagna being sold by the cartoon dog is the same deep frozen pre-made pasta that belonged to the cartoon cat, re-awakend from it's cryogenic slumber

Covered in the OP. Also ScoobyEats has also already gone the way of the dodo. Sorry for your loss.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Nathen has nothing in common with Tate aside from money.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Not true. He hates women just like them.

Disagree! He has female friends. Actually, come to think of if I think the majority of his friends are female.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Peanut Butter posted:

You know in hindsight I'm kind of impressed he managed to finish Arabiolosis and actually open GarfEats without just dropping the idea ceremoniously. Modern Nathen just doesn't have that kind of commitment to his nonsense ideas.

I'm pretty sure the book was his first "project". He was doing speaking engagements almost a decade ago. Imagine some big fortune 500 paying for Nathen as its keynote speaker on some corporate retreat lol.

Hilariously, googling "Nathen Mazri speaker fee" led me to a previously unseen Medium.com article he wrote:
https://medium.com/@nathenmazri/the-rise-of-qmr-the-fall-of-qsr-4649872a454c

and his byline reads "Founder of Egeez App / Author / Public Speaker / Entrepreneur / aka GarfieldEATS Guy 😻"

quote:

A new set of capabilities emerged to re-create, re-structure, and re-build our digital world to become an interconnected society, but interdependent on data, forever, even for the giant tech companies such as Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, AirBnB and many more codependent on large amount of raw data. Without it, they will seize to exist and so will you!

oh no!

Halfway through the article he just inexplicably shifts gears into an ad for GarfieldEATS with no explanation.

oh my god, and he provides us with the formula for total entertagement (this is huge)

quote:

Total Entergagement =

(Reactions + Views + Clicks) / Time x Average Retail Price

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jun 21, 2023

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
He also makes a point of making sure everyone knows he was 27 in 2019 in this article which is a claim that is dubious at best.

E: Lmao his only other medium article is entitled, "Google Reviews Destroy Young Entrepreneurship". Oh wow this whole thing is gold:

quote:

Harmful reviewers are bullies. They can’t let it go, forgive, forget or just shut up if they have nothing nice to say at all. I would respect a reviewer who says your sauce requires more work or your pizza crust tastes better when thick or balancing a review between a positive and a negative, which gives the review weight, credibility, and respect. We do not flag those! Words may hurt and of course as we now know, they may also cause suicides among bullied teenagers. Shouldn’t freedom of REVIEW on the internet by bloggers, customers, and other users be monitored to increase trust among the readers or potential customers and stakeholders. I can think of a few already, but who do I speak to? Is there an agency, regulated institution or bureau that can enforce such programs and procedures on the internet or do I simply speak to the monopolistic organizations, responsible for impacting our societies immensely such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, or other publishers and media power houses?

https://medium.com/@nathenmazri/google-reviewcs-destroy-young-entrepreneurship-add2929d5668

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 21, 2023

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MassRafTer posted:

I will break the rules of this thread if Nathen announces live viewings of his art while I am in Toronto this weekend.

I will not harass him, I will appreciate his art, something he has never experienced before.

Down this road lies madness. The only gallery that will ever exist is the virtual one he has already posted and the gallery that exists in Nathen’s imagination.

buglord posted:

So how has this Nathan dude never combined Garfield with crypto or NFTs or AI?

I figure if you want to show the world how rich and smart you are, getting into one of those three things is a surefire bet. And you’d get money from real, living idiots.

Covered in the OP. There’s a link. I suspect that Nathfield came to be because Nathen can’t sell Garfield NFTs

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lmao

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Knormal posted:

He retweeted Tucker Carlson's return to the world tweet, and has retweeted Ian Michael Chong in the past. He's not as bad as Andrew Tate, that's a pretty high bar, but he definitely sucks.

Not to mention his old anti-vax conspiracy stance.

He changed his mind on that one once he got Covid, went to the hospital and posted a bunch on his own IG pretending to be the nurse taking care of him (as in, the “nurse” was literally posting to his IG feed on his phone).

He’s just terminally online and regurgitates whatever he reads on social media. He’s also rich and detached from reality which is probably his greatest sin. Oh and he’s antisemetic but that’s probably because he hates his step mother who happens to be Jewish (seriously)

He says whatever he thinks will get people to like him and pay attention to him online.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jun 22, 2023

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Looking for news about the 4th podcast episode (RIP), I stumbled across a second Nathfield IG account and I have questions:

Stay out of my back alley, Nathfield.

Oh good, we have comics now:

:psyduck: IDGI

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
It should be noted that he has like 4-5 twitter/IG handles and he will often screenshot his own tweets and then upload them to IG. He will occasionally have conversations between his various accounts and will speak about himself in the 3rd person like so:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Duckman2008 posted:

Lol I bet he felt super clever making this dumb comic too.

It's not even a joke? It's just "hurr stupid pigman thinks power button is any key"
Interestingly, that's not the main Nathfield IG account. He has another that has more stuff on it including demo reels from the "podcast" etc. I think he just lost the login to this one or forgot about it.

