Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
*power rangers villainishly* we'll get you next time, kyrieeeeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

goongrats to derrick white on his first career triple double

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Kings beat an injured bottom rung team today. That's remarkable for them lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the hospital celtics beat the hospital pistons today, in a real shocker

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://twitter.com/NBAMemes/status/1769937136151638076 :(

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1770656686337876361

It is Biden's destiny to be up in at least three essential swing states before the election and lose

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1770656686337876361

It is Biden's destiny to be up in at least three essential swing states before the election and lose

So I'm guessing that this means Thibs will take out the Celtics for Doc and then he'll barely squeak out a 7 game series win over the Clippers after Kawhi gets COVID

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

https://twitter.com/TomerAzarly/status/1770659766928638428

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

just James things

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

embiids coming back

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Curious to see how he'll do if they prevent him from hunting for fouls now that they're calling fewer of them

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they already only call about 10-20% of fouls committed against embiid so I’m sure he will adapt

that is the whole reason he has mainly switched to a face up game. refs do not call post up shooting fouls

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fart simpson posted:

dam. since embiid went down, theres been on average 5 fewer free throw attempts per game across the entire nba

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

they already only call about 10-20% of fouls committed against embiid so I’m sure he will adapt

that is the whole reason he has mainly switched to a face up game. refs do not call post up shooting fouls

they do for porzingis

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Poor zingis :(

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the trick to that fake stat is that they only call 10-20% of fouls for basically everybody by that math. usually when they call a foul there’s actually multiple on the same drive and they just pick one to call rather than fouling someone out on one possession because he hit the shooters arm and hip and was in the landing space and blocked the drive slightly and had his hand on the shooters back during the drive and pulled his jersey a bit when trying to deny the entry pass? that should be 6 fouls in 3 seconds yet they only call one? curious…. 🧐

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fart simpson posted:

the trick to that fake stat is that they only call 10-20% of fouls for basically everybody by that math. usually when they call a foul there’s actually multiple on the same drive and they just pick one to call rather than fouling someone out on one possession because he hit the shooters arm and hip and was in the landing space and blocked the drive slightly and had his hand on the shooters back during the drive and pulled his jersey a bit when trying to deny the entry pass? that should be 6 fouls in 3 seconds yet they only call one? curious…. 🧐

Fouls are an integral part of Embiid's strategy though so this same restriction which is only incidental for most players is in fact an unfair nerf which they should by all rights fix in the next gameplay patch

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
god I hope embiid demands a trade this offseason

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

indigi posted:

god I hope embiid demands a trade this offseason

he’d be welcome as the third string big man off the celtics bench, a good kornet replacement

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I tried listening to the LeBron/JJ pod and I understand like 4% of it. I need them drawing a diagram

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

James Harden is so unlikable. How he has fans ia beyond me.

Now Kawhi, that man is likable. He seems like a chill guy you could have a chill time with.

Paul George has serious two first name energy. That can be a good thing as long as youre prepared for it. Also he fishes, which Ive always wanted to know more about.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

James Harden is so unlikable. How he has fans ia beyond me.

Now Kawhi, that man is likable. He seems like a chill guy you could have a chill time with.

truly insane

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

kawhi is the opposite of chill lol

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqshE8_I8-A

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

How is Kawhi not chill? He is super chill, just lowkey (the best kind of chill).

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Every Clipper is retarded and loatheable except Russ and Big Zu. Teams gone to poo poo without Wessie

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Poppers posted:

Every Clipper is retarded and loatheable except Russ and Big Zu. Teams gone to poo poo without Wessie

I mean, Russ is my favorite player of the 2010s, so Ill allow it. I also dont give a poo poo about the clippers either, if that helps.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I love Harden bc he is the single funniest player in the NBA

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Remember when he threw a pass to the announcer

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

naz reid

https://twitter.com/WolvesClips/status/1771360919454376192

Wraith of J.O.I. has issued a correction as of 03:22 on Mar 23, 2024

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Naz Reid.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

It really is unfair how many good centers the twolves have.

Went from Dangelo Russell and Zach Lavine to this. Gotta love it

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

hm, maybe the Lakers SHOULD trade for lavine

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Lakers historically get better by signing disgruntled established stars.

Typically, they're underwhelming in the draft, underwhelming in player development, underwhelming in that certain "j'nai c'est quois."

As long as they're located in the heart of LA, they'll be good. Just throw that money around Bussie!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

It really is unfair how many good centers the twolves have.

It's fun as hell to watch after every commentator bloviated about how two center lineups can never work in today's NBA.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Azathoth posted:

It's fun as hell to watch after every commentator bloviated about how two center lineups can never work in today's NBA.

Tbf KAT is a horrible center and an elite PF

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Tbf KAT is a horrible center and an elite PF

Yeah, it helps that for all the centers they have, Gobert is the only one who doesn't have an outside shot.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Azathoth posted:

Naz Reid.
:hmmyes:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Bit off topic but lmao at Kentucky getting beat by loving Yale

Whose the real blue bloods bitches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I don't recognize the existence of college basketball so I'm just staring at your post with a blank dead look while thinking of Ben Simmons and wondering what video game he's playing right now