Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Congrats to Indiana on getting the bassist from Soundgarden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I like the Pacers draft this year.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
He doesn't seem thrilled to be going to Charlotte

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Is Nick Smith good

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

The Glumslinger posted:

He doesn't seem thrilled to be going to Charlotte

Is he just super happy to make the 1st round?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

morestuff posted:

Is Nick Smith good

I think so. He was injured most of the year and when he came back from injury he was trying to do too much because he was supposed to be The Guy which meant he could score 20+ or he could make one basket. Being able to just be healthy and part of a team where he isn’t expected to just be the #1 option, I think he will do pretty good

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

morestuff posted:

Is Nick Smith good

Maybe. He was the #6 guy in preseason and some people said that was too low. Had some injuries and a weird fit in college where he looked pretty bad. So I guess it's what you believe is real.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

jackofarcades posted:

from one of the draft guys I follow:

The Pitch: Strong, big bodied scoring 4 who can shoot

Offensive Role: Smooth scorer and streak shooter who can catch fire with the best of them.

Defensive Role: Classic combo forward without a defined role on defense, but has some good traits

Khris Middleton? lol

Seems like a good pickup if he pans out. Could see him becoming a solid bench effort guy

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The draft guys I follow LOVE Prosper but I never got around to watching anything on him.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Kobe on the clippers? Bad vibes

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Way earlier than I expected for Kobe, wow

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Hooting and hollering about the Heat taking Jacquez. First UCLA player since Westbrook that I'll follow from college to the NBA. So excited to watch him play in the 4th with Jimmy.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Do I dare stay up for the second round like a true sicko?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Kobe Brown going in the 1st is pretty crazy. Maybe he keeps developing, he certainly did at Mizzou

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Wolves traded up to 33

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1672081632826740740?s=46

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Do I dare stay up for the second round like a true sicko?

Don't just stay up, get mad about your team passing on some guy in the 40s.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
https://twitter.com/JonKrawczynski/status/1672081635011862528?t=rr5W3bz_jA3ArRlTWXA2sw&s=19

That seems light, I like it.

Guessing GG, Rupert, or Andre

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Spinella had Kobe Brown in the first so it's not that shocking.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's a funny phenomenon that the 2nd round these days is where the players i have actually heard of are drafted because i watch the big ten

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Going to need a tweet to tell me who the Pacers actually drafted to play for them and what picks they traded to someone else.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Miller next to Wemby is going to be interesting

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

american soccer legend cobi jones

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

BUY A PICK YOU CHEAP SON OF A BITCH

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Miller was very high on my list, I'm a big believer. I think he has a really high floor on offense and gets after it at defense. Could be a nice release valve for ANT MAN.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Is Nnaji good

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

morestuff posted:

Is Nnaji good

Huge man, great defensive instincts, darts around the floor so fast. Big dunks if you get it to him by the rim. Might never have dribbled a basketball before.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am going to new york dressed as the hamburglar and stealing a second round pick

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Unfortunately miller will languish and flounder in minnesota like a common layabout until he is traded and finds his true calling on the new jersey nets

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

R.D. Mangles posted:

BUY A PICK YOU CHEAP SON OF A BITCH

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1672085693613441026

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

my buddy was in town at the combine unwittingly staying at the hotel where all the players were and was in an elevator next to julian phillips, who he said was disarmingly polite, that's my NBA draft story

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

my buddy was in town at the combine unwittingly staying at the hotel where all the players were and was in an elevator next to julian phillips, who he said was disarmingly polite, that's my NBA draft story

To me this is like your best friend is a Chicago Bull now.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Ooo, I like Leonard Miller there for the Wolves. He'll get development time and attention too.

You can always use a combo forward like that.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Hornets draft seems kind of good except for the obvious

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

morestuff posted:

Hornets draft seems kind of good except for the obvious

Agreed on all counts.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Lockback posted:

Ooo, I like Leonard Miller there for the Wolves. He'll get development time and attention too.

You can always use a combo forward like that.
I was hoping for Andre when they moved up but yeah, seems like a good spot for Miller and I've got no complaints about taking part of the DLo return and using it here.

If he ends up able to credibly guard 3s, Ant-McDaniels-Miller-KAT-Gobert just feels fun in a couple years

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

who is julian phillips and what does he do

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

R.D. Mangles posted:

who is julian phillips and what does he do

It appears "plays defense" and "shoots poorly." AK is really good at getting a specific type of player...just wish it was a more useful type of guy...

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

screaming NO! NO! NOT THAT GUY!!!!! as mohamed gueye is drafted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

SHUT UP JJ THOSE TABLES ARE MY LIVELIHOOD