I'm still laughing that NathfieldEATS was almost a thing.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Uh...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmnCtHToLNs/

Make sure you have sound on for this one. I guess I know why Nathen didn't end up voicing Nathfield now.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
It points to his IG/twitter so I'm pretty sure it's his. Plus that 2nd comic is the same as the other "art" he has posted from the podcast but I've never seen that particular comic before.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Hooray

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

mediaphage posted:

we'll get your Entergagement Manager certificate printed up

Back when I tried to order that lasagna from GarfieldEats, the person who contacted me initially had the title of “Happiness Manager” or something like that

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Literally the first word I heard when I clicked on this was "come" lmao

He doesn’t know how to speak into a microphone

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
You could make a pretty solid argument that Jackson’s doctor was responsible for his death. Vitamin D though lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Chrs posted:

Last I checked he was making some weird app where you scan socks with cartoon characters on them to find out if they’re an officially licensed product or not. That was probably about 6 projects ago now though

Eegeez (pronounced "Iggies"). We're still not entirely certain what it's supposed to do.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

david_a posted:

It’s quite simple, straightforward, and unambiguous actually, here’s a copy-n-paste from the website:

See? Simple!

Yes, the “(cough)” is originally in there, which I choose to interpret in the funniest way which is that Nathen created all the text with voice transcription.

Yes but WHY is this needed? Big companies like disney don't need Nathen as a middleman to sell merch. They already have licensing agreements with distributors. Who are you selling this to? Distributors and big licensees don't need this poo poo either. They aren't going to use some tiny web app for this sort of thing and it's not like Disney just licenses Mickey Mouse out to some dude who wants to sell stuffed animals or w/e.

Also jfc Nathen:

quote:

Always lowest prices for licensed stuff, Phucket, I'm buying from Egeez. It's not like there's anywhere else to buy from.

"Phucket" indeed.
It's essentially a marketplace for people who already hold IP licenses and in the small print somewhere, Nathen says he won't help you negotiate a license. It's just a marketplace you can use to sell your licensed brand merch. All Nathen is doing is A) Verifying that you (the seller) have a valid license and B) providing you with e-commerce poo poo you probably already have a better version of elsewhere.

This can't be a huge market. I still don't understand who the target audience is for this. It sorta makes sense from a consumer point of view for that extremely small subset of people who absolutely do not want knockoff Mickey dolls, but those people are going to go straight to one of Disney's online retail partners and not gently caress around with some app. The ONLY way this would make sense is if Eegeez was partnered with the actual license holders and lmao that will never ever happen.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 26, 2023

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Does this mean the backpack itself doesn't eat animals or animal products? Is it for vegan Pokemon?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
This came in at the tail end of the last thread, but for a very small window of time there was a website linked from Nathen's main website called "Clean Label Product" and this was the "Board" tab on that page:

The site has since been taken down and all references to it have been scrubbed. I will ask again though, what is Nathen doing with his hands?
E: Site was https://www.cleanlabelproduct.com/

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

steinrokkan posted:

Please, it's a bagpack

HOW IS A BACKPACK VEGAN?
I'm getting too entertaged. I need to go get some work done.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

What’s “funny” about that is that he made a big show of donating food from GarfieldEats to the homeless right up until the city opened a homeless shelter on his block and then he flipped out.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Whoa holy poo poo. Nathen, this isn’t very whimsical

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

"I left behind toxicity of humanity. I found my calling with a higher power, and honestly, I met my prophet who enlighted me in my dreams. I woke up with so much tears, crying like a big baby from the deep end of my heart."

^^^

I really thought Nathen was just a flaky impressionable weirdo but now I'm starting to thing it's all an act and ngl it makes me a little sad.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

wynott dunn posted:

Is it egeez or oh, geeze?

Egeez pronounced "Iggies" but like, his slogan for it is "Oh Geez, Iggies" which makes no sense because "Oh geez, it's Eegeez" is right fuckin' there. Nothing he does makes sense.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Also lol that the sole reply to Nathen's weirdo misogynistic rant on Twitter is a person who replied "Grafeld" and nothing else.

E: And by "rant" I mean his entire string of posts has zero retweets and one reply

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 28, 2023

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I don’t get the Barney/Mr Burns reference.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lmao “get entettaged with a brick, shitbag”.

Nathen isn’t used to people overtly hating him. I suspect the prospect of social media turning on him (where they just ignored him before) will make him do a 180 out of sheer terror.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1673815299001397248?s=20

What? The article just says Jaime Foxx spent some time in the hospital and it was kept quiet by his costar at the request of his family. It literally says nothing about “silencing” him. Wait, is Nathen implying someone tried to assassinate Jaime Foxx?

E: also I can’t read Twitter replies because I don’t have a Twitter account so someone else will have to mine those

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jun 28, 2023

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Ok one more and I’ll stop. The “Marry Nathen” show was apparently a hoax. Here he is trying to hire actors to play “blind daters”:

https://www.backstage.com/casting/marry-nathen-mazri-finally-2483254/

I know. I’m as shocked as you are.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

steinrokkan posted:

Lol that he couldn't even get people to act attracted to him for money

E: correction - not paid, of course

EH: Additional: Prize: Marriage gift in cash.

I love that under "other materials" pertaining to the casting call at the bottom page it just lists "Nathenmazri.com" as if to say, "Look, this is all you need to know"

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
lmao Nathen has another problem. This guy has been rapping under the name Egeez since 2015:

https://soundcloud.com/egeezvgp

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

dr_rat posted:

He'd probably just be accident end up running against two other candidates that worse than him so no one even notices he's even running.

As bad as he can be, somehow there is always worse.

Yeah I was gonna say - Toronto elected Rob Ford, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Ok that’s actually funny wtf Nathen