Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think that there's a big overarching problem with the culture of D&D, in that one camp of posters seems to assume that any posts made by another camp of posters is always trolling, or some kind of "invasion" from CSPAM (despite both camps being D&D regulars). I've seen so many conversations that started with what I thought were fairly innocuous opinions spiral out of control because one side just constantly assumes malice of the other. I'm not sure how you would go about fixing that though so I don't think I can provide any useful feedback right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If it was possible, it would be an interesting experiment to see how conversations would go if normal users couldn't see user names or avatars. Mods would still be able to see them so it wouldn't be a free pass to post reprehensible poo poo, but I wonder if it would make things better or worse to not have posters making mental shortcuts and assumptions about the positions of posters that they personally dislike.

OTOH that's basically 4chan so maybe not.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

socialsecurity posted:

This is you quoting someone doing syq poo poo just a few days ago. So why should I take you at any sort of good faith when you are just straight up obviously lying? Also that mass reporting poo poo is a dumb myth I've never seen a lock of evidence for, like more notice if reports are spammed and I'm pretty sure multiple people can't even report the same message.

As for posting on CSpamI have no interest in being chain probed.

How much of this is just expressing frustration about stupid posts vs. what you are accusing, which is that CSPAM posters are invading D&D to rile them up and farm for quotes?

Serious question: would you be willing to engage with these posters in good faith if this behavior ended?