Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

AnimeIsTrash posted:

yeah youre a cuck bitch

headshot

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ClassActionFursuit posted:

I've never heard this opinion before. I mean we're psychologizing here and we'll never know the truth but it seems to me you're saying he doesn't care about rings and winning but instead wants to have to work harder in a losing effort every year? (Maybe he should join us commies here in C-SPAM...) He wants a challenge but one where he's still on a competitive roster but not one full of nobodies, one that contains other all-stars, but he also doesn't care about being the biggest star player there (even though he is but that's just coincidence)? This sounds like nonsense.

It seems to me that the butthurt burner accounts, what looked to me at the time as not wanting to be the second biggest star on the team, the fact that he couldn't take Draymond telling him to his face that "We were winning before you got here"--that it all screams insecurity. That he wanted to win rings and then was all surprised that hey joining a team that was 73-9 without him isn't him dragging the loving Cavaliers to winning the Finals, it's him bandwagoning. And yes, that team with him could win without trying, but he's not going to be remembered as the best player of all time no matter how many rings he gets that way and he probably won't even be the first guy people mention when they talk about that team. So it doesn't matter how many Finals MVPs he was was going to get with them, it was about contemporary and future respect and he was never going to get it in that role on that team.

I'm certain I'm built differently but I'd rather be a (key) role player on a team that was going to be pretty much unbeatable forever collecting rings every year than be known as the guy who brings my talents to all these other places only to watch them implode year after year due to circumstances outside of my control. I feel like KG would've loved to have been on a team like that where he was valuable and winning and opposed to the lone star and losing or worse not the only star but still losing.

I think what he wants is to be thought of in the conversation alongside LeBron and Jordan and talent-wise he's right there with them but he's got such an obvious thirst for it that he'll never be thought of that way and it eats at him.

i got to the last paragraph before i realized this was about kd and not about jordan poole

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Pohl posted:

I'm not terribly excited about Chris Paul but gently caress yes, give the ball to someone that won't turn it over in the last 30 seconds thank you very much.

yeah but there’s tons of people like that. malik fitts won’t turn the ball over either

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Pohl posted:

Poole was a special case of pride completely removing all sense of reason. Anyone that could dribble the ball would be better in those moments -- fact is I don't even know why the gently caress they let him handle the ball at the end of the game unless it was a catch and shoot situation. I'm assuming they told him to stop that poo poo and he just ignored them.

i meant that chrisp aul will be sitting on the bench in those situations. hell be injured

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

anyway im sad to see marcus smart go.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

marcus smart was the most fun celtic to watch. i would have rather they traded anyone else lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

watch porzingis be injured for the playoffs literally every year he’s on the celtics lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Azathoth posted:

Unless he's spent his rehab time bulking up, he better hope they don't ask him to play a ton of minutes. That isn't a frame made for an 82 game grind.

what about wemby

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Azathoth posted:

Unless he's gonna do the Durant thing, same deal. I expect they'll put him on whatever feeding regimen that Porzingis was on though.

it’s called GOMAD

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Azathoth posted:

It reminds me a lot of KG and the Wolves before the trade. The media loves guys who want to be one franchise guys for their entire career. He's also been much less disgruntled than a lot of guys would be in the same circumstance, so I think reporters give him a lot of credit for sticking around despite the org pretty consistently not making great decisions.

like marcus smart?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Vox Nihili posted:

I wonder if he still commands superstar trade value

in this market??

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

sixers should trade harden for wemby.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

what happened to jordan poile is he dead

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

According to Haynes (via Twitter) the Heat and Nets are the preferred landing spots for the former No. 6 overall pick. Vincent Goodwill of Yahoo Sports adds (via Twitter) that no other teams – including the Sixers – are on Lillard’s wish list for now, though Shelburne (Twitter link) adds that he has a “deep respect” for the Spurs.

finally getting a superstar might be just what the nets need to win the title

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

J aden Springer on his first practice with new Sixers coach Nick Nurse: “[He was] stopping drills and stepping in and giving us points on what to do here and there. I haven’t seen that too much since I’ve been in the league”

lmao

lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

holmgren looks terrible

hes a poor mans jovic

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

careful or you will jinx holmgren finals mvp like you did curry and jokic the past two seasons

he also said pj tucker was the worst basketball player he’s ever seen and that turned out correct

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius real name is olivia??

