Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
My mom needs a remote control for the dust collector in her woodshop.

Dust collector is a Grizzly model G0562, 3HP single phase 220V/18A. More than a few years old.

So far we've found remotes for 16 amps, so not quite there. Grizzly is quiet with a call back due in a couple of days. It does not have to be a Grizzly product, but just has to meet the electrical specs.

Help me Obi-goons, you're my only hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Internetjack posted:

Dust collector is a Grizzly model G0562, 3HP single phase 220V/18A. More than a few years old.

So far we've found remotes for 16 amps, so not quite there. Grizzly is quiet with a call back due in a couple of days. It does not have to be a Grizzly product, but just has to meet the electrical specs.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Tell your mom I’ll be over in a bit to “brush the dust off” :grin:

Meow Meow Meow
Nov 13, 2010

Internetjack posted:

This one should work, might be able to find another supplier that sells the same switch or equivalent. https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/sho...wE&item=03J6220

lolman
Jan 7, 2023

a real newbie
i think this controller is perfect

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

Meow Meow Meow posted:

This one should work, might be able to find another supplier that sells the same switch or equivalent. https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/sho...wE&item=03J6220

That one, and others on the site look appropriate. I'd forgotten about Lee Valley.

Thank you!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Internetjack posted:

That one, and others on the site look appropriate. I'd forgotten about Lee Valley.

Thank you!

Don’t forget the transmitter**

**sold separately

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

At school, I have about 20 voice-activated remotes to turn on the dust collector.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
So this is funny.

I go to mom's shop today and setting up for a "small project" she's asking me to do. Build a bed. Criminy.

I look under one of the shop tables for some tools and there's a small delivery box that's been opened and collecting dust. It's a replacement remote for the dust collector that she bought last fall and forgot about it. I had it in place and working in 5 minutes.

It's fun helping the parents out as they get older; it truly is, but there are those one second moments in your head where you just think, "Goddamit". I spent half the morning looking on-line at remotes and a replacement is sitting in the shop the whole time.

Thanks goons for the suggestions; problem solved itself. And if you have a good relationship with your parents, take time to enjoy the funny stuff.