Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Brook Lopez should go back to the net s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Retromancer posted:

At this point it's not a question of if Giannis' achilles is going to snap but when. His value is never going to be higher than right now.

Every other starter is in their 30s. They're old as hell. This team is giving significant minutes to Patrick Beverly. nuke it from orbit.

yah i know i wasn’t being “serious”

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

biceps crimes posted:

could be worse. could be the suns. that franchise is hosed lol

They could possibly blow up this incarnation and be a scrappy fun team to watch in a couple years. See: the Brooklyn Nets.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

also kd came back after an achilles injury and has looked good. giannis play style is kinda like kd so he should be fine afterwards too

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

fart simpson posted:

also kd came back after an achilles injury and has looked good. giannis play style is kinda like kd so he should be fine afterwards too

I disagree on this one. Durant has a much better shooting game. Giannis has always lived in the paint eating off of bagless drives and playing physical defense. I think he's going to be hobbled more than Durant was.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Retromancer posted:

They could possibly blow up this incarnation and be a scrappy fun team to watch in a couple years. See: the Brooklyn Nets.

bradley beal has a no trade clause and will be the 5th highest paid player next year

no 1st round picks from 2025 thru 2030, no 2nd round picks from 2024 thru 2030

they could trade away booker and durant but what could they get and from who?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Oof, Milwaukee doesn't have a free and clear 1st round pick until 2031. And this year is the only first rounder they've had since 2018. They're cooked unless they get a windfall for their current assets.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Retromancer posted:

I disagree on this one. Durant has a much better shooting game. Giannis has always lived in the paint eating off of bagless drives and playing physical defense. I think he's going to be hobbled more than Durant was.

your never going to believe this but

fart simpson posted:

yah i know i wasn’t being “serious”

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

I'm apparently getting repeatedly syq'd in the NBA thread so I'm just gonna log off.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

yeah me too that trade made both the sucks and the heat worse and made the celtics better lol

its insane that they traded one of the best defensive players for dame

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Retromancer posted:

I'm apparently getting repeatedly syq'd in the NBA thread so I'm just gonna log off.

im not syq you. im saying the obvious opposite of reality because i think the sucks are in a funny predicament

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

milwaukees gotta basically win this year or next year imo. or its too late. the suns need to win this year for the same reason (lol). their windows are closing fast

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

You did an Achilles. You did a Doc Rivers. Do better.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the main things KD lost from his Achilles was his perimeter defense and a bit of rangey offensive movement, neither of which Giannis relies on (or even has much of to begin with). I think he wouldn't come back quite as well as KD just cause he's bigger and will probably lose more speed but he should still be a dominant player (depending on his age at the time of course [I don't think he'll be playing at a high level in his mid-late 30s either way])

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

https://x.com/NBA/status/1785068933516570841

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Looks like a behind-the-scenes shot of a 70s Doctor Who character

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

biceps crimes posted:

could be worse. could be the suns. that franchise is hosed lol
it is so funny

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

indigi posted:

the main things KD lost from his Achilles was his perimeter defense and a bit of rangey offensive movement, neither of which Giannis relies on (or even has much of to begin with). I think he wouldn't come back quite as well as KD just cause he's bigger and will probably lose more speed but he should still be a dominant player (depending on his age at the time of course [I don't think he'll be playing at a high level in his mid-late 30s either way])

he lost so much agility after the tear, pre tear kd would have easily taken any team he was on to the semis

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah he was a way bigger problem defensively when he was healthy. he could play in the low post and still help off a high pnr or close out on the corners in a way Giannis never really has, plus his rip move was insane. but defense doesn't count

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

kingcobweb posted:

Looks like a behind-the-scenes shot of a 70s Doctor Who character

less cringe than SGA pulling up in a cybertruck

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
at least the bucks managed to get one championship out of their current core.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Why was Taurean Prince taking a shot with 1.3 seconds left

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Poppers posted:

Why was Taurean Prince taking a shot with 1.3 seconds left

lrebrons afraid to shoot it

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
love a Gentleman’s Sweep

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

TenementFunster posted:

it is so funny

I love how a big chunk of the collective bargaining rules are directly designed to discourage this kind of idiocy and Ishbia is bound and determined to see how far he can push it.

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!
god hates the lakers

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol the graphic chryon last night under the Suns was just: Do not control draft picks for next 6 years

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dreylad posted:

at least the bucks managed to get one championship out of their current core.

The covid year where everyone else was hurt? Huge asterisk

Only the Lakers title is more fake.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nonsense posted:

lol the graphic chryon last night under the Suns was just: Do not control draft picks for next 6 years

hahahah

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

yeah theyre completely boned to a comical degree lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

im just gonna say what everyones thinking:

derrick white.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

can the Suns get anyone good to play point next season? idk who's available

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

indigi posted:

can the Suns get anyone good to play point next season? idk who's available

cp3 maybe on a vet min?

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

fart simpson posted:

cp3 maybe on a vet min?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Pretty sure giving any pleasure to Phoenix or the state of Arizona would set a dangerous precedent, so I for one am glad the basketball gods continually say gently caress the Suns.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

fart simpson posted:

cp3 maybe on a vet min?

that would be funny

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

cp3 maybe on a vet min?

that would genuinely improve their team, but then one of their three (3) $50 million shooting guards would probably have to come off the bench

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Nonsense posted:

lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

that would genuinely improve their team, but then one of their three (3) $50 million shooting guards would probably have to come off the bench

might be able to move Allen for something and have Beal off the bench? idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/ocksportello/status/1785363352396484902