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

AnimeIsTrash posted:

dont pick on a 9 year old because yoru team lost their star

if you look closely it says age 39

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

im hearing rumors of embiid to boston in exchange for al hordford + picks?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

I’m stunned Boston was able to trade smart right before stronger flopping rules were put in

yeah he might pick up multiple techs in the first 3 weeks of the season when they’re still calling it

rip embiid tho

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

the refs stuck with the harden/Trey rules changes all season.

I don’t think it’s guaranteed they do the traditional call it for the first month and forget about it

the referee management in the nba is super centralized now and the league has quite a bit of quality control on them

the first time it was called in summer league this week, a shooter got actually fouled and tried to sell the contact and the refs missed the foul and called the flop. which apparently means play continues for a while until the floppers team gets the ball back and dribbles it up across half court at which point the refs stop play??? and the team that committed the original foul gets a free throw

you love too see it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

triple sulk posted:

the sixers are a loving joke. they won't even get out of the first round at this rate

you think the flopping techs are gonna be that important?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

wembamyama is on tv tonight I think ?

he has to apologize for punching britney spears in the face

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

probably not strong enough to be mvp this year but that’s ok he’s 19.

he’s a lock to be DPOY tho

https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1677505857653981185

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Stevie Lee posted:

the cavs have a guy for this now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5vBOXjXbO4
this might have lost them the game/series/season lmao

lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

Chet is a ridiculous ball handler with a ridiculous wingspan with a ridiculous outside shot for his size

Victor Wembanyama is that but 3-4 inches taller jesus christ he's a living 2K gameshark code https://twitter.com/IQfor3/status/1678218121256095744

actually i think 1 game was the end of his career

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

time to restart the process but with james hardon as your centerpiece

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

TDepressionEarl posted:

Azathoth is referring to Joel Embiid there, no?

Joel works like hell to get back from his various injuries. I can see why fans look at Chet and Wemby with skepticism when more muscular and toned big men like Embiid and Anthony Davis can still get sideswiped out of months.

Yossarian is right though that winning in the first year after your move has a jenesaisqoui. Offseason is ring hunting season. Lillard get off the pot everyone else needs to use the deal zone.

someone like a marcus smart type guy will dive for a loose ball and because wembys knees are shoulder level, will make solid contact and wembys leg will bend the wrong way

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Azathoth posted:

oof, getting clowned on by Ben Shapiro, that's gotta sting

not really, he got the super max so he’d be worth the exact same

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

idk ben wallace always seemed pretty good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

AnimeIsTrash posted:

At least she likes the game, unlike JVG or Jackson

good news about jvg and jackson

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

Harden was in China and shittalked Daryl Morey. Instant respect from me

Now Morey is playing tough guy and acting like he doesn't care and that he'll hold out on a trade for as long as possible. Now Embiid's removed 76ers info from his twitter profile. I'm guessing he's pushing for an immediate trade

i'd trade embiid for luke kornet or something, if the 6ers are interested

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

"The seeds of mistrust had been planted with the smallest forgotten promises according to Harden. 'Every Friday, that was going to be pizza day...That was the deal we had but that was a loving lie.'"

..."Harden told the assembled class of 14 year-olds in attendance for the launch of Harden's Chinese wine company."

LMFAO

its real.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Punkin Spunkin posted:

If you actually thought that was real for a millisecond I swear to god I'm going to shake you like a British nanny ((boomer reference))

its real.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

im surprised chinese fans are choosing to support harden here, rather than to support morey

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

AnimeIsTrash posted:

can u get me this shirt

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

TDepressionEarl posted:

Dante Exum and Joe Ingles passing really well. Australia have too much bench depth, Finland are longer and taller but not getting second chances. Sasu Salin the only notable shooter for Finland.

how does ben simmons look out there?