Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Every baseball game contains a a 3 hour podcast in the form of the (usually) dudes they have in the booth.

It seems like you've got everything from "pair of people who just need a job" to "beloved former players who jaw back and forth for 9 innings".

It also seems like a lot of wild poo poo gets said and nobody remembers or comments on it because it's just banter during a baseball game but as a Mariner fan I cannot let the poo poo Dave Sims says go unremarked upon.

The other day this was an exchange during the Yankees game where Victor Wembanyama threw out the ceremonial first pitch and this is where Sims went (paraphrasing):

quote:

Dave Sims: "Lots of tall basketball players pitched ball. It's simple, just throw it over the top. Wilt Chamberlain played amateur ball. Kareem Abdul Jabbar..."

Aaron Goldsmith: "You've seen Kareem Abdul Jabbar pitch a baseball as a 7 foot tall man?"

Dave Sims: "Well, I have to ASSUME. I know people... I'll have to ask and get back to you."

I always got the impression Dave Sims just made poo poo up whenever he felt like it so it was really funny to hear someone just ask him point blank if a claim was true and have the immediate answer be "No, not really."

Anyway, announcers saying and doing weird poo poo is my favorite thing so please post clips and transcripts so I can laugh and learn about your team's booth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTDmVRD6apQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fptq-tnxq8

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Lmao was he having a legit medical episode or did his brain just short circuit like Sims up there?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Lmao was he having a legit medical episode or did his brain just short circuit like Sims up there?

The former